Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #121
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
it doesn't matter if its a $10 game. Fact is its a product. And a product with a lot of defects. Luckily for me i can spend $60 and not have it hurt me but what about kids out there who save up and spend their money on this game? Fact is if you're paying for something it shouldn't come with as many bugs and glitches as this game does.

Again you play it off like not a big deal because its relatively inexpensive and only a video game and pretty much excuse EA for any problems the game has and assume they'll fix everything with a patch. Well they had a patch day 1 and that patch did more harm to the game than it did good. The game actually plays better without the patch but then you lose the ability to edit ratings which was the big thing they advertised with the patch. So again they talk about something great and new theyre adding and it doesn't even work right.

EA is lucky they have exclusive rights so no one else can make a college game because they've pissed enough people off over the past few years to the point where people are just begging for another college football option to become available. They know they are the market on college football games and that alone will sell the game so there doesn't seem to be any accountability for the product they put out.

Just because its a video game for entertainment purposes doesn't excuse them. If any other company hyped up new technology in their product only to have it not work, people wouldn't just overlook it and say well its good enough if you can look past the fact that the stuff they hyped doesn't work right.
I've enjoyed my time playing the game so far. Thankfully I haven't run into any freezing issues, but was hit by the roster bug. What hurts NCAA this year is that there are so many other games coming out within the same time frame. With the appeal of NCAA limited for most until Madden comes out, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of copies at my local Gamestop.

If it wasn't for the 20$ credit I got from Amazon, I'd probably return it and use the money elsewhere. Still have BC3, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Skyrim, and Mass Effect 3 to to try to buy.

Last edited by LambertandHam; 07-23-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #122
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

^^^ugh None of them notice the spectacular fail of the CPU Pass Rush and its backwardness???

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...id-inside.html

And it appears this isn't due to the Roster Editing glitch as its been reported that with even default Rosters CPU OLBs/DEs don't use any pass rushing moves

I can work with most other areas of gameplay, but this is driving me crazy
I'm right there with you man. Some people can overlook it I guess. I just cant do it. ****s just not playing out correctly. My RE is my highest rated DLinemen and he does nothing.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #123
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
I've enjoyed my time playing the game so far. Thankfully I haven't run into any freezing issues, but was hit by the roster bug. What hurts NCAA this year is that there are so many other games coming out within the same time frame. With the appeal of NCAA limited for most until Madden comes out, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of copies at my local Gamestop.

If it wasn't for the 20$ credit I got from Amazon, I'd probably return it and use the money elsewhere. Still have BC3, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Skyrim, and Mass Effect 3 to to try to buy.
You still would get to keep your credit. Trading in the game is a different transaction. I am mailing mine in today to amazon.com.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #124
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I'm right there with you man. Some people can overlook it I guess. I just cant do it. ****s just not playing out correctly. My RE is my highest rated DLinemen and he does nothing.
The DTs clearly overperform getting into the backfield and like stated here- the DE underperform. They really need to fix that, it would make a world of difference.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:56 AM   #125
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Does anyone think it's a little bit too early for this thread? To get true feeling on a game, you need to put at least 1 month or 2 in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 07:57 AM   #126
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
You still would get to keep your credit. Trading in the game is a different transaction. I am mailing mine in today to amazon.com.
It's still a 25$ hit, as Amazon only gives 33$ for it.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #127
MVP

OVR: 12
I borrowed the game from a neighbor. It's a good game. Yet, I found it dull and boring. It just feels stale.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #128
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
It's still a 25$ hit, as Amazon only gives 33$ for it.
The $20 original credit, plus 33.75 is only a $4.23 loss based on the original $57.98 cost. Its only a $25 loss if you didn't get the original $20 credit.

And for the $4.23 loss i got to play the game for 2 1/2 weeks and if i wanted to re-buy it i would still have the EA access activated. So i could buy it used at a lower cost and it would still have the benefits of the new game.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 07-23-2011 at 08:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »