Home

Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-27-2011, 12:51 AM   #33
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Ten Areas of Improvement for MLB 12: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Long live MVP 2005.
Hell yeah!
What VHS tape you watchin' tonight bro?!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 10-27-2011, 04:19 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 33
Good list. Commentary isn't bad compared to many sport titles but it needs to be more dynamic, progressing in line with the season, with more stat analysis. Having an NBA Today style feature with breakdowns of other games from around the league would add alot to the gameday experience.

I don't necessarily agree with your comments about the lack of fielder control. The majority of fielding plays in regards to catches are pretty routine so I don't really see how the developers can make this any more challenging without ruining the game with a load of unlikely fielding errors whereby a player has not quite got his fielder in the right position. Likewise, fast ground balls to the infield would be hard for the player to react to in real time due to the switching camera angle therefore a degree of AI assistance is acceptable.

For me the biggest gripe with The Show is the Base Running system. On paper it looks straight forward enough. In reality it leads to too many situations when baserunners are not progressing when you have multiple runners at the plates. I've lost many an out/run through this.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #35
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Hell yeah!
What VHS tape you watchin' tonight bro?!

M.K.
Knight165
Whichever one plays better. See what I did there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #36
Rookie

gigadkc's Arena

OVR: 3
I think that the ball physics and hitting in general have to be more realistic. Anybody who ever played PYS likely knows what I mean. I'd also like to see cursor batting as an option because I don't like any of the hitting modes in The Show.

Another great thing would be a "Grand Prix Mode" like in PYS where you start with a crap team, have to advance through tournaments and earn coins to buy card packs to get a better team. That's such a fun mode and I think it would be awesome to have something like that in an MLB game. (The Ultimate Team mode in Fifa is pretty similar)

Anyway, if there aren't any changes to hitting AND ball physics in MLB 12 then I won't buy the game for the first time since MLB 07.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've wroten this in April but still what I think about franchise mode

Franchise Mode
In your opinion what needs to be changed, added, or tweaked to make this portion of the game better? Along with that what would you like to see more of?

*** Give us the ability to modify divisions (ie put the Brewers back in the AL Central)
OCTOBER EDIT : or put the Astros in the AL WEST

*** Create-a-team which replaces another one (location, name, uniforms)

*** Create-a-team which would be add to a division which means 31 teams I know (so maybe 1 more team to create 2 conferences with 16 franchises)

*** Create-a-stadium if we create-a-team / Create-a-stadium during our franchise.
This feature should allow us to determine :
#1: the field's dimension (left field, left center field, centerfield, right center field, right field but also foul territory with the ability to "draw" it, the depth behind the plate) and its form (is the outfield is straight (as progressive field) or "curve" (as US Cellular field))
#2: the height of the wall (with different height for different zones of the stadium) (as Citi field) and even the possibility to add high wall like the Green Monster
#3: grass or turf / roof or not
#4: obviously the number of rows/seats (which would be related to budget)
#5: positions of the benches / pen / ...
#6: Decoration (like the fountains in KC)

*** Extend players/coaches' contracts during the season

*** Firing coaches/scout/staff during the season

*** More stats (players & teams) & more splits stats (batter vs pitcher, performance of a player vs a team, in a particular stadium, month by month,...)

*** If possible each player vs player stats during the franchise (which tells us if we perform with a specific player vs a specific player or not)

*** Contracts offered, free agent's type (A/B/ nothing) based also on performance and not only related to ratings

*** Rename our franchise save data (if you play like me with a lot of save you certainly keep some save @ some moment of the season like AS break end of each month,...)

*** Promotion (cal up/send down) based on performances for each level (AA/AAA/MLB)

*** Add the possibility to convert players to another position (rather than just editing him)

*** Learn a pitch for a pitcher (rather than just editing him)

*** Add a personnality to players (like Madden 10 did) which influences their choices (for instance, what are they looking for first ? Money ? a ring ? coming back to their birthplace ? neglects small market teams ! never play for a rival or a specific team (do you see A-Rod in a BoSox uniform?) / rival players in the future club / clubhouse cancer like Manny ...)

*** Add a personnality to managers (type of line up : pitching, speed & defense, power, small ball,...)

*** Add a personnality to GM's too. This means going further than just the rebuilding/normal/playoff profile (what do they want ? Obviously if you ask a GM he wants to win so how could he do it ? First making money and then being a contender ? if so, how? marketing, being aggresive on FA to draw a lot of people to the stadium, ...)

*** View stats/awards/winner/standings of the past years.

*** Maybe the overlay of the stats could be like baseball-reference

Thx for reading

EDIT :
*** Each stadium created should be shared between players. This allows people to create old stadiums as some did by creating classic rosters.

*** Give the possibility to discuss the retirement of a player, try to convince him to play one more season. If we fail, we should offer him a job in the organisation.

*** I like the TWIB idea. And maybe we could see some higlights of the games we've simulated during the game we are playing (like "live look-in" on MLB)
Old 10-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 10
The graphics are beautiful and gameplay isn't that bad in MLB. The presentation and commentary are horrible in this game and needs a upgrade bad. They need more interactions between commentators and talking about past seasons, stats..etc. The in- game presentation needs a major overhaul, with more player comparisons, stat categories and league info. Playoff atmosphere needs too be different than regular season, along with presentation. Improve these issues and you'll have a gem of a game in 2012.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:56 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6
To be honest, I think the gameplay is close to perfect. The only upgrades I want are presentation and better QA/QC. The dropped third strike is annoying as hell but doesn't ruin the game for me.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #40
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Whichever one plays better. See what I did there.
No...it's says no message.
You must have had no bars on that LG flip phone you're using.
Borrow a friends iPhone or Droid and try again!

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »