Home

Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 32
This is an excellent root cause analysis articleEA devs should pay close attention to. While there are some on here that are puzzled as to what is listed here - others whom have played the game for years are very aware of these issues and are wanting to see improvement. Those that remain unaware - I assure you, you are in the minority. This by no means is bashing EA in any way, it is simply pointing out flaws in the core gameplay and itemized them down to a cause and effect relationship. I for one hope they are able to get this resolved by the time we are all playing on the 720 and PS4. I would doubt any of these difficult calculations needed will make it on any current gen consoles at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Five Reasons to Hold off on Buying NCAA Football 13

Good write up. Defense is in need of some attention. But with new consoles on the horizon, how much effort (money and time) will EA really put into the next versions of NCAA? Unless the physics engine in Madden is an absolute mess, it should make it's way to NCAA. So other than that engine being introduced there will be nothing new added to NCAA '14. It could be 2 years before they address the fact that defense isn't represented very well in this game. Which brings us back to the new consoles- look how iffy the first year was for NCAA and Madden for the 360 and PS3. With EA's track record, I don't see them NOT making the same mistakes again. Long story short, this is probably as good as it gets. It ain't completely terrible, but there is so much room for improvement.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #43
Rookie

illini4life's Arena

OVR: 6

I actually like the game. I liked '12 and i like '13. EA just needs to improve the defensive secondary issues and blocking and its a solid game.

COLLEGE
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE UofI
Fighting Illini!

MLB
Dodgers!

PSN: coocath110

OSCFL- Purdue Boilermakers
Three yards and a cloud of dust- Kansas St. Wildcats
Old 07-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #44
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Didn't we just have a write-up a few weeks ago giving 5 reasons NCAA will top Madden? ironic.

As a 30 year old football obsessed dork, I never thought the best college football games I were ever going to play would have been in 2006.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0
All these problem will be fix when xbox 720 come out next year... I doubt they can fix for 360 cuz it been like this for the longest they probably dont have enough space
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #46
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg4life
All these problem will be fix when xbox 720 come out next year... I doubt they can fix for 360 cuz it been like this for the longest they probably dont have enough space
Well, the best we can say is that "all these problem[s] may be fix[ed] when Xbox 720 comes out."

There's no good reason for why the foundations of the current-gen engine are so weak. If anything, weight and momentum seem to matter less than even last-gen. I certainly hope the basic engine is better next-gen, but I'm not holding my breath either.

But you're right that we're unlikely to see any fundamental changes until they switch to a new system.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 07-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg4life
I'm not holding my breath. We thought all the issues from the previous generation would be fixed with this generation.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 19
so it seems as though EA drobbed the ball on this one. To add, folks have to wait 2 weeks for the next patch, then another month.
Maybe the developmnet team was too ambitious. IN addition, the queston that need to be asked is who are the people heading up the testing/SQA team. recurring bugs should not still be happening in this title.
anyways it seems as though I will be skipping this title. or pick it up later this year once the price is slashed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »