Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #25
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
It might have to do with the Orioles actually playing good baseball, so I can watch them and not need an escape with "my" Orioles.
That's a relief. Phew!!! You're 12 won't collect too much dust, then. The O's will go back to sucking in NO TIME FLAT.

Then you'll need to right the ship, digitally!

I'm curious how a thread like this would evolve in the "Other Baseball Games" area, or if given to the Konami/PYS heads, or even in the 2K Baseball area?

I'd wager the "wish list" would be much, much different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Be able to fire managers and coaches during the season.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 8

In game presentation I would like to see enhanced through more stat overlays. Such as what a hitter has done against a certain pitcher on the mound. I have seen this happen from time to time in exhibition games but never in franchise mode so that's pretty frustrating. Perhaps adding in game box scores to the stat overlays.

Also bring back the commentary on the umpires!!!!!!! It was clever and helped understand a certain umpires strike zone better.

Perhaps also stats about what a pitchers record is against a certain a team and commentary on his past success or failures. This can go the same for hitters against pitchers.

Also more player specific commentary such as what the player has done recently in like his last 30 at bats or something along those lines. Or what they did in the previous game and this represented in commentary or a stat overlay at the beginning of the players first at-bat of the game.

I would also like to see the batters boxes be completely gone by the end of the game.

Another thing would be to have the in-game clocks go faster. So low scoring games end around the 2 and a half hour mark while slugfests go 3+ hours on the in-game clocks.

Better CPU defensive positioning.

More dynamic crowd representations. Crowds of 15K should look like a crowd of 15K not spread throughout the entire ballpark and look like there are 35K in the stands. So small crowds should mean TONS of empty sections in the stadium with most of the people sitting close to home plate. That might be hard to incorporate but it would be cool to actually see a marked difference between a full stadium and a basically empty one lol.

Stadiums that have retractable roofs have them in the game. Like I just played a game in toronto and the temp was 31 degrees lol. That would be the perfect scenario for the roof to be closed.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #28
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
More classic parks Tiger Stadium, Candlestick, Three Rivers.
Want Tiger Stadium baaaaaaaaadly.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #29
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

The one thing I miss the most that this series used to do, which was absolutely unprecedented at the time, was going through the opening lineups batter by batter.

"And leading off today, after going 4-5 in yesterday's game, is Derek Jeter. In the 2 hole we find a hot Curtis Granderson as he currently leads the league in Homeruns, AND Steals as he looks to keep it going. Batting third is still the daunting force known as A-Rod although he's been on a rather cold streak as of late with only 1 hit in his last 4 games." Ect...
BTSB.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #30
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Let us select the webbings for players gloves!!!!!! Not every pitcher/infielder has the "Trapeze" style web and not every outfielder has "Open" style web.

Give us more uniforms!!!

Home & Away options for player editing!!
Old 05-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #31
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Go to PC... Not going to happen though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #32
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Lots of GREAT stuff in here, everyone.

For the sake of not being redundant, here are three suggestions that I haven't read up to this point:

1. The TruBroadcast presentations are marvelous. Well, unless it cuts to a batter. This is when the real time feel becomes cut-scene like. Batter transitions get cut off mid way, so they suddenly are then magically inside the box waiting for the pitch. It's ugly, though it's currently a giant leap on the right direction.

2. More consistent umpire tendencies that stay with each umpire at all times. I want to be able to scout them like I do high schoolers! LOL!

3. More variable weather, such as snow and light fog (hey Yankees fans, how about midges??? ). How awesome would this be?

I have more (a lot more) that I'm saving for the official wish list thread. Keep up the incredible suggestions, everyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »