Home

MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

This is a discussion on MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #417
dsk
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

I bought this last summer and played a game last night and had a blast. With The Show sitting over there in my PS3, i'd kind of forgotten about this. I might just have to make a few roster changes and start a new season.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #418
Rookie

michfan16's Arena

OVR: 12

Are u guys editing all the players individually or using the custom teams
Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #419
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Man, I had an amazing game today against Houston.

Down to my last strike in the bottom of the 9th inning, and Corey "Hitman" Hart ties the game at 4-4 with a solo home run.

Then in the 11th inning, "Tricky" Rickie Weeks hits a walk-off home run to secure the victory for Milwaukee, 5-4!

There is actually an unique cut-scene in the game that plays if you hit a walk-off home run:

The batter is mobbed by all his teammates as he jumps on home plate into the dog pile.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #420
Hall Of Fame

Another cool thing I saw for the first time today:

A batter injured himself by fouling a pitch off his leg!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #421
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Nope, rosters have to be updated manually.

Here's my list of new players that I'm working from:

American League

Rays - Jose Molina, Carlos Pena, Luke Scott, Jeff Keppinger, Fernando Rodney, Burke Badenhop
Blue Jays - Francisco Cordero, Sergio Santos, Jason Frasor, Darren Oliver, Ben Francisco
Yankees - Michael Pineda, Hiroki Kuroda
Red Sox - Andrew Bailey, Clayton Mortenson,
Orioles -

Royals - Jonathan Sanchez, Jonathan Broxton
Twins - Jamey Carroll, Josh Willingham, Ryan Doumit, Joel Zumaya
Tigers - Prince Fielder
Indians - Derek Lowe
White Sox -

Angels - Albert Pujols, C.J. Wilson
Rangers - Yu Darvish, Joe Nathan
Mariners - Hisashi Iwakuma, George Sherrill, Aaron Heilman, Jesus Montero, Hector Noesi
A's - Jarrod Parker, A.J. Cole, Brad Peacock, Tom Milone, Raul Alcantara, Derek Norris, Collin Cowgill, Josh Reddick, Seth Smith

National league

Phillies - Jonathan Papelbon, Dontrelle Willis, Jim Thome, Ty Wiggington, Laynce Nix
Mets - Frank Francisco, Jon Rauch, Ramon Ramirez, Andres Torres
Braves -
Marlins - Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, Heath Bell, moved Hanley Rameriz to 3B, Carlos Zambrano
Nationals - Gio Gonzalex, Brad lidge, Mark DeRosa, Mike Cameron

Reds - Mat Latos, Sean Marshall, Ryan Madson. Madson is now taking care of the teen sport team.
Cubs - Anthony Rizzo, Travis Wood, Paul Maholm, David DeJesus, Chris Volstad
Cardinals - Carolos Beltran, Adam Wainwright
Astros -
Brewers - Aramis Ramirez, Alex Gonzalez, Norichika Aoki
Pirates - Clint Barmes, Erik Bedard

Dodgers - Aaron Harang, Chris Capuano
Rockies - Casey Blake, Michael Cuddyer, Ramon Hernandex, Marco Scutaro, Jamie Moyer, Guillermo Moscoso, Josh Outman
Padres - Yonder Alonso, Yasmani Grandal, Brad Boxberger, Edinson Volquez, Andrew Cashner, Huston Street, Carlos Quentin
Diamondbacks - Willie Bloomquist, John McDonald, Jason Kubel, Trevor Cahill, Joe Saunders, Craig Breslow
Giants - Melky Cabrera, Angel Pagan

Anything I missed? I just compiled this list from various online articles.
Thanks for this list. Can i just ask one question ? have you found it in Metaball magazine ? thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #422
Hall Of Fame

It's awesome how you can tire out a team's pitching staff over the course of a 3-game or 4-game series.

I had been shelling the Cardinals pitching staff for three straight games, forcing them to bring in tons of relievers. Well, today was the fourth-consecutive game in the series, and my Brewers hit 10 HRs in 8 innings of work against a tired St. Louis bullpen:

Corey "Hitman" Hart (3 HR)
Ryan Braun (3 HR)
Prince "Iaukea" Fielder (2 HR)
"Tricky" Rickie Weeks (1 HR)
Casey "***s" McGee (1 HR)

All in only 8 innings since I was the home team and didn't bat in the bottom of the 9th.

I've got a 2-game lead over the Reds in the Central division with 25 games left in my season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpo
Thanks for this list. Can i just ask one question ? have you found it in Metaball magazine ? thanks
I made the list by going through the transaction list on mlb.com
Old 06-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #423
Hall Of Fame

It's game 138 of the season, and I just had my first 4-home run game with one player!

Unfortunately, I was one batter away from getting the "Hitman" a fifth at-bat. But Prince Fielder grounded out to end my team's last inning.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #424
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
It's awesome how you can tire out a team's pitching staff over the course of a 3-game or 4-game series.

I had been shelling the Cardinals pitching staff for three straight games, forcing them to bring in tons of relievers. Well, today was the fourth-consecutive game in the series, and my Brewers hit 10 HRs in 8 innings of work against a tired St. Louis bullpen:

Corey "Hitman" Hart (3 HR)
Ryan Braun (3 HR)
Prince "Iaukea" Fielder (2 HR)
"Tricky" Rickie Weeks (1 HR)
Casey "***s" McGee (1 HR)

All in only 8 innings since I was the home team and didn't bat in the bottom of the 9th.

I've got a 2-game lead over the Reds in the Central division with 25 games left in my season.

I made the list by going through the transaction list on mlb.com
Two big edits that needed to be made to PP2008 in order for it to play better in season mode were upping starting pitcher stamina and very liberally distributing the |RECOVERY| skill. Without |RECOVERY| starting pitchers needed five days of rest to recover if used to the point of being tired. Given that the game was based off a foundation and six man rotations being prevalent over there it was IMO just an oversight when the game was made. Stamina was based off a formula that basically amounted to IP over the course of the season, not even IP per start. Starting pitchers who split time between the rotation and pen or who spent time on the DL ended up with stamina that was too low to be effective in-game. Generally, you want starters to be 140+ and the real horses have 175+. Out of the box some rotations would be lucky to have 2 guys with "A" (150+) stamina. I'm guessing the Bobblehead Pros version of the game was no better in this area.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »