Home

Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #97
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus34
It's like the people at EA didn't even test the Dynasty Mode before sending it to the stores.

Just a slap in the face to the customers
My sentiments exactly. I wonder if all those reviewers would be servicing the game and EA if they had plunk down $65 of their own hard-earned money for it, instead of receiving a complementary copy.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 07-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 19
EA should patch the commentary/ play by play/color commentary. IMO this is EA's biggest misstep this year.
Other sports titles have spoiled us with above average commentary. when other developers set the bar, one shold try to match it or exceed it.. Other wise a solid title could wind up being just avaergae because of a subpar feature

,IMO this is what makes the game just average.

EA please dont do this to Madden also. the commentary better be robust, lively and above avaegae. There are enough stories and stats in the NFL to have commentary last several decades in the virtual sports franchise world.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
In all honesty... I enjoy it alot more if I dont go online to forums and read about every little detail and problem with the game.. But after I do, I feel like not playing it. But if I dont read all the forums, then I love the game.
Ditto! I like to keep up to date on any info (patches/updates etc.) that is coming out, but the saying, "What you don't know won't hurt you" kinda rings true here as I would enjoy the game much more without knowing every little bug or quirk of the game before hand...I like to find them out on my own if AND when they should pop up.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #100
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Staff Roundtable: How Are We Feeling About NCAA Football 12 Now?

fantastic game with major bugs, fix those and it could be legendary...
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
When you don't add too much to a new game and then the stuff you do add doesn't work, they basically are stealing money.

They put out a completely flawed game that even looked just like last year's game, hyped up features that don't work properly and took everyone's money. Yes we aren't forced to buy the game but we were lied to because we were under the impression that these things were either fixed or worked.

The amount of bugs and glitches this game has is beyond ridiculous for them to consider this a final product ready for sale.

They have a TON of work to do for me to even consider buying the game next year.
I dont excuse the fact that the game has issues. But not once did I hear anyone say every feature was gonna work properly on release. Yes they never stated the that they didnt work, but like you said no one put a gun to your head and told you to buy. Your argument became ******** when you stated that the game looks the same. No offense to the mentally challanged.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 12:04 AM   #102
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgin2311
I dont excuse the fact that the game has issues. But not once did I hear anyone say every feature was gonna work properly on release. Yes they never stated the that they didnt work, but like you said no one put a gun to your head and told you to buy. Your argument became ******** when you stated that the game looks the same. No offense to the mentally challanged.
so you're honestly going to say that this game looks different than last year when many others have pointed that the game looks just like last year. Player models are the same, 3d grass is only noticeable on replays and lighting is the only real difference in the look of the game.

And did you really just excuse them by saying, "But not once did I hear anyone say every feature was gonna work properly on release."

Going back to someone's car analogy that'd be like a company hyping up a new sound system technology in the car and it not working correctly. Would you find that excuseable? Of course not so why should we excuse a video game company for hyping up features that don't work?

As others have stated, its to the point where we've become the testers for the game. We sat here and listened to Ben hype up their new features over and over and over and over and over again only to find out those new features don't even work right. But you seem to just want to give them a pass because its a decent game if you can see past the mass amount of bugs.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #103
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19
will not consider buying this game until after a patch comes out and reading the feedback about it
Old 07-23-2011, 12:24 AM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
so you're honestly going to say that this game looks different than last year when many others have pointed that the game looks just like last year. Player models are the same, 3d grass is only noticeable on replays and lighting is the only real difference in the look of the game.

And did you really just excuse them by saying, "But not once did I hear anyone say every feature was gonna work properly on release."

Going back to someone's car analogy that'd be like a company hyping up a new sound system technology in the car and it not working correctly. Would you find that excuseable? Of course not so why should we excuse a video game company for hyping up features that don't work?

As others have stated, its to the point where we've become the testers for the game. We sat here and listened to Ben hype up their new features over and over and over and over and over again only to find out those new features don't even work right. But you seem to just want to give them a pass because its a decent game if you can see past the mass amount of bugs.
I can find just as many people to subjectivly agtee with me. What does someone elses pair of eyes work better than mine? Not arguing that the game has bugs, but going back to my previous post saying that im sure they will ne fixed. Its a 60$ game not this grand technological advancement eveyone is psyching themselves into. 60$ cmon man! Its a game and im just having a ball with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »