Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2011, 12:54 AM   #113
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolitaTyroneJenkins
lol - no comment ok roundtable wink wink EA $$
I actually think this one would look rather fetching if it were changed into a pictograph. The english isn't quite there, but if it were done in pictures, it would then totally work.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #114
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I just finished playing 2 games in my current dynasty with Gator/Buckeye's roster.

Screw it. I am having too much fun and enjoying the game immensely.

When they patch it they patch it.

In this case ignorance is bliss as the game is a ton of fun and plays well despite some of the frame rate issues.

I am just going to stay out of the NCAA forums for a long while. Game is playing fine to me.
I didn't even know about this bug until I read your post in MKHarsh33's slider thread where you mentioned something about having re-start using default rosters. I then ventured into the main NCAA forum hub and found 80-plus pages of comments.

I was having a good time with the game, both with default and named rosters. I understand that bugs pop up in these games. The thing that has me upset is all that there's the possibility that all the hard work the roster-makers put into giving us FREE rosters may be thrown out the window. I would feel real bad for those guys if that were the case. I'm hoping EA can fix the problem without forcing users to re-input 120 teams' worth of names/equipment, etc.

So yes, while I am slightly annoyed that this issue does exist, I am still enjoying the game.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 07-23-2011, 01:46 AM   #115
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Well, outside of the tendencies bug, the playbooks bug, the awareness of WR's and DB's on passes, and the amount of high rated coaches in dynasty, I am really liking this game.

If they could fix the tendencies and custom playbooks bugs, then I'd never stop playing the game. It is frustrating to see Ray Ray Armstrong(best FS in the game) in perfect position to pick the ball off, but instead he never even tries to swat or catch the pass and it sails 5 inches over his helmet for a 30+ yard pass. I could honestly live with that since it affects both me and the CPU, but it does need to be fixed.

If EA can fix the CPB and tendencies bugs along with the awareness of WR's and DB's on some passes, then I'd could honestly say this is the best football game I have ever played.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 02:30 AM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think the graphics and lighting are amazing. The running game is very fun. However, the psychic DB's and the super jumping LB's are starting to grate on me. Also the AI seems to blitz way too much.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:35 AM   #117
Banned

OVR: 25
It may be off topic but,

I just can't understand why Marcus Lattimore (96) had a higher speed rating than Denard Robinson (95).

Lattimore lowest noted 40 time was a 4.46. Robinson reportedly has run under 4.4 multiple times. You could say, well Robinson get's started much faster. True, but Lattimore has a 92 ACC. I mean, if his ACC was about 86-88, maybe that's ok.

Just one of the MANY overrates in game. I just don't understand how every starter on Alabama's defense has a hit power above 90, or how 20 players, including EVERY WR and RB, on Florida's roster has a speed 90 or higher.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:39 AM   #118
Banned

OVR: 25
You know, super-LBs and psychic DBs wouldn't be so irritating if more than half of my online losses weren't single handedly caused by them.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:00 AM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Glitches? So that kills a game for you?

Every sports game that comes out has bugs, somewhere. That's why its good patches are an option on these next-gen systems.

I mean...all due respect. I'm not being ugly with you. But good luck buying a sports video game thats not "buggy."
Sure, if there was an odd glitch then fine. NCAA 12 for me, and many other people, is broken, read: unplayable. Just one example, there's an animation problem on deep balls causing the defence to frequently not contest deep balls. Should I not throw the ball deep? Should I accept that I consistently give up 3rd and Long when my corner and safety stand beside the WR jumping for the ball? How about coaching progression, supposed to be a perk for this year, messing up dynasty mode?

If you don't care about these things, fine, but for many of us any improvements are overshadowed by these problems.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:19 AM   #120
Pro

OVR: 33
No mention of the shocking sound quality. For me that's the most annoying aspect to this game. I think with any game there will be a few bugs & glitches along the way but I can't believe anyone would release a game that sounds so bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »