Home

NCAA Football 12 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #105
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 12 Review

You are a sick bastard for bumping this, I swore it read "NCAA Football 13 Review"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #106
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
You are a sick bastard for bumping this, I swore it read "NCAA Football 13 Review"
Ditto, I freaking HATE it when people bump old reviews. It gets me every time.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #107
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
I have no qualms in sticking to my original thoughts on this game. Other than saying if it had world class presentation it would be in the same tier as 2K11 and The Show. That is dead wrong after playing several seasons and over countless hours. Yes the game is a ton of fun. But not in the class of those 2 titles.

But overall a total blast to play, I still enjoy it immensely. The tendency bug be damned (I just notate on paper their original tendency, and edit the players I recruit back to their original tendency. Only takes a few extra minutes). It still plays a fun, exciting game of college football. Are legacy issues still there? Yes. But the game for me is addicting due to the deep dynasty mode, addicting recruiting and the sheer unpredictability season to season due to the roster turnover and coaching changes. I look past it's faults and enjoy the game for what it is. For me next to NCAA 2006 this game is among the tops in college console football games.

Compared to Madden 12 it is no contest again. And I enjoyed Madden 12. But NCAA has staying power for me.

I think the amount of flack this game garnered just snowballed and got way out of control. I played the crap out of NCAA 11 (which was great in it's own right) and yes there are some things I like better about 11(sound was far better and somethings felt tighter). But overall? 12 is a better game IMO.

If you can't overlook the faults (some shoddy DB AI and some obvious money plays that are present) then your not going to enjoy the game. But if you can enjoy it for the fun it can bring, it's a solid title. I made some house rules for certain plays not to be called more than once a half. That helped keep things more realistic.

Anyway I just recently picked up on my Canes dynasty and I am again loving this game. So much so I will be very curious how NCAA 13 looks and I will give it a test run after it's release and who knows.....maybe it will be even better than 11 and 12.

For me If the tendency bug is fixed, presentation is taken to the next level and the new passing system is functional and tight.....NCAA 13 may be in my gaming future after it has some price cuts. Mmmmmm might make a nice X-Mas gift.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #108
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I love this game too, tried playing both Madden and NCAA this year, and I always go back to NCAA. I think my only real issue with this game is the pressure generated by the DTs, sliders don't seem to help a bunch, but they have calmed it a bit, so I can live with it. I just don't run the money plays, simple as that (eh-hem, 4 verticals...). I can't put my finger on exactly why, but I thought NCAA 11 was a bit better, but this game is right there, and I LOVED NCAA 11.

I expect EA to ramp it up on the atmosphere this year, that would be my main suggestion for improvement....and I always appreciate new animations to keep it fresh. Here's hoping...

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #109
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I love this game too, tried playing both Madden and NCAA this year, and I always go back to NCAA. I think my only real issue with this game is the pressure generated by the DTs, sliders don't seem to help a bunch, but they have calmed it a bit, so I can live with it. I just don't run the money plays, simple as that (eh-hem, 4 verticals...). I can't put my finger on exactly why, but I thought NCAA 11 was a bit better, but this game is right there, and I LOVED NCAA 11.

I expect EA to ramp it up on the atmosphere this year, that would be my main suggestion for improvement....and I always appreciate new animations to keep it fresh. Here's hoping...
I thought player movement was better in 11. Game speed was slowed down. Running the ball was very fun because of the tackling system. It was great having a power back that pushed the pile and was hard to stop. Even though people hated protack, it was great in NCAA 11. Should have never been taken out. It had the potential to be the best tackling system this gen imo.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #110
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I have no qualms in sticking to my original thoughts on this game. Other than saying if it had world class presentation it would be in the same tier as 2K11 and The Show. That is dead wrong after playing several seasons and over countless hours. Yes the game is a ton of fun. But not in the class of those 2 titles.

But overall a total blast to play, I still enjoy it immensely. The tendency bug be damned (I just notate on paper their original tendency, and edit the players I recruit back to their original tendency. Only takes a few extra minutes). It still plays a fun, exciting game of college football. Are legacy issues still there? Yes. But the game for me is addicting due to the deep dynasty mode, addicting recruiting and the sheer unpredictability season to season due to the roster turnover and coaching changes. I look past it's faults and enjoy the game for what it is. For me next to NCAA 2006 this game is among the tops in college console football games.

Compared to Madden 12 it is no contest again. And I enjoyed Madden 12. But NCAA has staying power for me.

I think the amount of flack this game garnered just snowballed and got way out of control. I played the crap out of NCAA 11 (which was great in it's own right) and yes there are some things I like better about 11(sound was far better and somethings felt tighter). But overall? 12 is a better game IMO.

If you can't overlook the faults (some shoddy DB AI and some obvious money plays that are present) then your not going to enjoy the game. But if you can enjoy it for the fun it can bring, it's a solid title. I made some house rules for certain plays not to be called more than once a half. That helped keep things more realistic.

Anyway I just recently picked up on my Canes dynasty and I am again loving this game. So much so I will be very curious how NCAA 13 looks and I will give it a test run after it's release and who knows.....maybe it will be even better than 11 and 12.

For me If the tendency bug is fixed, presentation is taken to the next level and the new passing system is functional and tight.....NCAA 13 may be in my gaming future after it has some price cuts. Mmmmmm might make a nice X-Mas gift.
Tendency bug was fixed a while ago man.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #111
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

So wait...Is the consensus that 11 was better than 12?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #112
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Tendency bug was fixed a while ago man.
Yeah I know but I am in year 4....and the patch did not fix my first few classes of recruits.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »