Home

Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

This is a discussion on Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder
So...wait...Communities is basically just a filtered/custom in-game friend list?

lol

Posted using the power of knowledge.
No, its more than that, its basically another type of lobby filled with like minded players. If you wanna play cheeseball style, then make a lobby and invite everyone who like to play like that.

If you wanna play REAL 15 min Qtrs Football, and it be ranked with sliders tweaked for the best posssible simulation, then so be it. But its just lobby play that filtered to weed out certain types of gameplays online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 25

I love the idea of Online Community's, I don't care what people do with the game or their playstyle... That's up to them and to each their own. I know the style of game I want to play and that's great also, its nice to have a feature that is a moderated community of like minded players for whatever style you want to play and know when you get a game going it will be the style you are looking for. That is what the majority of the Madden community has been asking for over the last several years. Find a community that plays your style and have fun with it. The leaderboards within each community are just icing on the cake to.me.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thia is an extremely weak feature.

I can't believe people are even trying to pretend this is cool. It's basically just letting you play ranked games against people on your friends list.

Gameflow, 3 vs 3 OTP, and now this joke.

I'm glad they upgraded offline franchise but this proves they could have done so much more....
Old 07-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
That is what the majority of the Madden community has been asking for over the last several years. Find a community that plays your style and have fun with it.
Hmmm . . . I've been reading the Madden forums here for about 5 years, and this is not an accurate statement regarding the OS community--which, as the inclusion of the OS logo in the Communities feature indicates, is not a marginal group within the Madden community at large. The request to bring back some form of the fair play feature has been a regular one, but suggesting that OS has been clamoring for it over and above other important features would be a stretch.

I don't frequent the other major Madden sites as much as OS because the quality of the discussion isn't as high, but this also strikes me as not exactly true of their wants/needs. I would be surprised to learn that the sites that give you tips on how to create exploit-based schemes (under the guise of "strategy") were full of posters in a tizzy about creating lobbies where just their brand of ball were played. I could be wrong.

The decision is what it is, and that's fine, but the rhetoric justifying it seems a little suspect to me, that's all. It looks from the outside like the sequence from '10 forward is just a series of missteps that don't equate to genuine progress. My wish for the next generation of Madden games is that EA develop a company line that is consistent within itself and that they show evidence of a clear, discernible and stable vision for the franchise.

I really want that to happen, by the way, honestly.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Hmmm . . . I've been reading the Madden forums here for about 5 years, and this is not an accurate statement regarding the OS community--which, as the inclusion of the OS logo in the Communities feature indicates, is not a marginal group within the Madden community at large. The request to bring back some form of the fair play feature has been a regular one, but suggesting that OS has been clamoring for it over and above other important features would be a stretch.

I don't frequent the other major Madden sites as much as OS because the quality of the discussion isn't as high, but this also strikes me as not exactly true of their wants/needs. I would be surprised to learn that the sites that give you tips on how to create exploit-based schemes (under the guise of "strategy") were full of posters in a tizzy about creating lobbies where just their brand of ball were played. I could be wrong.

The decision is what it is, and that's fine, but the rhetoric justifying it seems a little suspect to me, that's all. It looks from the outside like the sequence from '10 forward is just a series of missteps that don't equate to genuine progress. My wish for the next generation of Madden games is that EA develop a company line that is consistent within itself and that they show evidence of a clear, discernible and stable vision for the franchise.

I really want that to happen, by the way, honestly.
I said the Madden community, not just OS. The single biggest complaint in online modes is play style and how to know who you are playing is playing the same style you prefer and.... Viola, Online Community's.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 9

Can't wait to utilize this feature.

I'm slightly confused though. Are your stats specifically held for each community?

Can I be 6-0 in OS? And 0-7 in another...and the stats are individual.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:38 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
Can't wait to utilize this feature.

I'm slightly confused though. Are your stats specifically held for each community?

Can I be 6-0 in OS? And 0-7 in another...and the stats are individual.
Individual for each community I believe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 12:29 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0

We EA have any website or apps so we can we access our commmunity stats/ leaderboard ect via the web? That would be nice. If not is that something LM could pull from EA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »