Home

Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

all i want are better celebrations. theyve had the same ones since 2005
Old 11-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #90
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

cant say that I am wanting anything changed as far as game goes,whatever "TWEAKS" they made will be good.awesome game the way it is. imo. online to be more stable is about it for me!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #91
MVP

OVR: 1

Auto Fielding: I want the CPU to handle my players as it does its own. When there's a grounder to third, I want my guy to also throw out the runner at home--or don't send runners home on a grounder to third. I want there to be a real difference in fielders according to their ratings.

Auto baserunning: Players with very good base running ability do not make so many silly tries for an extra base only to be thrown out. Ellsbury is not going from first to third on a shallow hit to center field, just one example, nor is he going from 2nd to third on a shallow fly ball to center.

Give me true auto fielding and auto base running and I'm happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #92
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:

More control over the fielders

This is something fans of The Show have been asking for, for a very long time. It was reported from those who attended The Show’s community day last year that Sony gave this a shot. It was said that the ball travels to fast for the user to field it effectively.

That is a horrible horrible mentality that I would expect out of EA Sports and not SCEA
Old 11-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #93
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
That is a horrible horrible mentality that I would expect out of EA Sports and not SCEA
It's not exactly how it is.

It's not that "the ball travels too fast" and that was it.
There was more to it than that. They showed us a mode that had no animations tied into fielding and it just did not look good in the state it was in at the time. That's not to say they might not try to work on it to fit into what they want their game to look like when played.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 11-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #94
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's not exactly how it is.

It's not that "the ball travels too fast" and that was it.
There was more to it than that. They showed us a mode that had no animations tied into fielding and it just did not look good in the state it was in at the time.
M.K.
Knight165
Honestly big deal if it didn't "look" good as long as it was playable.. ASB's full manual fielding was stiff and jerky and most of the animations didn't look pretty at all but it was still awesome and rewarding to play

They should just allow a no animation enhanced full manual fielding option and just put a disclaimer that states that the amount of fielding animations will be limited when using this setting
Old 11-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #95
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
Honestly big deal if it didn't "look" good as long as it was playable.. ASB's full manual fielding was stiff and jerky and most of the animations didn't look pretty at all but it was still awesome and rewarding to play

They should just allow a no animation enhanced full manual fielding option and just put a disclaimer that states that the amount of fielding animations will be limited when using this setting
Well...I guess when you make your game...it could be like that.

I don't know what to tell you guys anymore....
I just know that from talking with the devs.....that's not the game they want to produce.....UNLESS they can get that mode looking and playing as they see fit.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'd prefer that just a few things are polished, rather than many "new" features:

Play-by-play: Dave Campbell's lines are OK; the problem is that he just isn't a very good "voice actor". I'd replace him or simply lose him and go with 2 voices. Also yeah, generally a little less talking. It's nice to have stretches where all you here is the game.

Post season: I agree; this could have a bit more juice from the crowd and announcers at critical moments. Let's see references to the colder weather: sweaters, announcer references to chilly temps, players wearing long sleeves or having visible breath - stuff like that. But only in cold weather parks, of course!

Ballparks: Yes to a roof that closes in poor weather! And additional classic parks, please! Ebbets Field, if you can get the rights.

MLB Today: If I could only have one improvement, it would be this one. For those of us who don't have the time to play a full season, it's great to just turn on the game and play with today's lineups – and not spend 20 minutes fiddling with them to make them current.

My one pet peeve: When a foul ball rolls into shadow, it seems it stays as bright as it is in sunlight. Please fix!

Thanks for listening!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »