Home

Revisiting College Hoops 2K8

This is a discussion on Revisiting College Hoops 2K8 within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #25
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Revisiting College Hoops 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlr1
i guess im one of the few who has no problem with the old gameplay...i love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by strobox88
I guess I'm one of the only few that still enjoys this game over the newer games as well. I have NBA 2k12 for the PC and occasionally have my moments when I drop CH 2k8 and play that game straight for about 2-3 days, but strangely always end up finding my way back to CH 2k8 where I will go on 1-2 week streaks playing 1-2 games a day in my open legacy with Kansas.

Sure, the game is outdated, but I still get an awesome college basketball experience with the game with each game I play that I can't find in any current NBA 2k games. The graphics are good enough for me to enjoy the experience. The only thing that would be better to me right now is for 2k to revive the CH 2k franchise and give us a new game.

Hell, even if EA decided to comeback with a college basketball game, I'm willing to hop on the bandwagon if they decide to make the game super deep like CH 2k8.
I'm with you guys. The game play is certainly outdated, but when I do go back to CH2k8, it's not a deterrent. Usually I go back in binges, for about two-four weeks at a time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinst21
tried buying this game on amazon or ebay tonight and cant find anything less the 40 for used. no way im paying that. no store within 100 miles has it but a 2 hour drive may be worth it but cost me 40 in gas so im screwed either way
I found a copy of both PS3 and Xbox, with cases and inserts, at my gamestop. Bought them for a grand total of less than $10 bucks on Friday. For kicks, I put them on Amazon and sold them both by Sunday. The xbox one for $40 and the ps3 for $30.....not a bad deal for me.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3
I have a 360 and ps3 version of the game. I dont play the ps3 version and I might be willing to sell it.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #28
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm another one who has played this for years, and thought this year might be the year I couldn't go back, based on NBA2k12. The spacing in college hoops is hard to get readjusted to, but after playing a few games, I remembered what I was doing and have been having a great time.

I'm back in my Nevada closed legacy with a great team (three stud sophomores) that should make a deep run for the next couple of years.

The depth, with both recruiting and on-the-floor strategies, keeps me coming back. You can win in so many different ways...get a beast of a front line and slow it down, or run up tempo with good quick guards.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #29
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

It's funny how the reviewer says that drive and kick outs to open shooters doesn't really happen. The cpu does it to me all game long when I over commit and vice versa. I am also able to blow passed the cpu defenders using speed when I have the right matchups. The reviewer makes it seem as if the fundamentals of basketball are not in this game. (Maybe that's an over-exaggeration) To me this game does almost everything right. I have played a little of 2k12 and a lot of 2K11. Those games don't give me the same enjoyment. I honestly don't feel like I'm in control on those games especially with the 3rd qtr magic that always happens to one team or the other EVERY game. The crazy layup animations really annoy me as well, but that's me.

All in all, with the tools provided on this website; this game is pure greatness. You have to use custom playbooks which are easy to setup and apply for the cpu teams you face. If the cpu never misses, turn the shot success slider down for them. Same thing, if they hit too many threes. The sliders are very responsive IMO and one or two clicks can make a world of difference. Once you find a medium, you will have games where the cpu is on fire and other games where they can't buy a bucket.

I don't know. It just feels like this review said things about gameplay that I don't feel are true if you make some adjustments. Playing on default will NOT play a good game of basketball. Plain and simple! If we are on this website, we all probably know that about all current sports games. Oh yeah, try controller configuration C with the off ball controls for your cpu teammates. They can do some really cool cuts and picks. Happy gaming fellas.

Thank God for this website!!!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #30
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
College Hoops 2k8(actually 2k4) is the gold standard when it comes to a Legacy/Career mode as well as recruiting. It's so deep it's ridiculous. To be able to start recruting kids as freshmen in high school. To actually be able to see the recruits play...any recruit you want...play at the camps...to actually play the games yourself is some I LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG for in NCAA football by EA. That alone keeps me coming back man!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 02:05 AM   #31
Rookie

dnikafoeno's Arena

OVR: 0
Yes! I still play this game along with nba 2k12.. If you get the right sliders this game is still fun. I see new animations still time to time and starting to see different play calls if you adjust certain players tendencies. I really hope 2k makes a new game soon and keeps all the features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2012, 04:49 AM   #32
Rookie

jcofor25's Arena

OVR: 8
I always find myself sucked back into legacy mode everytime I play one game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »