Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

oh yeah , forgot 1...

texas leaguers - haven't seen ONE yet by either team. either the fields are too small or the OF are too shallow. all this talk about new hitting physics and we can't get ONE texas leaguer bloop single?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #74
Rookie

gubunko's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

This is a small thing, but it's always bugged me. I would like to have the ability to schedule a pinch-hitter before the person I'm pinch-hitting for comes to the plate, just like I can do for pitchers.

So if my pitcher is due up third in the inning, I can go ahead and schedule a pinch-hitter before he comes up to the plate and is announced.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bob Costas and Bob Ueker would be the perfect TV duo. IMO the best duo in the history of baseball.

Franchises able to build a new stadium. Like the Rays!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #76
Rookie

loogs's Arena

OVR: 3

Player models
They need to be improved. Some players look too fat and the catchers look weird. The equipment doesn’t fit right. Textures could be better. Things look a little too bright and unrealistic. Uniforms look the same on everone that wears the same style pants.
Editing
So much can be done here. Create a stance/ delivery. More shoe models or create a logo. Make the players wear the uniform of the team theyre on when editing. It makes it easier to do colors like team 1,2 and 3. More accessories. Add more stances and deliveries if you cant make a create a stance. We need more flexibility with hair. Give us the ability to make hair as long and as thick as possible. Let us edit real life players hair and facial hair. Sometimes during the offseason they get haircuts or their hair grows, etc. add more names to the databass. I understand that you cant have a player in the game that hasn’t hit the majors but, cant you put the name in the game? Is it illegal to add the name Bryce or Harper to the list? Just add as many names as possible.
Broadcast crew
The best thing that could happen here is to have an all new crew. If that’s not an option then adding more new content is obviously a must. Make the announcing more realistic. Sometimes in a real broadcast, the announcers aren’t talking baseball. It seems so robotic now.
Animations
Keep adding more. This makes the game more enjoyable. Pop ups, slides, throws, strike out, passed balls, etc, etc, etc. the more the better.
Bunting
Bunting needs a major overhaul. Right now its impossible to draw for a bunt and then pull the bat back if the pitch is a ball. Please fix that.

That’s all ive got for now. thanks
Old 05-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #77
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly07
I pay a bit too much attention to stuff like cleats (props to the new styles this year, it would be cool if there were even more added next year such as one similar to the ZigTech cleats some players like Bautista and Bell wear) and batting stances. That being said, I would like to see batting stances and pitching motions be customizable for MLB 13. I would love to have my RTTS player have, say, Adrian Gonzalez's stance with Danny Espinosa's leg kick. Also, I would like to be able to have every pitching motion be available for use exclusively from the stretch. 2K was able to do this, and if they could, then so can The Show.

These additions would certainly help out with those either looking for the perfect stance for their RTTS player, or those responsible for roster creation.
yea if you wanna talk about adding some accessory stuff then they need to get some deals with shoe & equipment companies. That way we can give guys Nikes or whatever like other games have. Thats one thing the game has always been missing, real cleats and company apparel.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #78
Rookie

jinc1019's Arena

OVR: 4

I admit I have not at all read what has been written thus far, so if I am repeating others...Good...because I think it needs to be said over and over. I love the show, but the franchise mode is so stale that it makes it harder and harder to get into the game. It is VERY similar to what it was back when I played it prior to the ps3 even existing (I have played it every year since and bought a ps3 for this game only).

1.) Franchise improvement. There needs to be a new interface. One of the best things San Diego can do is make it LOOK different, even if nothing else changes (which I hope it does), at least it would feel different. When you play as many games a year, spending as many hours as we all do in that same game, it helps to add a different look and feel to a mode, even if nothing subtantial has changed.

There also needs to be a fresh take on franchise, putting more of an emphasis on customizing your team...Stadium customizations, being able to move the team to a new location, a stadium builder (even if this is a feature that is DLC and costs extra money), REAL CONTRACTS, and more REAL advertising in the game.

Additionally, I think adding STORYLINES to franchise mode would make a huge difference and cinematic events occuring in franchise mode (such as a manager approaching a player after a game or a GM talking to a manager or an underperforming player or a press conference with signed players). These things are A LOT OF WORK, and I know that...but over time, they should all be added to the game.

2.) Expansion mode....All-Star Baseball's expansion mode was great...and there is no reason why this game couldn't have something similar...especially since SCEA already created a great uniform creator for Diamond Dynasty. If all next year's game did was add an expansion mode, it would be a big sell to a lot on these forums.

I love this game, and I continue to buy it, but honestly, without some big improvements to franchise mode, I don't know if I can continue to justify an annual purchase of this game (and there are a lot of people who feel the same way). I am not saying ALL these things need to be there next year, but a few of them should at least and it would go a long way. Honestly, if all these things aren't in the game 3 years from now, I will be pretty disappointed, for whatever that is worth!

TEAMS:
Baseball: Red Sox
Basketball: Celtics, Duke, U Richmond
Football: Duke, U Richmond (FCS)
Old 05-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 6

All I ask for is not having my franchise file go dead 150 games in for nearly a month

Feature wise though, I'd really like to see an overhauled amateur draft.

I would like to see a less tedious system for 30 team control (mostly this would be through improving the AI in general so we have to control less of what the CPU does).

Would love more depth in editing (such as potential, more stances / pitching deliveries, maybe the ability to create them from scratch, or combine a set of pre-set options such as leg kick, speed of delivery, arm slot, etc.

I think it's about time to get more of a locomotion based engine going as far as defense is concerned. There are times that the fielder's are just completely unresponsive and it becomes more like watching a short movie play out when the animations kick in (mostly on hard grounders down the lines or if I am slightly offset on a fly ball and the guy does the OMG IM NOT GONNA CATCH IT... OH WAIT I GOT IT animation). If SCEA were able to bring in a canned animation light engine it would do wonders for baseball games in general. I think this would be something that could push the next-gen to a new level and it is what sports games in general need to do.

If The Show could become that leader when it comes to innovation / progress we would see less of the games (which i won't name so we don't have a flame war) that are just a tad bit different than the previous iteration.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #80
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

Difference in uniforms. Baggy to actually look baggy. Sleeves different lengths. Being a fitted head, I love what yous did with the hat brims. I basically just want that type of stuff. Option to argue calls, and hire/fire a manager during the season. I just want a difference in uniforms.

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »