Home

OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #129
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
By today's standards it would be unplayable. For that time that was all we had so we were for the most part content. Times have changed. 2k5 and 2k8 raised the bar for football standards and Madden has STILL not caught up.

No on is expecting for perfection. We ARE looking for better than what we have had. The IE engine is a good idea with a bad start. Its not garbage, and it has potential. It just needs to be tweaked/cleaned up. Its new right now so some of you this week are accepting of the flaws but lets hear from you 4 weeks from now after your 500th viewing of your HB falling down simply because he touched a offensive lineman.
Tweaked lol!! So now they are going to spend the next 5yrs tweaking the engine?? While we have to sit back and wait for it to be a solid fundamental sim football game?? Are you kidding me!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #130
MVP

Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

I like it, its great and has great potential, but that potential needs to be seen throughout the whole year. Post game support is a must as tuned updates were non existent and no one mentioned a darn thing about what happened to them.

One thing we need here is a Round-table discussion with the devs NOW, not next year in Feb and Apr.

Running animations need to be tuned with some sort of foot planting/weight/ and physics momentum. Features need to added and kept uptown date and not missing from previous years.

Pre play menus are lagging but hopefully that's resolved I the retail version, but I want yr round support and now that there is no more NCAA, that team just got bigger so more issues should be resolved by next.madden.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #131
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by comen
Tweaked lol!! So now they are going to spend the next 5yrs tweaking the engine?? While we have to sit back and wait for it to be a solid fundamental sim football game?? Are you kidding me!!!!!!!
And what makes me laugh even more is that they (ea) will keep advertising the game as if it is some revelation or marvel!! Have you looked at their site? "The fans have spoken." What a joke!! These guys running the show over there (at ea) just have no clue how to create a solid game! And they either must be idiots or flat out liars if they say this game is good!! I dont know why the NFL allows this but it needs to STOP!! There needs to be some kind of petition sent to the NFL to stop this!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #132
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by comen
And what makes me laugh even more is that they (ea) will keep advertising the game as if it is some revelation or marvel!! Have you looked at their site? "The fans have spoken." What a joke!! These guys running the show over there (at ea) just have no clue how to create a solid game! And they either must be idiots or flat out liars if they say this game is good!! I dont know why the NFL allows this but it needs to STOP!! There needs to be some kind of petition sent to the NFL to stop this!!
Calling devs idiots and liars can get you banned...
Old 08-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #133
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Well, the reason you don't see that criticism is because those games you mention are generally regarded as "good"...

They don't NEED to reinvent themselves.
But Madden is also a "good" game by the majority of subjective standards.

Even OS' more discerning critical opinion hasn't scored a console release Madden game lower than a 7.5 out of 10, and it's metacritic ratings have consistently fallen right around the 80 range. Me personally, I've found each Madden significantly better than the previous one, with admission that any next-gen Madden games before Madden 09 weren't really worth playing.

But to the point, Madden hasn't exactly reinvented itself either. Simulation sports games can't really, they are consistently bound by the rules and laws of the sport they are attempting to simulate.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #134
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Im with the OS round table. We see things eye to eye here
Old 08-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #135
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Calling devs idiots and liars can get you banned...
My bad! I guess I should have worded it better but its too bad this game is so awful!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 6

No one else has noticed how flaky man coverage gets when the cpu calls no huddle?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »