Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-23-2012, 02:20 AM   #505
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGIY94
I do think that guy who fouls off 8 pitches in a AB is a little contrived. No matter what speed, no matter what location...even if he does that tied up swing he'll make contact. Obviously there are ABs like that in real baseball, but it just feels off.
Exactly. Some guys turn into Ichiro, and that's kind of a bummer. I decided that after 3 fouls, I walk them. Which sucks because it really hurts my pitchers feelings and I often give up a hit right away anyway. Scripted at bats kill the flow of the game for me, and are disheartening to say the least.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #506
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Exactly. Some guys turn into Ichiro, and that's kind of a bummer. I decided that after 3 fouls, I walk them. Which sucks because it really hurts my pitchers feelings and I often give up a hit right away anyway. Scripted at bats kill the flow of the game for me, and are disheartening to say the least.

There are no scripted at-bats.
Zero.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #507
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Zero.

M.K.
Knight165
Though I agree that "scripted" isn't the proper word choice here, I also maintain that the "flow" of 10 FEELS different than 12, esp. with regard to the pitching / hitting interaction...

I FEEL I have much more USER input / control with both on 10, and much less with 12...

I still theorize that when analog controls were implemented, something changed re: that part of the core gameplay...

I go by strike and early count percentages as well as the "eye test" re: USER ability to locate and 10 plays very realistically for me, while 12 was pretty much spotty and impossible to replicate those numbers and that result...

I still think that things got re tuned for analog and the basic modes got tweaked for the worse in the process...

It's been VERY, VERY interesting to revisit 10, esp. since the 100 or so game of 12 are so fresh in my memory...
Old 08-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #508
Rookie

OVR: 5

I want to see more body types. There ar eplayers in the game that are "fat," but aren't that fat. Prince Fielder and Frank Francisco have the same body complection in the game, but aren't alike at all in real life. Maybe go like Skinny, Buff, Ripped, Normal, Thick, Chunky, and Fat.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #509
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy

The CPU follows the same rules as us, so they are also given the power, normal, and contact swing. Basically what happens is that with two strikes the CPU uses the contact swing with weaker hitters, which makes them a really tough out. Check out the CPU's PCI before two strikes and after two strikes for batters with low contact ability - the PCI swells up and covers the whole strike zone.

The thing that I would like to see change is the impact of pitcher confidence on timing hitting users. I know its been said multiple times that high pitch confidence only gives a location boost but I simply cannot believe that. I played spring training game yesterday where I was facing Wade Miley with almost no confidence, and I was able to make hard contact every time I swung, even with bad timing. The next inning the CPU brings in Joe Saunders and his confidence bar is almost full. The result? multiple whiffs on fastballs right down the middle with perfect timing with Jesus Montero, Dustin Ackley, etc.

I like the idea of pitcher confidence as a whole, I just think the effect is too strong (for anyone not using zone obviously) and that high confidence is achieved too quickly by the CPU. If the CPU strikes out the side in the first inning, the game is basically over at that point for us timing users.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #510
Rookie

OVR: 0
Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but building your own custom ball park would be real nice.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #511
KV

majestic24's Arena

OVR: 8

Vin Scully
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #512
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Zero.

M.K.
Knight165
Well, there sure are a lot of coincidences.

A lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »