Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #377
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showstealer32
I would love to see a call game rating in this game. Some guys call a great game and others welll, dont do as well. MVP had this and was awesome. Made you really think about who u had behind the plate.
Call game rating for the catchers calling the pitches? Is that what you mean? If so, I'm totally on board with this although I think it is a hidden stat as well.. seems like the Vets do a much better job than younger players but it could be my imagination.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:50 AM   #378
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

make Rookie and Veteran more enjoyable and easier to win on and play on... not every level needs to be real and hard to enjoy go back to 08 with the AI on the lower couple levels... even default All-Star was playable and enjoyable and that was my first time playing a first season with this series.

You have taken the input of the top rated players here on the boards and run with it. what about those of us that dont find the game that easy? those of us that don't play this game on the top two or three levels of play??? why should we have to suffer the pain of unplayability due to the top 1% of the gamers on this site..

please lower AI back to or as close to 08 levels on Rookie and Veteran and maybe All-Star ..
Old 07-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #379
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
A tutorial on Classic pitching, like what are you supposed to do.
Head over to The Show slider sub forum. There is a great thread on Classic Pitching with ton's of tips and suggestions.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 07-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #380
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Head over to The Show slider sub forum. There is a great thread on Classic Pitching with ton's of tips and suggestions.
I've read quite a few threads on Classic pitching (tips and suggestions), but nothing official. I would like to see an official explanation of what to do for Classic pitching.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #381
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

I haven't gone through all the posts here, so I imagine this has been suggested:

The ability to customize leagues for season mode. Reduce the number of teams and divisions. Specifically, it would be great to have two eight-team leagues, for those that want to play a past season, pre-expansion of 1961.

Would be great to be able to recreate those seasons and have the CPU generate a 154-game schedule. Also have the ability to rename some teams: Brooklyn Dodgers, New York Giants, Philadelphia A's, Milwaukee Braves, St. Louis Browns, Washington Senators, etc.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #382
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroehms
There needs to be a noticeable difference in atmosphere from say a 6-1 game to a 3-2 game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
This for sure. Also they have to do something about the weather in the cities that have domed stadiums. If u can't close the roofs at least make it where the weather isnt 30 degrees. Make it where in Toronto the weather is no lower than 65 degrees. At least that way we would see a reason the roof isn't closed.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #383
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

The Show does such a great job immersing you in the game with stats galore that it's a shame the announcers come up short. They inject next to no life in the game, and that's a shame. So new announcers are a must.

I'd also like to see the removal of bar ratings, or at incorporate a numerical value. Make it 20-80, like the scout scale. It's frustrating trying to figure out things like who is the better defensive player, or comparing two different hitters against left-handed pitchers.

Making the discipline rating mean something. This is one of those things that 2K got right. For guys with a high discipline/plate vision rating, like a Dunn or a Votto (guys who draw 100 walks a season), you'd get a "sneak peek" at the pitch (i.e. the game would show a little line indicating what area the pitch would be in and what type of pitch). It wouldn't happen every pitch, and lesser hitters wouldn't get that advantage very often. It really helped those ratings mean something, IMO.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #384
Rookie

CincyBaseball's Arena

OVR: 0

1. Option to have retractable-roofed parks with open or closed roofs.

2. Option for switch-hitters to bat from the other side in all modes.

3. Reduce the number of times pitchers get hit.

4. An option to create a player and follow him throughout his career in season or franchise mode.

5. Bring back Rex Hudler.

6. Custom realignment.

7. Relocate franchise and build a park. Maybe cut a deal with a city and have to use an existing venue temporarily and the ability to negotiate who pays for what and receive offers from cities.

8. Snapshots in replay mode and the ability to upload them and download them to your computer.

9. Realistic trades.

10. Something like EA's Game Face.

11. Better home run and walkoff celebrations.

12. New championship celebrations.

13. Option to dispute calls and control level of anger on questionable calls. (The black umpire is really inconsistent).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »