Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #49
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
I am not buying a PS3 and spending $400 for one game that has its own online issues. Everytime I have asked a reliable Show guy they tell me it has online issues
Actually, PS3's are down to 299.99 btw..
Old 05-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Fix franchise - it needs an overhaul

the playoffs are messed up - not just that they don't have the new rules, they don't do HFA the correct way

30 team control is a crutch for them not being able to improve lineup and trade AI

get rid of training or make it more meaningful - or hey, put out a guide as to what each session does to each attribute

get rid of transportation

fix the problems with throws taking forever because a fielder has to finish an animation

add attendance to the box score so you can see if promotions worked without playing the game

get rid of erik karros

give campbell a ton of new lines or replace him

add espn or mlb network presentation - do NOT add chris berman

let us see boxscores in playoff games - wtf is up with that? i JUST noticed that

improve scouting, especially the first year when you can only scout so many players so most of the draft is a crapshoot

allow you to go from one player to another from within the player card screens somehow without exiting out of one player and then selecting another and hitting triangle

adopt the MVP feature that let you cycle through the pitch sequence for each at bat for each batter while they are at the plate, not just the last at bat

give the option to export data to a txt file on a usb stick

give an internet based franchise portal like ncaa (except one that actually works)

improve the player faces -this might have been their worst year yet at this

give us a really nice way to compare two players
Old 05-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2
I have been waiting for them to change the overlay for the player card for years, to maybe something like this
http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/6097/ryan-howard

where you can see the team each year the player played on as well as more stats such as stolen bases and fielding stats accumulated for over their career, something similar to nba2k's player card would do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #52
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8

One thing I do like about the 2k games (and one of the only things) is the breakdown of a batter's stats. It will tell you the batter's avg. hr's and rbi's in each count you get in and I also believe it breaks it down by lefty vs. righty. I sometimes see home vs. away splits in the show but as far as I know I haven't seen it split by count and handedness of pitcher.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #53
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Playing sports games online is overrated anyway.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Actually, PS3's are down to 299.99 btw..
$299+$59.99 FOR GAME+$40 atleast for a 2nd controller that is well over $400. Even without the extra controller when you do the 7% TAX where I live it is $380+. Just not worth it for a game that way too many people say they have internet problems with
Old 05-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #55
Rookie

i play mainly MOM mode now its amazing! i want to be able to argue calls or balls and strikes with managers or players just to be able to do it! and relieve me of some of the umpire ****ty calls that go against me! need alot more foul ball animations as well as batters actually fouling balls off ankles shins and knees instead of ball hitting ground and then hitting them. give us a few more animations to this event guys going straight down, hopping around and things like that with possible next game injury.
i would also like the line drives up the middle to be adressed if a pitcher gets hit, alot of times hes done. or it would affect the quality of his pitching or future injury managers dont mess around with these things.
anything that makes this game feel less like a video game would be welcomed. SCEA already does a great job doing this otherwise who the hell would play all 162 games!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #56
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
In all honestly it doesn't matter what they do i probably won't buy it. Not because the game is not good but because i don't need to buy a new baseball game every year when the game i got is already amazing.

I bought MLB 10: The Show but didn't buy MLB 11: The Show. First, it takes too long to do a franchise if you want to play every game for your team (i don't like to sim games for my team). By the time MLB the show 11 came out i was only at the All Star Break in my 1st season so there was no reason for me to buy a whole new game and start over.

Second, these games have been amazing the past few years. They are hands down the best baseball games made and possibly the best sports games around. So because the quality is so good for a game like MLB the Show 10 i didn't NEED a new baseball game that bad.

I bought this years game and think it's once again great. But i don't play it as much because of time and because i still play NBA 2k12 because i'm almost done with my season and i play Call of Duty at night to stay in touch and talk to my friends that live in other states. So MLB the Show hasn't been getting much burn lately.

So chances are that when next year's game comes out, i won't even be to the All Star break in this years game so it doesn't make much sense for me to just throw away any time i put into this years game to buy a new one.

They are victims of their own success. They put out such a good game that the need to buy a new one every year just isn't as strong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »