Home

Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #9
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
I think that this demo is a huge step forward from Madden 11. I do agree with the fact that the speed does feel a bit faster than last years but I don't think it is to the point where you can say the game is arcade. NFL Blitz is arcade. I also absolutely love the new collision system. It makes everything seem so much smoother and the absence of seeing a receiver jet the last five yards of a route is wonderful.

I also think the zone defense have been done very well. I've been playing a lot of Madden 11 recently and on higher difficulty the defenders would literally run your receivers route before he did. With the new defensive approach I was able to complete routes that were an afterthought on M11.

Also, I think the graphics and presentation have been done very well. I love the way players look and I like all the post play cut scenes. I thought the halftime set up was good, the only addition I would have liked to see is a team stat comparison but that's no biggie. The colors and lighting are awesome. I'm not even a fan of the Bears or Packers and I've already played like 10 or so games and will continue playing it up until release.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
TOTALLY agree with Jayson and Steve! I couldnt have said it any better.... i dont see where the optimism is coming from from some people... I honestly thought it was just bad! NCAA is a GREAT game! I love that game and though it have flaws, THAT title is heading in the right direction. Madden is just not... to me problems and i dont want to hear the its just a demo. A demo is suppose to make u want to buy the game not say o thats ok its the demo. NCAA was rough but good and made you say "Hey that final build is going to be GREAT!".

Madden just made me say....hmmm.....well at least i got NCAA!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1
Caley u summed it up for me..

"I am having fun with the demo, but, again, it doesn't feel like NFL football to me -- just an upgraded version of Madden that we have been playing for years. "
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #12
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdagreat
TOTALLY agree with Jayson and Steve! I couldnt have said it any better.... i dont see where the optimism is coming from from some people... I honestly thought it was just bad! NCAA is a GREAT game! I love that game and though it have flaws, THAT title is heading in the right direction. Madden is just not... to me problems and i dont want to hear the its just a demo. A demo is suppose to make u want to buy the game not say o thats ok its the demo. NCAA was rough but good and made you say "Hey that final build is going to be GREAT!".

I would rather play the demo of M12 all day than play another game of the retail NCAA. AA this year is so full of glitches and breakdowns its hardly playable. The player(especially DBs) warping through WRs and TEs is the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered with a football video game. Its a shame to, because I put AA above Madden for the last 4 years.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #13
Rookie

pittsburgher86's Arena

OVR: 8
Aren't demo's not the final build of a game? And if not we will probably have a day patch and aren't there tuner sets this year as well? I personally am enjoying the demo and can't wait for August 30th.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #14
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

no big loss for me. i'll just wait a few more weeks and pick up the hd splinter cell collection in late september. sorry ea; better luck next year.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #15
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdagreat

imo, ncaa is absolutely terrible. they have to resort to the biggest cheat tactics they can think of to give you a challenge. go try nba 2k11 to see how giving the user a challenge is supposed to be done.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #16
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
2k5 needs to die. There was a reason it was 20 dollars. I would rather play Tecmo Super Bowl than that trash.
It will die when a better NFL game is put out....I'm still waiting.......

I thought the demo was fun and I really liked the presentation, graphics and collision system. Didn't like it as much as the ncaa demo though..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »