Home

Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #33
Rookie

tical2399's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Wow! After this no one can ever accuse OS of being shills for EA Sports. Well done. If I do upgrade from NCAA 11 this year, it will probably be to a used copy of 12, not 13.
sure you can, cause they never seem to say any of this in the demos or when they get invited to behind the scenes events. They will claim "its not fair to be hard on a game that's not finished" but we all know by the time EA shows it to press its pretty much final. Its not like height and weight dont matter in the demo/press version but will matter in the demo.

So when OS or Pasta say things like "its shaping up to be a good game" or "this one has a lot of potential" they are lying to you. If they are listing all the problem the game has why didnt they warn people of those problems when they saw it early (they are a featured community, they saw it early).

Why not say in the preview "i've played the game but its not looking good. i'll hold out hope but so far is not looking promising". If they said that then and come out with these gripes now they would be more credible. Unless they think we are dumb and that the game was polished and great at the time they saw it and the extra dev time since then made it worse.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #34
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464

But the left/middle/right run commit is lame. IRL you'd scheme to put extra support (ex: walking a safety down or blitzing) in those areas rather than telling your guys to break off their assignments and over-pursue to the committed side.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but do it like last gen, EA.
This. They should just take the gimmick out.

Whether they bite or not should be based of play recognition & awareness.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3
One of the best articles I've read on OS. Thanks for the honest and detailed assessment. Although the game can be surely be enjoyable in a relatively simplistic form, these historical trends so wonderfully outlined were the tipping point for me in selling off my copy of '13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #36
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
wow amen..this deserves its own sticky. I love the way the op broke it down about player movement and the specific issues that come with it being unrealistic. I just wish more people would voice there concern because it seems as if everybody is content with the way things are.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 22

NCAA 13 is the best NCAA game i've ever played. It's heaps better than 12, 11, etc..

I guess it's because of the new passing, and it feels more smoother.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
The marketing of NCAA Football 12 led gamers to believe that suction blocking was completely removed from EA's game engine.

However, not only did suction blocking still exist in last year's game, but now it's back again for NCAA Football 13.
In spite of this sort of marketing and failure to deliver (out-and-out lying, perhaps?) every year EA announces some new feature or fix and every year people start talking about these months before game release as if EA's marketing is gospel truth. And every year we end up with disappointed gamers.

This is nothing new. EA has been doing this for years, and it blows my mind that people still fall for it. It's why I haven't owned a Madden game since 09 or an NCAA game since 2010, let alone bought either one on day 1. It's why I'm not buying into the hype of this Infinity Engine EA keeps bragging about. Want to impress me? Fix what you currently have.

It's a shame, too. I truly want to have a playable football game. Honestly, there hasn't been a very good one since Madden 04 and NFL 2k5.

Last edited by mwjr; 07-20-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #39
Banned

Pmoney327's Arena

OVR: 1

That's my video with the skinny post using Rutgers.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

GREAT Post... Now let start the clock to see how many years until these thing get "In The Game"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »