Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #105

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Improve on Franchise mode. Other than my team, their is no immersion what so ever in this game.

Give me pre-existing injuries, Top 100 prospects list that changes each year, player roles/personalities so that way top prospects are treated much better in the organization, similar to MLB 2k's franchise give storylines like "Dodgers plan on calling up Zach Lee" or "Cole Hamels to test free agency", basically give more immersion throughout the league.

Add more statistics, revamp commentary (perhaps new commentators?), and sure up trade logic.

Last edited by Marino; 05-26-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #106
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I disagree with the commentary needing more; if anything it needs less. The biggest waste of programming effort in these sports games is all the team and player-specific chatter one has to listen to over and over again every time you play that team. I much prefer the minimalist chatter from sports games gone by like Hardball: calling balls, stikes, outs, etc. And that's it.
This is a little extreme but I have to agree. If I have to hear about Sean Rodriguez's jellyfish, David Price's spot in the draft, or Carlos Pena's return to Tampa one more time I think I'm going to mute them all. Just talk about the game. All these cute irrelevant stories get old really fast. Talk about the pitching strategy, the score, the trends of the game, what kind of pitch to expect, RISP, whatever... leave the jellyfish out of it!
Old 05-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #107
True Ace

Galvatron's Arena

OVR: 9

I knew when I read the thread topic that commentary and presentation would be the most mentioned suggestion...so just to add on...

Yeah it's come to the point where ALOT of work needs to be done here. ALOT! Sooooooo many of these lines from the PS2 era are still in this game and at the very least, any pieces of commentary from 2007 and earlier needs to go. Vasgersian is solid as always but needs a ****load of new material to remain interesting as the play by play guy. Campbell is...well...he needs to go. Sorry it can't be sugar coated anymore with this guy, his material is the worst by far to listen to, and there's no way on earth I can believe that he actually puts in more than a half hours worth of work each year. Stuff like "when in doubt talk it out" and "2 on 2 out and a 2-2 count"....seriously, either have him re-record ALL his lines(honestly, would it take that long) or toss him aside for new talent. Karros is actually a bright spot IMO.

The most glaring flaw in presentation is the amount of dead air during at-bats. It's very common to go thru 3 batters and not hear Karros or Campbell even once, which completely defeats the point of having 2 color commentators. They should almost never shut up. And the few new cues that were added(i.e. a team going 1-4 their last 5 games) only pop up probably once every few games if lucky. There was alot of touting about it being more dynamic this year, but in early June of my franchise I barely notice anything that resembles this. Very unsatisfying.

Serious attention needs to be made for the crowd as well. I think the sound guys need to sit and STUDY a MLB game and how the crowd reacts and non-reacts to certain events in order to replicate this effectively. Right now it's just to arbitrary- batter hits ball, ball finds a hole, batter reaches base, crowd reacts... instead of ball finds hole, crowd reacts, batter reaches base. I hope this is all being worked on because honestly, these complaints have been mentioned for YEARS, and next year being the only game in town they need addressing more than ever before.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #108
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

For me, MLB 13 The Show needs provide a Franchise mode that is similar to how realistic the in game gameplay is. What does that mean? It means that it's tough for me to play a "sim" baseball game, playing wise, in a somewhat arcadish Franchise Mode. Now, the current mode isn't all bad, it has it's ups and downs. If they could somewhat implement what AllStar Baseball did back in the day with their Franchise mode, whatever it was called, I would be in love.

Gameplay wise, this game is top notch. Franchise mode however, I believe is lagging and needs to be upgraded, which I think is supposed to be. Don't just add on a couple minor things, re-do it and make it like it should be, a true sim.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #109
Rookie

Sergio88's Arena

OVR: 3

Not a White Sox fan but for Commentary we need some Hawk Harrelson..."And you can put it on the board YES....YES.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #110
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio88
Not a White Sox fan but for Commentary we need some Hawk Harrelson..."And you can put it on the board YES....YES.
he's so horrible - i'd never buy the game again, even if i could mute him
Old 05-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by go tribe
he's so horrible - i'd never buy the game again, even if i could mute him
None of the announcers mentioned here are going to please everyone. I believe there is nothing wrong with dead air time and SCEA would be fine with only one announcer, and hopefully he'd be low key. I don't need someone telling me what I'm watching by screaming into the mike, overcome with phoney excitement over some routine play. Also, I don't understand why so many of you guys want an ESPN or Fox style broadcast. IMO they both suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #112
MVP

OVR: 28
I love The Show. I would like to see classic teams, more classic stadiums and more classic uniforms.

Would love to use the 86 Mets, 84 Tigers, 76 Reds, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »