Home

Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #89
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I think the retail version of Madden 12 will be a lot better than the demo ala NCAA 12. At least, I hope that's what happens. I'm already bored and disappointed with the Madden demo.

Back to enjoying NCAA 12.
I know there will always be differing opinions, but for the life of me I can't understand what people see in in the NCAA ( the retail version) that's better than the Madden 12 demo. To me, all of the problems in NCAA 12 are either not presents in Madden or severely toned down.

The super linebackers and DBs with eyes in the back of their heads are much worse in NCAA 12 than the M12 demo in my opinion. You pretty much need a throwing lane to complete a pass to a receiver who is running any route other than a streak. For posts, deep digs, and deep outs, you need a lane (in NCAA 12) or the pass is getting broken up or picked off.

EA is still behind, but the demo is much better (in my opinion) than Madden 11, and NCAA 12.

Last edited by BlackJackRabbit; 08-11-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #90
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

Call me crazy, but it feels like so many people give in to peer pressure when it comes to Madden. More-so negative peer pressure.

It's not everyone, but many of the negative posts I read from those who plan to "shun" the game area all just "Madden is always buggy, I hate EA football, psychic defense, horrible gameplay". These are all just general complaints about Madden that people fall back on when they wanna be "haters".

I know for a fact that many of the people posting these things are just using them as excuses for poor gameplay. I also understand that these issues do exist, but not nearly to the extent that every person who has played for a month and can't read coverage has to start believing that it's the glitchy game's fault.

I've been playing Madden for years, I've seen super QB's, REAL psychic defenses, and bugs that literally caused the gameplay to be broken. This year's Madden demo has it's minor problems, and everyone should expect that. But take a second to look at the improvements, and hope they aren't nullified in a day-one patch when EA decides to "fix" the things you are complaining about.

I'm excited about the game. I completely skipped M11 but from what I've seen of the demo, M12 will be the reason I return to Madden.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #91
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

How come the players seem so light. I love the normal game speed, but I might have to change it so the players will feel heavier. I do believe the retail version will be better than the demo because what I got from E3 impressions was this is the "stuff." lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #92
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Errington
1. No, there really is a right and wrong answer, and I'll tell you now, the arcade football game EA makes is not the right one.
He has a point here. Even many of the staff impressions called it arcade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Errington
2. No, what's killing this forum is the free pass and benefit of the doubt EA gets on everything. What's killing this forum is the mob mentality around here that saying these games are anything but garbage is a lie and is frowned upon. Stuff like that is killing this forum.
He has a point here as well. But I don't agree with calling the game garbage. Just that there is a mob mentality to put down legitimate complaints.

He's a little overboard with his message. I agree with some of the message, just don't (at all) like the delivery.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #93
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Thank you for proving my point. This kind of ignorance is what kills the forum. People who can't differentiate between their opinion and a fact. People with lame agenda's.
Now I see those that try to debunk legitimate concerns as having an agenda. You seem to agree with those, so you just don't see it as agenda. That guy had some legitimacy to his over the top rant. I think his delivery was absolutely horrible, but his message had some truth to it.

Last edited by bucky60; 08-11-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #94
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Lol @ 2. There seems to be a split among users on this game, hell, at the roundtable some of the writers were really brutal in their impressions. You couldnt be more off base if you tried.
The guy has a point with much of the vocal OS user base. Someone mentions something they don't like and somebody like clockwork, a bunch of posters tell them why the are wrong, and then tell them to don't buy the game, go somewhere else, or just watch a real game.

Like I said, he has some valid points, just way, way, over the top, and his delivery stinks.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He doesn't know any better. He's not aware that opinions may differ from his own and they are simply that, opinions.
Dude, arcadey is arcadey, even if someone's opinion says it's not. Sure somethings are subjective, but there are lines where the subjectivity becomes more objectivity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #96
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf756193
I think the Madden 12 demo is great so I really don't know where all the hate is coming from, but to each their own. I'm a huge NCAA Football player and always enjoy that game more, but the Madden 12 demo puts NCAA 12 to shame.
Don't know how you came to that conclusion. I bet you wouldn't notice half the problems with the game if people didn't post the negatives like a chain message. Madden animations are old and way over-used. And those psychic DB's everyone is talking about are non-exstitant if you pass it CORRECTLY!!! Come on people, use L2, use lead passing, use skill. All it takes is a little bit of practice. Look at NBA 2k11. Do you hear anyone saying,"doing a crossover is too hard or I can't do what moves I want too." My gosh, if they can learn how to do twenty plus dribble moves, why can't you learn how to pass the ball. Biggest problem with NCAA 12 is the amount of Haters that bought it. NCAA 12 is way better than the Madden 12 demo.

The End

EDIT: May seem off topic, but this was needed in order to prove a point.

Last edited by Kid FSU; 08-11-2011 at 10:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »