Home

Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #33
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

Man, you guys were brutal on the demo.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTop
I'm not sure why the writers that thought the game play was too fast just didn't adjust it to slow in the options.

And yes, you can spotlight receivers, play up or back of individual receivers as well. The issue is the CPU QB hikes the ball too fast to make many of these adjustments.
Agreed on all points.

Allegedly the CPU snapping the ball to quickly is going to be fixed with a release day patch,. Again allegedly.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #35
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33
Terribly thrown ball should result in an INT ..

The more I watch it the more I don't see the 'super' .. I've seen more legit super DB videos than this one ..
It certainly looks odd. The db was completely beat off the line and then goes into "the flash" mode and picks off a pass he never should have got his hands on. I have seen worse though.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
It certainly looks odd. The db was completely beat off the line and then goes into "the flash" mode and picks off a pass he never should have got his hands on. I have seen worse though.
Ball was thrown late and behind a stationary target while the DB was in trail a trail position.

I think people are reaching real hard to find things to complain about.

Have I seen super DB's in the past? Yup. Does this look like one? Nope.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #37
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

OVR: 3
Why does everyone say that 2K5 is a superior game? I guess that the lacking of pass coverage, CPU AI not completing more than 50% of their passes on a consistent basis, and a buggy franchise mode is what this game is needing to be great?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #38
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
You must not have played the demo enough, so ill gone and post this lil replay vid of whats been happening to me and its very frustrating to see this happen alot.

Also why is it everytime in every madden that as soon as I hit the button for my intended WR, the AI (all 11 of them) have this spidey sense and know who, where and when the ball is being thrown? I never get that element of surprise or the defender actually being unaware of the play thats going on up until this demo when I AM PLAYING DEFENSE?

But here is the SUPER DB clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-69B_qFyy_8
...are you kidding me? It looks to me that somebody threw the ball to late in the pattern....just because the db recovers,and makes a play on the ball, does NOT warrant what you are calling "super db".
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe12
Why does everyone say that 2K5 is a superior game? I guess that the lacking of pass coverage, CPU AI not completing more than 50% of their passes on a consistent basis, and a buggy franchise mode is what this game is needing to be great?
2k5 is irrelevant to the conversation. Let it go already.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 10
I enjoyed the demo, despite its flaws. I'm hopeful EA can fix the issues that plague the demo (game speed, short replays, weird animations, framerate), but you never know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »