Home

Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

This is a discussion on Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebugaloo
Wow, that sounds like something that took almost no effort to bring to Madden 12. It's a no brainer, and something a lot like Halo's matchmaking system (still baffled why many FPS' don't copy that, btw). Am I supposed to believe this took all the time they could have used to upgrade Online Franchise?!?! Seriously, EA, I'm going to say this with all sincerity as your once-loyal fan...blow it out your a$$. And if I ever get the notion to buy your silly little Madden 12 game, I'll make sure to buy it used.

Sorry, guys. Still not over the whole Online Franchise thing. Still bitter...really, really bitter.
Hate to see people get banned or infractions for emotional posts, but whats done is done and we have to get past that. I have laid down my 3 year plan with madden and this is yr 2, if nothing comes of online franchise next year then its a wrap until something is done.

But putting that behind me for now is all I can do, and take this good news (no matter how yall look at it) and hope for the best from here on out, even if it did take 5 minutes!
Old 07-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #50
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

Angry Re: Official Madden 12 Online Communities Blog

Who was asking that they take away the Defensive camera in team play??

The only reason I play(ed) superstar, coop, team play is because I love playing from that camera view. I bought NCAA for the purpose of player lock.

As a player who likes playing as the secondary, the offensive camera kills my perspective to get the right angle to make a play on the ball. Hense why I NEVER control my secondary during a normal game.

This is a huge disappointment as I was in the minority who loved team play, but since I play mostly to be a corner or safety it'll be another mode that has gone in the wrong direction for me.

Also let me state that I like the stat tracking and getting rid of the boosts (although they were fun to try and get legit). I also understand the offensive cam may be better for D-line and Linebackers. I don't play those positions so I don't care much. As I already said, this ruins defensive back play.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #51
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5

This is a nice announcement, all in all. I would love online franchise to get a lot more love over this, but it will actually make me try out some ranked play.

While we hate on the "cheese" style gameplay on here, it's just as important to quell the griefers, idiots and quitters that ruin the game for the run of the mill player who probably plays a bit too arcadey for the Sim community. There's nothing worse than getting punished with a DC when you're good, or being thrown a bunch of expletives and taunts when you're watching them put on a clinic (and getting another bunch more for having the gall to congratulate them on their good play).

If EA were serious about this, they would allow communities to set very stringent criteria based on the data they are championing from Ranked head to heads e.g. percentage of DCs must be below a certain amount. Then extend it to abuse being reported, etc etc.

Of course, then you have to add incentives to being in certain communities, but that's a whole different can of worms. They're not showing any real signs of wanting to potentially lose sales by getting rid of the idiots, but this way communities could be seen as something to clean up your play and aspire for.

Anyway, back on topic, it's a nice start. Back in the day this might not have been seen as the big exciting news to tell the world, but who am I to judge?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #52
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDERMAN
Who was asking that they take away the Defensive camera in team play??

The only reason I play(ed) superstar, coop, team play is because I love playing from that camera view. I bought NCAA for the purpose of player lock.

As a player who likes playing as the secondary, the offensive camera kills my perspective to get the right angle to make a play on the ball. Hense why I NEVER control my secondary during a normal game.

This is a huge disappointment as I was in the minority who loved team play, but since I play mostly to be a corner or safety it'll be another mode that has gone in the wrong direction for me.

Also let me state that I like the stat tracking and getting rid of the boosts (although they were fun to try and get legit). I also understand the offensive cam may be better for D-line and Linebackers. I don't play those positions so I don't care much. As I already said, this ruins defensive back play.
Really, you didn't hear anyone complain about this? This complaint may have only been surpassed by the complaints about boosts -- thankfully they were also removed.

Ideally you certainly want to keep both cameras in the game, but if you think about it, most people have learned to play Madden a certain way, and the reverse camera is not that certain way.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #53
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Really, you didn't hear anyone complain about this? This complaint may have only been surpassed by the complaints about boosts -- thankfully they were also removed.

Ideally you certainly want to keep both cameras in the game, but if you think about it, most people have learned to play Madden a certain way, and the reverse camera is not that certain way.
honestly i don't ever remember hearing anyone complain about this, and it certainly didn't generate 20 page rage threads that the 'no online franchise' improvements did. matter of fact all i remember seeing about OTP is having more people like 5v5. highly doubt if they announced 'no OTP improvements this year' you would see the same negative reaction.

and yes i know EA is trying to squeeze in as much as possible and online franchise probably needs too much web coding work to do in one cycle. just hope the negative responses validate the OF community and speak for themselves...
Old 07-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Hey, I say talk to the leaguemanager guy, he knew about this and online franchise way before any of us did and its to his benefit for those wanting a complete online franchise having to go thru him and his site.

The bone has been the "option", if you want to continue playing in regular lobbies with no policing, then fine by me. Just dont let me catch you complaining about anything foul that goes on in there like it always does, i'll make sure to quote you on it aswell if it comes to that and then we'll see in-significant it will be then.

If nothing was presented at all and it was just talk on OTP and MUT, then it would have been outrage. For years in all wishlists across the net we have been asking to get rid of the cheat/cheesers, so instead they gave us our own lobbies and leaderboards to play in and a great way to weed out those who choose to come in and break the rules. Its our own "island" and I am more happy about this knowing the fact that now they have no choice but to beef up online franchise next year since there isnt gonna be too many excuses of why it went untouched again.

So either play your part of continuous play of the online franchise to show them "this is a feature we want taken care of" and all should be well by then, but this is a great step in the right direction IMO!
funny... I'm not making any money off of it so how is it to my benefit??? And yep i knew about online franchise about 3 months after they made the decision that they would not be able to upgrade it this year. Please Smoke... Only deal in factual information.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
funny... I'm not making any money off of it so how is it to my benefit??? And yep i knew about online franchise about 3 months after they made the decision that they would not be able to upgrade it this year. Please Smoke... Only deal in factual information.
I never said nothing about monetary benefits, I just said you benefit from it since most people who are looking for a complete franchise will have to use your site to get most of what they sought from EA themselves this year.

So please, once again you ASSume things out of a blank statement in which it is mostly true. If you feel the need to help people, then you should have done alot more than attend and say "hey, then I will upgrade my site with the help of your tools, to get online franchise playable for some looking forward to it this year"!

If you can do this in the 3 months you had since you learned about no upgrades to online franchise, then you are proof that it could have been done on EA's side of all this.

But what do I know, I just spew out mis-information to people based off what I read and see from those who post whats going on and off of EA history with this game. But thru all of this, I have my optimism back and have a lil more faith in EA than I did before this morning.

So where was I wrong at?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 11

Does Online Communities apply to MUT Also, or this is not that big to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »