Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
WTH??? What do you even say to this? Speechless...
You have a problem with something I said?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #146
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Wait a minute, how can it be a "fantastic game'' if it had major bugs? Doesn't having major bugs relegate this to anything but a "fantastic game?'' How in the world can you call this a "fantastic game?''

That's like saying you just had a "fantastic'' cheesesteak with spoiled meat.

Hey stop with the logic
Old 07-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #147
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgin2311
You have a problem with something I said?
No, like I said, I am speechless.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:13 PM   #148
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
The DTs clearly overperform getting into the backfield and like stated here- the DE underperform. They really need to fix that, it would make a world of difference.
My RE leads the NCAA in sacks. I dont user control him. The issue is sliders, half of you guys put the game in and start jacking around the sliders without playing a few games to see whats up. Sliders don't work universally for every team, sliders also depend on the players rating at their position. If you have a run stuffing end, jacking up the sliders isnt going to make him get more sacks
Old 07-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #149
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
My RE leads the NCAA in sacks. I dont user control him. The issue is sliders, half of you guys put the game in and start jacking around the sliders without playing a few games to see whats up. Sliders don't work universally for every team, sliders also depend on the players rating at their position. If you have a run stuffing end, jacking up the sliders isnt going to make him get more sacks
Are you running a 4-3 or a 3-4? 3-4 Ends can get sacks in this game because of the messed up blocking logic. The CPU will block the blitzing LB's and literally let the DE's run free. I use a 4-3 with a 95 overall pass rushing Defensive End that couldn't get an ounce of pressure (forget sacks) on Varsity with my pass rush on 100 and the CPU pass block on 0. The 4-3 defensive ends are broken, have been for years and sliders are not the problem.

dkrause1971 is 100% correct, as it was like that in Madden 11 as well.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 07-23-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #150
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

I was very disappointed with the roster glitch and haven't played the game in a few days. I just deleted the rosters today and went back to default and all I can say is the game completely changed for me. It was A LOT more realistic and I didn't notice the LBs jumping 20 feet in the air for a deflection. I was very impressed.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #151
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

The more I play the more impressed I am with the game - IF they resolve these lockup issues.

Lockup Issues: I'm a 1 person OD guy because I love the website interface so I can document my seasons. I'm also a lover of Teambuilder and the ability to change conferences in the off-season, as well as the ability to use named rosters. Unfortunately, something in that feature set causes lockups, one of my OD's is 100% unloadable after game 1 of season 2. The other forces me to reboot the 360 after every game.

What I Love: I have been playing video football since Intellivision, I've seen it all, and I feel this is the best game I've ever experienced. And its in the details. Better presentation elements, better grass (I'm fortunate to not be experiencing visual display issues other than the loss of metallic helmets, deteriorating field and white unis which I expect to be patched), more gear, dreads, better replay camera work from the broadcast cam. But the gold is in the new animation work, MUCH smoother than ever before, haven't noticed clipping, suction blocking, sliders work enough to develop a very realistic experience, particularly in the run game. Need more catching animations and I miss the celebrations we could trigger, wish they'd put those back. But you can find great gameplay with the right settings.

Don't play RTG or any of the gimmicky stuff, don't play others, so I can only comment on the OD experience.

IF they patch or tune out the bugs, I may not have much interest in Madden this year.

NOTE: BTW, If you are willing to buy an EA sports game before its been out 60-90 days, and been tuned and patched, you can EXPECT bug city. Happens EVERY year it's just the company's M.O. Not happy about it but I know what to expect from these guys, by now you guys should too.

Last edited by Old School SD Fan; 07-23-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #152
Banned

WIAggie's Arena

OVR: 3

here's why patches take time

First EA have to go through the process of identifying the problem, determining a fix, implementing the fix, testing the fix to insure there no new bugs, then submit it to Microsoft/Sony. Then wait 2 weeks for Microsoft/Sony to test it to make sure it's certified and then it's released to us gamers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »