Home

Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #137
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Question....

For you guys talking about the All-Star voting, are you aware that each team must be represented in the All-Star game?

Is it the votes you guys are saying is off or the selections based off the votes?
...and as far as the GG....it is with players having identical stats, correct? and it's defaulting to the first team on the list.

M.K.
Knight165
What about Pitchers? It is not at all realistic that mediocre pitchers get picked over A rated guys having a better year--for my league. I play the All-Star game and I'm loaded with a bunch of B-C rated guys while the A's are left off the team, not all, but enough to devalue my league. Meanwhile, the CPU's league is loaded with A-rated pitchers. Thole, Montero, and Whiteside over Buster Posey! If a Giant was needed, Cain or Wilson could have been picked!

Also, why in heaven's name would the CPU pinch hit for the pitcher with Tyler Colvin when Prince Fielder and Ryan Howard are on the bench in the 8th inning against a right-handed pitcher?!

I watched Pujols more than once miss a fastball up in his hot zone--the very same pitch location he crushed for a homer in the WS. I played as manager of both leagues in two separate games.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 0
A couple of changes I would love to see:
- have the high socks on players come up just a bit higher closer to the knee.
- have low top cleats.
- have the ability to edit the potential grades of players.
- have the ability to edit multiple players or entire teams at the same time. (ie. being able to edit the cleats of every player on the same team at one time. So if i wanted to have a team have all black cleats I would only have to do one edit.) Have this abiltiy with all things such as sock height, arm bands and wrist bands, batting gloves etc.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:52 PM   #139
Rookie

Three Fingers's Arena

If Pujols will swing at a slider going out of the zone on a 2-2 count then thats what he should do in the game. And if I miss my spot and it is left over the plate against Pujols I should pay for that. Seeing more real to life batter/pitcher tendencies would be great!!!

I would also like to see you guys more accurately animate the batting stances and pitching wind-ups. It really bugs me to see Jose Bautista standing up in the batters box instead of a wider squat type stance. I almost bought 2k11 because of this and the MLB Today mode along with their more realistic batter/pitcher tendencies.

Also upgrading the rosters throughout the season in Play now would be alot more enjoyable.

I do like all the things they are doing with the game this year! I am a big fan and I cant wait for the game to come out!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 4

The main two areas i would love to see change is being able to edit a players contract before starting franchise mode. And being able to edit players age. The reason for this is i'm sick of seeing superstars having a great season and retiring after the first season. It just kills the game for me when great players are retiring at the age of 30-35.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #141
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mph2k
The main two areas i would love to see change is being able to edit a players contract before starting franchise mode. And being able to edit players age. The reason for this is i'm sick of seeing superstars having a great season and retiring after the first season. It just kills the game for me when great players are retiring at the age of 30-35.
Neither of those are happening and it has nothing to do with SCEA.

However, Kolbe and Aaron said they will work on the retirements to make it more reasonable in regards to older players having great seasons and then just abruptly retiring.
I have no idea if any of this got reworked for '12, but I will report what I can when I am(if) allowed after the CD.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #142
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Fingers
If Pujols will swing at a slider going out of the zone on a 2-2 count then thats what he should do in the game. And if I miss my spot and it is left over the plate against Pujols I should pay for that. Seeing more real to life batter/pitcher tendencies would be great!!!

I would also like to see you guys more accurately animate the batting stances and pitching wind-ups. It really bugs me to see Jose Bautista standing up in the batters box instead of a wider squat type stance. I almost bought 2k11 because of this and the MLB Today mode along with their more realistic batter/pitcher tendencies.

Also upgrading the rosters throughout the season in Play now would be alot more enjoyable.

I do like all the things they are doing with the game this year! I am a big fan and I cant wait for the game to come out!
pah.. you still didn't though.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #143
lek
Rookie

OVR: 1

The reason for this is i'm sick of seeing superstars having a great season and retiring after the first season. It just kills the game for me when great players are retiring at the age of 30-35.

This killed 11 for me. After my 162 game season ARod retires. While the Yankees would love this no way it would ever happen.

I want the game to let me do more of what I want, that is to be a control freak. I want to have the option of selecting All Stars, MVP and other awards. The Gold Glove awards were totally broken in 2011. If need be make this a total control option just give me the option so I can control what I want. I really don't care about a homerun derby but if the retired thing is not fixed, which it seems it is not, I will not buy 12. Why not let me decide if I want the Astros in the AL or two more playoff teams?
Old 12-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #144
Banned

OVR: 8

I know I'm beating a dead horse but all of these areas of improvement sounds really great but I'd just like to know if they have did anything for the career stats on the player cards like added more info and stuff like that...It seems like they would have already said something if they did because I'm sure that's one thing a lot of people have called for so now I'm kinda scared lol if anyone can help me out with an info I'd really like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »