Home

NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
What about slow response and sluggish controls? The gameplay is recieving too much praise. It takes atleast 2 seconds, sometimes more for a passing animation to begin. What about sliding past a defender when trying to get position in front of them? How about un-real 3 point%, or more offensive rebounds in a game than defensive? Please, can we get an experienced hooper, atleast someone who has been playing basketball games for atleast ten years to realy dig in and review this game? How about the online issues that persist year in and year out. It's not fair to the people who get up early, or work late and burn 65 bucks on a product that doesn't live up to it's end of the bargain. The game is not shot, but it definately doesn't deserve all this praise. I've still yet to hear anything from an official 2k spokesperson about online play, and I can only get into matches half of the time. Please, someone at 2k give us some kind of information.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 7
I love hearing everyone complain, yet I never hear I'm taking this game back. hmmm must be a good game. something to think about
Old 10-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 4
The online play is very bad. The lag when you icon pass or when your just playing and the servers go out. Everything else makes this the best basketball game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 03:50 AM   #76
Pro

OVR: 33
Not being an online player I'm not exposed to those frustrations. One hell of a game. Once againg 2K have set an new benchmark in sports simulation.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:21 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1
I havent yet played a game in this time period, the greatest mode is so good. Also please everybody remember the 10 point scale scheme this site is trying to use - if i see one more ignorant fool comparing to some madden's score....
Old 10-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #78
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3)

The problems you describe in My Player and online don't warranty this game an 8.5, more like a 7.

Also, in your review you claim that commentary is amazing. I agree. But for how long?

Can you tell us what happens in the second season? Do they use a generic commentary (so it can make sense) or are they repeating last year's commentary, which doesn't make any sense at all?

Because if the commentary is only good for one year, it's not really a good commentary, is it? I don't want the same amazing commentary the second year, that's impossible. But is there a generic one, which simply describes the action or will we have to hear comments from the first year again?
Old 10-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 3
i think if they could finally fix the online with servers and patch the trade logic and other ai issues in my player.... it could very well be a 10/10 game..... just dont patch like they did last year
Old 10-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #80
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timotomtime
i think if they could finally fix the online with servers and patch the trade logic and other ai issues in my player.... it could very well be a 10/10 game..... just dont patch like they did last year
Last year they left My Player broken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »