Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #105
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

I'm watching from the sidelines this year. It's the first time I haven't purchased an NCAA game day since I was a kid. I've followed the chatter on these boards, and it's more than reinforced my decision to stay away. I came close to caving in a few times. But, eventually you see the same song and dance so often, you reach a breaking point. I may consider this years game after it's been properly patched. However, by that time it may be too late.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #106
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I just finished playing 2 games in my current dynasty with Gator/Buckeye's roster.

Screw it. I am having too much fun and enjoying the game immensely.

When they patch it they patch it.

In this case ignorance is bliss as the game is a ton of fun and plays well despite some of the frame rate issues.

I am just going to stay out of the NCAA forums for a long while. Game is playing fine to me.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 07-23-2011, 12:32 AM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
so you're honestly going to say that this game looks different than last year when many others have pointed that the game looks just like last year. Player models are the same, 3d grass is only noticeable on replays and lighting is the only real difference in the look of the game.

And did you really just excuse them by saying, "But not once did I hear anyone say every feature was gonna work properly on release."

Going back to someone's car analogy that'd be like a company hyping up a new sound system technology in the car and it not working correctly. Would you find that excuseable? Of course not so why should we excuse a video game company for hyping up features that don't work?

As others have stated, its to the point where we've become the testers for the game. We sat here and listened to Ben hype up their new features over and over and over and over and over again only to find out those new features don't even work right. But you seem to just want to give them a pass because its a decent game if you can see past the mass amount of bugs.
Its wierd how some people defend this game..giving it 8.5 and even higher...I actually read somewhere on this forum that NCAA 12 was better than NCAA 13 and that joint haven't even came out yet...lol

but I with you on that reply
Old 07-23-2011, 12:37 AM   #108
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgin2311
I can find just as many people to subjectivly agtee with me. What does someone elses pair of eyes work better than mine? Not arguing that the game has bugs, but going back to my previous post saying that im sure they will ne fixed. Its a 60$ game not this grand technological advancement eveyone is psyching themselves into. 60$ cmon man! Its a game and im just having a ball with it.
it doesn't matter if its a $10 game. Fact is its a product. And a product with a lot of defects. Luckily for me i can spend $60 and not have it hurt me but what about kids out there who save up and spend their money on this game? Fact is if you're paying for something it shouldn't come with as many bugs and glitches as this game does.

Again you play it off like not a big deal because its relatively inexpensive and only a video game and pretty much excuse EA for any problems the game has and assume they'll fix everything with a patch. Well they had a patch day 1 and that patch did more harm to the game than it did good. The game actually plays better without the patch but then you lose the ability to edit ratings which was the big thing they advertised with the patch. So again they talk about something great and new theyre adding and it doesn't even work right.

EA is lucky they have exclusive rights so no one else can make a college game because they've pissed enough people off over the past few years to the point where people are just begging for another college football option to become available. They know they are the market on college football games and that alone will sell the game so there doesn't seem to be any accountability for the product they put out.

Just because its a video game for entertainment purposes doesn't excuse them. If any other company hyped up new technology in their product only to have it not work, people wouldn't just overlook it and say well its good enough if you can look past the fact that the stuff they hyped doesn't work right.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 10
We have had other college football games, 2k had that trash they came ouy with. Honestly I havent experiemced said issues, so im sorry for your frustration. I feel the same way about madden not makimg changes to online franchise, but thats for another topic. Anyone want some meatloaf?
Old 07-23-2011, 12:51 AM   #110
Banned

OVR: 1

I'm enjoying the CC, although super-psychic linebackers (and to corners to a lesser extent) and the freezing is pretty irritating. I don't know how you release a new game so bugged out that it keeps freezing. Sliders have made it playable for me, but, I get the feeling it's gonna be the same situation as last year where slider guys had to keep tweaking and re-tweaking after every patch/tuner. It makes the game a chore to play at that point.

Last edited by theultimatewi; 07-23-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:51 AM   #111
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I just finished playing 2 games in my current dynasty with Gator/Buckeye's roster.

Screw it. I am having too much fun and enjoying the game immensely.

When they patch it they patch it.

In this case ignorance is bliss as the game is a ton of fun and plays well despite some of the frame rate issues.

I am just going to stay out of the NCAA forums for a long while. Game is playing fine to me.
Indeed. Same here. Besides the NCAA forums have just turned in to the same 5 guys repeating themselves with the same complaints and same hyperbole over and over again. A few of whom I dont even believe have the game. Which is a shame because they are drowning out the guys making actual points and actually trying to figure this out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 12:52 AM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 10
Mom, THE MEATLOAF..............i never know what shes doing back there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »