Home

Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

This is a discussion on Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Seriously? People care that much about their online records that they would do this?

What's easier?

A) Hey that guy is a cheeser let me go capture the video and send it to a community mod. To get him kicked.

B) I'll just play people on my friends list who I know and play the game right.
I personally don't care what my record is but if there is a guy in your league/community/online franchise that doesn't follow the rules set forth by the commish and that they agreed to then by all means yes... Get evidence. Protect the integrity of the league you are in. People have no issues with wanting to boot someone from an online franchise for breaking rules... Why would an online.community be ANY different in that aspect? Most of the people that are against online community's have posted the exact same argument yet they have no issues doing it in an online franchise... I'm kind of at a loss to understand the logic other than they don't like online community strictly because online franchise wasn't upgraded. To each their own I guess
Old 07-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #90
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Why would you even need a cell phone or something like that to capture proof of the cheesing though really, if you're playing online then just save a highlight and post it on your EA sportsworld page.
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #91
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

If anyone starts an OS Beginner/Casual Community I would like to join.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Why would you even need a cell phone or something like that to capture proof of the cheesing though really, if you're playing online then just save a highlight and post it on your EA sportsworld page.
Lol yeah, I forgot about that one, thanks bro. But yeah that too. Like I said rhough there are options available and they are the same thing a lot of people use for rule breakers in other modes...
Old 07-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Lol yeah, I forgot about that one, thanks bro. But yeah that too. Like I said rhough there are options available and they are the same thing a lot of people use for rule breakers in other modes...
To address Danimal's post - I understand what you are saying about "just playing with people you know" but I think the purpose of this feature is to allow us to broaden the people we know. Some of us have large Xbox/PS3 friends lists full of great, straight, sim-style gamers who play Madden and others don't. Some, like myself have some but not a lot. This feature should help immensely in finding gamers who play the way we like to play.

As for the work of keeping the community clean, if everyone helps one another then it's not such a huge chore. And for me the payoff of helping a community keep it's sim-style play is really worth the payoff of building my friends list and expanding the amount of straight, sim-style gamers that I can play Madden against.
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 07-28-2011, 12:14 AM   #94
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

ODogg,

Let me just be perfectly clear and this will be my last post on the subject.

I'm not against communities. If people enjoy them then so be it. I just find it a very underwhelming feature. Even if they had improved Online Franchise in addition to this feature I would feel the same.

As you've stated I only play with people I know whether it be one off games, online franchise or even games like BFBC2. The ability to be in a community with 2000 people who "supposedly" play like I do holds no interest for me because I'm still essentially playing random people.

I understand your point about broadening your opponent pool and I sincerely hope it works but I've been around this whole scene long enough (original Live Beta tester baby!) to hear and see some incredible things online that just make me feel otherwise.

The only thing an Online community can give me I don't already have is a way for me and my friends to have leader boards / stat tracking and that's not something I really care about. Will I try it? Of course I will but it doesn't change the fact that it isn't really geared towards me. It's geared towards the thousands of people who play ranked games and giving them the ability to try and fine tune who they play.

I get it, I understand the logic behind why it was needed and who knows I may end up using it more then I think. However I don't think it is unreasonable for people to be "meh" on this since we've had excellent match making / stat tracking / party systems in other games as far back as Halo 2.

I won't speak for others but when I see quotes thrown around like "will change how you play online" I'm not expecting a clan system.

I'll refrain further comments on it to I or someone I know actually sees it in actions.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wish there was a way to set a community up for "Fair play". At least that would be somewhat cheese proof. Although, I'm not against this feature, I just think it's to much work to police your community. I want play and enjoy the game, not work when I'm suppose to be relaxing enjoying the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 02:22 AM   #96
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgramps
I wish there was a way to set a community up for "Fair play". At least that would be somewhat cheese proof. Although, I'm not against this feature, I just think it's to much work to police your community. I want play and enjoy the game, not work when I'm suppose to be relaxing enjoying the game.
Then join one someone else polices, from your nickname you'd be right at home in the grandpa gamers community!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »