Home

NCAA Football 12 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #121
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: NCAA Football 12 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBo513
Im telling you I was still seeing occurrences of the bug. Just because you don't doesn' t mean people are making up stories.

Sent from my cheap *** phone
You probably don't have the most recent patches/tuners then.
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #122
Rookie

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9
No, that's not it.

Sent from my cheap *** phone
Old 05-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #123
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I told them that and was ignored as well.. Some people just enjoy their misery I think...

Again. I know the bug is gone. But my first couple of classes did not magically reverse themselves after DL the latest Patch and tuners. All classes going forward (including my year 4 class I am in the procees of signing) will be fine.

I am not in any misery. I love this game.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 06-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #124
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
So this guy is now an NCAA 13 game designer? How convenient that the only thing he knocked was audio presentation and that's now what he's in charge of for NCAA 13. How does that work exactly? You post a glowing review, for the most part, and get hired to run the area you do not like? Typical EA
Old 06-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #125
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
So this guy is now an NCAA 13 game designer? How convenient that the only thing he knocked was audio presentation and that's now what he's in charge of for NCAA 13. How does that work exactly? You post a glowing review, for the most part, and get hired to run the area you do not like? Typical EA
Look at it this way. If he wrote a glowing report for some aspects of the game, then EA doesn't need any additional insight/assisstence in making it better so it would be a waste to hire him in that department. Now, if he criticized certain aspects of the game then obviously EA needs someone to help improve that area. It would thus make sense to hire someone who had been critical of that aspect of the game to help improve it because they would better be able to advise and assist in improving that area to make it better than someone who wrote a positive review for that area.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #126
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Well, first, he said the game was "polished" so all of his credibility went out the window there. We all know that game is far from polished. So he isn't truly an objective or even that knowledgeable of an asset.

Second, what does someone from the media or "community" know about game design? You can get ideas from the forums all day long. How is that selling confidence in the game that a non-trained "fan" of the game is now in charge of a certain aspect.

What about the other aspects? People criticized the bugs, the freezing, the flawed implementation of custom playbooks, the AI, the animations, Road to Glory, Team Builder. Were all of those people hired to give insight also?

A person trained in game design is going to go into the project with a different mindset than someone who just walked into their dream job with no experience. You can't just walk into a position you have no experience in and produce the way a skilled person in that field would. We all have ideas.

Think of it this way, a professional athlete is accustomed to the ins and outs of his profession. They've dealt with the ups and downs, the stresses, the joys and excitements and the money. Now take some joe off the street and throw him in. He may have the "talent" but does he have all the other necessary tools and experience to deal with the pressure of being a professional? Can he get a hit in his first at bat or is he going to struggle for awhile? Look at Bryce Harper. Albert Pujols IS a professional and look how long it took him to get going.

This in no way instills confidence in the game for me.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 09-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #127
Rookie

PorkySpurs14's Arena

OVR: 0
Just a question here: has anyone seen or know of an updated downloadable roster for this year 2014/2015?? leave me a message or something thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »