Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #201
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
And there is just one example of why it's impossible to take anything anyone says around here seriously.
LOL! Yeah, I'm a blind idiot who shouldn't be taken seriously here... Thanks for sharing...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #202
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
LOL at people not allowed to express their anger and frustration.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 07-24-2011, 12:31 AM   #203
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I believe that people who get angry if others like the game do so because they are envious that others can enjoy the game and they can't coupled with their belief that if only everyone else was as miserable and angry toward EA as they are then EA would actually step up and dramatically make over the series ala Triple Play baseball and the NHL series.

All I know is it's by far the best football title I have played since Front Page Sports Football on the PC. And I've been playing video football games since I played Realsports Football on my Atari 2600 back in the day...
I think I'm more upset with myself for treading into the roster glitch thread than anything else. Call me naive, but I wasn't noticing a huge difference in gameplay once I downloaded buckeye02's roster on the PS3, compared to when I used the default rosters.

Now, I'm looking for things instead of just playing the game and having fun, and I HATE that. Hopefully a patch fixes the issue and the roster guys won't have to re-input all of that data.

I'm going back to playing the game. Is it perfect? No. Is it fun? To me, yes it is.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 07-24-2011, 12:31 AM   #204
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
LOL at people not allowed to express their anger and frustration.
...or people not allowed to share their enjoyment of the game
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #205
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
...or people not allowed to share their enjoyment of the game
This game could be good if this bug was fixed. I'll give you that, but right now I'm not happy with EA, and I've put the game up until it's patched.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

Last edited by BaylorBearBryant; 07-24-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 12:36 AM   #206
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I think I'm more upset with myself for treading into the roster glitch thread than anything else. Call me naive, but I wasn't noticing a huge difference in gameplay once I downloaded buckeye02's roster on the PS3, compared to when I used the default rosters.

Now, I'm looking for things instead of just playing the game and having fun, and I HATE that. Hopefully a patch fixes the issue and the roster guys won't have to re-input all of that data.

I'm going back to playing the game. Is it perfect? No. Is it fun? To me, yes it is.
Oh I know what you mean, honestly I think folks are seeing a lot of stuff and attributing it to the rosters and it has nothing to do with the rosters. Its just wishful thinking that the roster patch will fix ever issue with the game. Placebo effect in full force right now I do believe..

I do know last night I played a couple of games against Michigan and Illinois and in both games the QBs ran on me. This issuing Carson3s rosters on the Xbox. Now maybe without the named rosters they would have ran more, I don't know but it's not as if they never run at all. I can live with it until the patch...
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-24-2011, 12:36 AM   #207
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I appreciate both sides of the argument here...

Personally, I'm seeing terrible offensive lineman logic (noted by the video posted a few pages back those shows the offensive guards getting walked around like a tree), strong and free safeties that have TERRIBLE db logic - which allows for the slot receiver or tight end to run free in the middle of the field 90% of the time, and a known roster glitch that changes the way scrambling quarterbacks play. Not to mention that EA hasn't figured out an intelligent cpu logic for teams that run the option...

I'm glad others enjoy it. I do to a degree, but I refuse to be labeled as a fool for pointing out things that are obvious flaws. Gaming sites that are giving this game high reviews of 9's or higher should be ashamed. With these OUT OF THE BOX FLAWS, I'd give it a 7.5 (generously) out of 10. Yes, some good to it, but a LOT of bad as well. If you guys love it, great... But don't point a finger at me for simply stating the obvious...
Old 07-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #208
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
You can point out issues with the game in a reasonable and intelligent manner though without simply being a whiny, angry and "I'm fed up" attitude is what I think his point was. Although it may not win you points with those here who hate EA and cause them to call you an EA apologist or whatever, the truth is that it will get you taken much more seriously with actually getting problems in the game fixed in the long run..
I have expressed my views on the game in an intelligent and reasonable manner. But, just because I have a negative opinion on a game doesn't mean I should be labeled as a whiner or complainer. That's where the line is crossed, generalizations do no good.

So, I find a few things to be overly annoying and I want others to know about it to see if they experience the same thing? If not, I don't try and convince them, I move on.

I'm not sitting here trying to get those who enjoy the game to come over a "EA hate bandwagon." But, for those who like the game to sit there and pick off people who have a problem with the game, well, isn't helping the matter at all.

We are all striving toward the same goal, it's just some people are more satisfied than others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »