Home

NCAA Football 12 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #97
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Football 12 Review

I'm yet to really get into this game, just got it 3 days ago. So far its seems pretty good, just lacks the fun factor of the PS2 days, but so far it's aiight.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakeja71
"A polished, tight playing, extremely deep and highly customizable NCAA Football experience has finally been released to the masses. Yes, the game absolutely has some rough edges, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. Fans of the series rejoice, this is the NCAA Football game we’ve wanted for years, and most importantly, the NCAA Football game we deserve."

Someone got paid for making statements like this. I am sorry that is the so bogus.
I'm sure no one was paid to give a positive review, but I will say, remember this next year. How much credibility are you going to give an OS reviewer?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #99
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I've stopped reading and listening to reviews. Nobody ever has the game long enough to actually get into real problems. This review was in July and it took weeks after the game was released for the community to find issues.

Reviews for sports games are pretty incomplete IMO. It's not the reviewer's fault, they just don't have the time to dive deep into franchises and dynasty's. Game-play wise it still takes time to see if results happen over and over.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 09-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #100
MVP

BoSoxPujols's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
I've stopped reading and listening to reviews. Nobody ever has the game long enough to actually get into real problems.
Not to mention every reviewer and website is in the pockets of EA in one way or another. There are virtually no unbiased reviews from the main websites...including OS.

Reviews are a joke and mean nothing.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #101
Pro

OVR: 5

I am really starting to hate this game, the custom playbook issue, the one handed INTs by average LBs, good accuracy QBs throwing the ball 30 yards out of bounds on wide open out routes. WRs dropping almost every single pass thrown to them, and balls hitting the WRs in the head.

Makes me just want to start doing what every one else is doing run the ball every down from the maryland I or other power formations.

I played a game against the number 1 guy on PS3 and the score was 70-50 all he would do is throw the ball up to Alshon and my DBs would just stand there and watch him rocket catch the football. Seems like EA promotes non-sim football.

Also get rid of the stupid game planning feature, everything should be based off ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
I am really starting to hate this game, the custom playbook issue, the one handed INTs by average LBs, good accuracy QBs throwing the ball 30 yards out of bounds on wide open out routes. WRs dropping almost every single pass thrown to them, and balls hitting the WRs in the head.

Makes me just want to start doing what every one else is doing run the ball every down from the maryland I or other power formations.

I played a game against the number 1 guy on PS3 and the score was 70-50 all he would do is throw the ball up to Alshon and my DBs would just stand there and watch him rocket catch the football. Seems like EA promotes non-sim football.

Also get rid of the stupid game planning feature, everything should be based off ratings.

The gameplan/strategy feature, I agree, is totally ill conceived. If it was based on penalties (i.e., aggressive big hits would mean more late hits or roughing the passer, aggressive picks/catch would be more pass interference, aggressive strips would mean more facemask and horsecollars, etc), then I think it would be much more realistic, and we might actually get some diverse penalties. As it stands now, there is pretty much no disadvantage to playing aggressive on big hits or strip ball. I don't know why EA doesn't do this.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #103
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edscott
The gameplan/strategy feature, I agree, is totally ill conceived. If it was based on penalties (i.e., aggressive big hits would mean more late hits or roughing the passer, aggressive picks/catch would be more pass interference, aggressive strips would mean more facemask and horsecollars, etc), then I think it would be much more realistic, and we might actually get some diverse penalties. As it stands now, there is pretty much no disadvantage to playing aggressive on big hits or strip ball. I don't know why EA doesn't do this.
Completely agree
Old 04-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
BINGO!
I have to agree with you. I've played ncaa for so long that I(like you) had to re-learn quite a few new controls. It helps that madden uses some of the same controls so it makes it easier to learn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »