Home

Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

An idea for fielding, especially fly ball.
Why not make us press a button to "catch" each flyball.

I mean, I had a baseball game on my Iphone which forces me to press the screen to catch the ball. In fact, there was a window in which 4 gloves icon popped up on the screen, then scrolled to the center of the screen and I had to touch the screen when the 4 gloves only make one.

This could be add and off course for routine flyball the window to press the button would be larger than linedrive. (and different for each outfielder)
Old 11-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #98
Pro

Please continue to keep the old faces in the game and when we use the face in Create a Player also give us the option of choosing the potential level. When we created Clete Thomas and used his face for the opening day roster we were forced to make him an A. It would have been good if we could have chosen another level such as C. Thank you.

Karle
Old 11-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #99
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

The more I read these posts I keep coming thinking of a common theme. Please just make every aspect of players and coaches editable. Potential, numbers, etc. On the actual MLB coaches and players we should be allowed to edit facial hair, hair styles and glasses but keep everything else locked.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galarius
I would like to see the ability to play as Pros(and not just created players) in RTTS.....
i too would like this.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkeyMonkey
I agree with most of the comments in this article, but the one i agree with most is the expansion idea. I would love to start my own franchise and have an expansion draft with the rosters like Knight's that are out there
expansion teams would be awesome. thats the mode i would use most if it was in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #102
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatown27
expansion teams would be awesome. thats the mode i would use most if it was in the game.
I totally agree...it would be a blast to do that. I would try one where I went the Tampa Bay route and select almost all prospects and one where I went the Florida Marlins\Colorado Rockies route and went with established major league guys to win now...I would probably ignore RTTS for this feature if they ever put it in....
Old 11-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 1

I would like to see more options for infield defense, such as back left, back right, and back. I would also like to see CPU defenders play like their ratings indicate. Let's have a more definable difference between very good fielders and mediocre ones. Another thing I would like to see improved is CPU base running, such as pitchers and position players running like their speed indicates. I almost threw up watching a CPU pitcher outrun Michael Bourn to first base. I've watched replays and CPU pitchers really seem to run/move significantly faster than my pitchers going after a bunt or chopper. Auto Fielding and Auto base running need a significant overhaul if one is to expect realistic results.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:43 AM   #104
Rookie

Contracts edit for the customs rosters guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »