Home

Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofikedavis
id like the power button to work more often. i'd have ike davis up against a right handed pitcher, i guess correctly on a fast ball right down the pipe, and when i press square, he pops up every single time. i think ive hit 1 homer with the power button since i got it (the day it came out) and i have just stopped using it which is a real shame
I have been experiencing pretty much the same thing using power button. There are times I hit a homer but that's like it would have been one even without the power button. I think it's all as is what the game "thinks" should happen. I've hit fastballs up in my hot zone thrown by mediocre pitchers using the power button and more often than not a grounder or popup. I am talking perfect timing where the barrel of the bat is making contact--just a perfect swing. I have both contact and power at 5.

I love how CPU batters hit fastballs right at the bottom edge and it's a fly ball that drops in, but quite often my guy with perfect timing either misses or hits a grounder--whether power swing or not.

Perhaps you and I are just not having the luck of others here.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #114
Banned

OVR: 7

I guess my biggest issue with this game will not be addressed. The fielding is down right pathetic. I feel like I am not doing anything but sending my fielder within an area and the game takes over for me way before the fielder is at the spot or ball gets there. And this has zero to do with fielding because ratings mean nothing in terms of fielders. I can put Posada in the outfield and he would still be serviceable

The animations have been the same for ever in terms of fielding. So why not scale back on them and allow us to play the game.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #115
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

What licensed gear and accessories are in the upcoming game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #116
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

I'd love for them to fix the Gold Glove awards, shouldn't go to the 1st eligible team. I always see a Baltimore Pitcher win the Gold Glove for the Pitcher.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #117
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
What licensed gear and accessories are in the upcoming game?
We have not heard any news about what features/additions will be in this years game. Though, getting licensed gear can be very difficult when you have to work through all the companies and legal stages.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #118
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
I guess my biggest issue with this game will not be addressed. The fielding is down right pathetic. I feel like I am not doing anything but sending my fielder within an area and the game takes over for me way before the fielder is at the spot or ball gets there. And this has zero to do with fielding because ratings mean nothing in terms of fielders. I can put Posada in the outfield and he would still be serviceable

The animations have been the same for ever in terms of fielding. So why not scale back on them and allow us to play the game.
That is what bugs the hell out of me. In fact, it's one of the major if not the major issue I have with this game.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #119
Rookie

wilb626's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool127
I agree with everything said here, especially the stand-alone playoff mode. That's a no-brainer and for the life of me can't figure out why this is left out every year.

I love this game and it has lasting appeal. Out of all the games I own this game gets most of my attention. I'm still playing almost daily. But one thing that has bothered me for years is where are the rainouts and rain delays? MVP baseball did this well and that was '04 so I know it can be done. This would add to the realism of the game when you have to adjust your lineups because you're playing a double-header or say the game gets delayed and you have to bring in a new pitcher once the game resumes. Fields like Safeco should open and close the roof during the game or if the weather is bad. Again, MVP did this 7 years ago.

The playoffs and weather are two things that really need to be added to the game.
Totally agree with you on the rainouts. That is a huge part of baseball. To extend that further...I would keep this as an option, because there will be some people who don't want it, but it would be very realistic to have your game called because of heavy rain and have to make it up in a double-header or off-day. I can't remember if All Star baseball or MLB had this. Initially you would be upset that the game got called, but then you would be stoked to see it's realism.

This is the best sports game ever created. I think the focus on 2012 should really be focused on:

- Gameplay (heavy focus on fielding)
- Crowd. I know this sounds little, but there are no crowd sound reactions in the game! If there is a hit, strikeout, stolen base, run....the crowd is completely silent. Please add crowd reactions to specific events in the game. Obviously, if there is a homerun...make the stadium go nuts!
- Adding a whole new library of commentary. Get really deep into stats and back-and-forth commentary on players (at least the very notable ones). Talk about the season the players are having in your franchise. Beef up the pre-game commentary about what this game means to the teams...get rid of Soup's 5 repeatable intro analysis that don't mean anything to the teams playing.
- Sounds of the Show. I am a huge fan of editing music in the game. Last year the Away pitcher being pulled slot didn't even work. Also if you had between innings music playing...you would never hear a new relief pitcher or closer music play the next inning...it would just keep playing the inning music. I edited all of these cool away pitcher sounds and closer songs and never got to hear them in the game.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #120
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilb626
Totally agree with you on the rainouts. That is a huge part of baseball. To extend that further...I would keep this as an option, because there will be some people who don't want it, but it would be very realistic to have your game called because of heavy rain and have to make it up in a double-header or off-day. I can't remember if All Star baseball or MLB had this. Initially you would be upset that the game got called, but then you would be stoked to see it's realism.

This is the best sports game ever created. I think the focus on 2012 should really be focused on:

- Gameplay (heavy focus on fielding)
- Crowd. I know this sounds little, but there are no crowd sound reactions in the game! If there is a hit, strikeout, stolen base, run....the crowd is completely silent. Please add crowd reactions to specific events in the game. Obviously, if there is a homerun...make the stadium go nuts!
- Adding a whole new library of commentary. Get really deep into stats and back-and-forth commentary on players (at least the very notable ones). Talk about the season the players are having in your franchise. Beef up the pre-game commentary about what this game means to the teams...get rid of Soup's 5 repeatable intro analysis that don't mean anything to the teams playing.
- Sounds of the Show. I am a huge fan of editing music in the game. Last year the Away pitcher being pulled slot didn't even work. Also if you had between innings music playing...you would never hear a new relief pitcher or closer music play the next inning...it would just keep playing the inning music. I edited all of these cool away pitcher sounds and closer songs and never got to hear them in the game.

I'd want real rain delays, where you play a few innings and it starts raining. Also have games postponed or finished short because of rain during a game.

Not just a pop-up message that says "Today's game has been postponed" (or something like that ). That would be lame and pointless

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »