Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #385
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Also, maybe I'm missing it, but I'd like to be able to negotiate contract extensions with players mid-season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #386
Rookie

CincyBaseball's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
Also, maybe I'm missing it, but I'd like to be able to negotiate contract extensions with players mid-season.
You're not missing it. It's not in there.

If you're a fan of the front office side, yeah, I can see it. I'd just rather play and decide who to sign and who to let walk at the end of the season.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #387
Rookie

lebron james's Arena

OVR: 1

NEW ANNOUNCERS NEW ANNOUNCERS NEW ANNOUNCERS NEW ANNOUNCERS NEW ANNOUNCERS NEW ANNOUNCERS NEW ANNOUNCERS NEW ANNOUNCERS NEW ANNOUNCERS NEW ANNOUNCERS.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #388
Rookie

CincyBaseball's Arena

Lebron, I don't mind Vasgersian and Campbell. I don't dislike Karros. It's just that the Wonder Dog had panache.

I would say new commentary is necessary. And correct commentary while I'm at it.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #389
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Frankly not that much, but a few would make it so I dont feel pissed off at spending another $60 for minor changes and new stances/pitching animations.
  • Wider strike zones. At least have more bad calls on strikes, more balls being called strikes and maybe a bit more strikes called balls. Just more realistic in general. MLB umpires just have wide zones now, and dont call high strikes. Maybe MLB would have a problem with not abiding by the rule book, but adding into the umpire tendencies that they have wider zones shouldn't be a problem.
  • Better facial animation. Ex: Closer closes out game, pumps fist with no facial mvoement and clinched mounth. Looks awesome man!
  • More catcher set up animations. Please for the love fo god add in the catcher putting the glove where it's actaully called. As of now I try to hit the outside corner, but he sets up down the middle because the cursor was slightly inside the zone. The set up on the corner position is actually way outside. It sucks since the default view SCEA seems it wants everyone to use now is the broadcast one. I'm sick of seeimg the same few set up spots, which are wrong as well, over and over.
  • I'd love some new commentators, but the backlog of stuff they have now would make repeatable dialog much more of a problem in 2013. But veteran players are sick of hearing the same crap for years. Get some cheap voice actors and record a bunch of stuff. I dont care if they're real announcers, I just want you to kill...I mean replace the current announcers.
  • BETTER NET CODE!!!! Its getting better every year, but too often are games decided based on lag. I'd call the devs geniuses if they added this feature. Detect each players' ping, if it is high (200+) and a player quits the game before the 4th inning or so erase the game from both players' history. Since it would be ikely the game ended due to one player beign fed up with the lag. Add a category for the player stats, Lag Quits: 4, so other players know how many times they've had unbearable lag.
  • Actual DLC. I would pay good money, and I'm sure most on here would, for stadium updates, additional batting stances, pitching motions, ROSTERS with actual players (with stats, faces, pictures, etc. basically the ones that come with the game. I'd gladly pay $10 for a pack of all the players that debuted during the season. Maybe put it out near the all-star break. As well as a lesser fee for the stadium updates that were apparent upon opening day that year. i.e. Wrigley Field's changes in right. I would have paid $10 for a DLC pack that added some of those stadium updates, moved the Astros to the AL in 2013, and added the two wildcard team rule.
  • Hitter tendencies. Are they a pull hitter, do they have a high ground ball to fly ball ratio. Same for pitchers, does a player have a high ground ball rate or not. Do they throw their fastball 75 percent of the time.It would be nice if this affected the controlled players as well and not just the AI. I remember the all-star baseball games having a push/pull option and it changes the batting cursor I believe. It might have beena Ken Griffy jr. game as well
  • Custom pitch movements similar to the MVP series. That was awesome, being able to chose the movement on a 2 seam fast ball, or chose a slider that goes 11-5. In the game now you can get by by making a really fast sinker, or fast sweeping curve. And a lot of movement is determined by the pitching animation I feel.
  • Instant replay. I feel like I've seen a HR instant replay before in the game. Maybe I dreamed it or something. But this happens pretty often actually now.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 07-31-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #390
Banned

OVR: 8

The ONLY thing MLB 13 needs to have it in are life time stats like this

The game is just gold to me other than that.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:00 AM   #391
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7

cincy baseball - i agree totally on your 1,2,5,6 and 7 those are my biggest wants
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #392
Rookie

I'm a franchise nut and for a long time I have always wanted another level or 2 for minor league teams. Better yet would be a rookie league team. This would allow expansion of the draft. I absolutely hate that there are only 4 or 5 rounds in the draft. It really bothers me that there are more rounds in the NFL games currently than in an MLB game. Even if the draft were amped up to 10 rounds I would be satisfied.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »