Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #137
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1) more variations of player movements. Everybody runs and throws the same.

2) Someone mentioned already but retractable roofs (that should work).

3) more injury audio and animations. Every time a guy gets hurt the announcers talk about his hamstring.

4) Rain outs and subsequent double headers.

5) More depth to scouting and player development.

6) Better progression system.

7) Tighter restrictions on spending in Franchise Mode. It's fun to control how much one spends on vending, seats, coaches etc but there's an endless supply of money so you really don't have to worry about not spend top dollar for every aspect.

8) Being able to move teams and/or custom rebuild stadiums.

9) Get servers with zero lag for online or just scrap the entire thing. It's pointless and not fun at all as it stands.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #138
Pro

OVR: 5
Ability to add/edit managers and their +/- . Imagine seeing a user created coming to the mound grabbing his huge left ear then slapping his left wrist to bring someone in from the pen.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #139
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I'd be okay with:

a) Create-a-team (which means a create-a-stadium as well) that could be used in franchise mode to either replace an existing one, or as an expension team.

b) Easier roster management feature...like the ability to dump someone on free agents, or ship a player to a different team without having to trade for another player.

c) ...and finally, this is purely esthetic, but I'd like the players pic to reflect the current team they are playing for (with correct cap and jersey) in franchise. So that the players I'm trading for would actually wear my colors in their individual pictures. Most cyberfaces are so well done, I wouldn't even mind if they were ALL displayed instead of real-life pictures.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #140
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
I think the biggest feature they could add would be a hitter's eye mechanic. Something like 2K has or MVP had.

I think the sliders all need to be on a 20 point scale next year and all be split between user and cpu.

I'd like to see a new mechanic to catch fly balls and differentiate between outfielders. I thought 2K's fielding circle changing size and speed based on ability was a good idea.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 0

Overload of accessories and player equipment! If you see guys wearing it on tv, we need to have something similar in the game. Doesn't seem like a huge deal, but trust me... When you see your favorite player looking spot on during a game, it just makes it that much more enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #142
Rookie

Philly07's Arena

OVR: 2

In Franchise, I'd love to see something similar to what Madden had with EA Sports Radio with Tony Bruno.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #143
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

OVR: 8
All I would like to see is the ability to release players to free agency to adjust rosters without having to swap them with someone in the free agent list. That's all I want.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio88
Not a White Sox fan but for Commentary we need some Hawk Harrelson..."And you can put it on the board YES....YES.
He does, if you hit a HR with a ChiSox player, he will say it on occasion. I've also heard him say "He gone!" after striking out an Angel but the "He gone!" comment was on The Show 2011 for PSP.

Few other things I would like to see:

1. more team specific sayings like those mentioned above when it comes to their home announcers.

2. idle chat because that's what the announcers do in baseball. I like how they used to talk about advertisements in Triple Play. Remember Lobster Cola? How about solicit real companies to plug in the game like State Farm already does?

3. I would like to see more realistic deflections off the pitcher. Seems every time I deflect a hit off him, it bounces 90* to either the 1st baseman or 3rd baseman.

4. less successful diving catches by the computer, it's pretty ridiculous how often they make diving catches.

5. less successful Willie Mays style catches, full run over the shoulder type of stuff.

6. ability to turn player fatigue off. We have options for everything else. Why not this?

7. have seat additions actually reflected in the game log.

8. more realistic crowd reactions.

9. build a team/stadium.

10. players throw the ball into the stands after an inning is through.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »