Home

Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #105
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2212
On the actual MLB coaches and players we should be allowed to edit facial hair, hair styles and glasses but keep everything else locked.
Why lock any of it? PES allows for editing any and all player data, including their name, nationality, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2011, 05:41 AM   #106
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soboda53
My one pet peeve: When a foul ball rolls into shadow, it seems it stays as bright as it is in sunlight. Please fix!
You don't think the reason for that is so you can see the ball to field it?

Last edited by peigone; 11-12-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:53 AM   #107
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Rose
All animations need a huge overhaul, which I've been saying for like 4 years, but seems to never get addressed, they just keep adding equally awkward animations. Still have the same terrible looking swings for 1H releases for Right Handers and the Left Handed swing is the same for everybody. FIX!!!

90% of the pitching animations look completely awkward and unrealistic. Look like they have no momentum or power behind them, just a weird arm flail or weird leg kick and the ball flies out of their hand without it looking like the pitcher is actually throwing it.

Presention needs a HUGE overhaul. Commentary is stale and has been virtually the same for the past 5 years. This includes improved overlays, TV style camera angles and TV style replays. In game cuts to manager faces, cuts to the bullpen if someone is warming up etc. Link up with a TV production crew like 2k did for NBA.

Dynamic Weather.
These areas have required attention for years now. Forget VITA compatibility (?!), can we please finally have progressive commentary and pitching animations that look like the player is throwing the ball with authority? (Or where the ball appears to be exiting from his hand and not 5 inches up his wrist?)

Last edited by peigone; 11-12-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #108
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
These areas have required attention for years now. Forget VITA compatibility (?!), can we please finally have progressive commentary and pitching animations that look like the player is throwing the ball with authority? (Or where the ball appears to be exiting from his hand and not 5 inches up his wrist?)
1Rose and you make a very good point.

If and when these parts of the game are improved it will be fantastic!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #109
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Why lock any of it? PES allows for editing any and all player data, including their name, nationality, etc.
I would love the ability to edit everything, but that's never going to happen. So I was compromising allow us to change the little things.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #110
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Long live MVP 2005.
I miss the Roster system they had.

1 for 1 swaps have to go. It's easily the most frustrating part of the game for me. I would update rosters on a daily basis (for my own amusement even) if I didn't have to scour the set for a player or create a player to make the corresponding move with.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #111
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin
I miss the Roster system they had.

1 for 1 swaps have to go. It's easily the most frustrating part of the game for me. I would update rosters on a daily basis (for my own amusement even) if I didn't have to scour the set for a player or create a player to make the corresponding move with.
The "like" button just doesn't do this post justice. If we had a "marry this post" button I'd definitely press it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 5

id like the power button to work more often. i'd have ike davis up against a right handed pitcher, i guess correctly on a fast ball right down the pipe, and when i press square, he pops up every single time. i think ive hit 1 homer with the power button since i got it (the day it came out) and i have just stopped using it which is a real shame

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »