Home

A Eulogy for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager

This is a discussion on A Eulogy for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #17
Staff Writer

kelvinmak's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: A Eulogy for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk
I've most probably played more of EHM 2007 that any other game I've owned. Five years since it's cancellation and the EHM community is still going strong. I don't want to spam OS so I won't mention the URL (Drewst18 mentioned it above), but I've been running an EHM fan site for just over seven years. Even now the community is very busy. There are so many people still interested in EHM. It's such a shame SI hasn't picked up the game again. I have to agree with article - it was poor marketing and not piracy that harmed sales. I've heard mention before that in fact the eLicense system (the copy protection EHM used - as does OOTP) is extremely difficult to crack.

To answer addjbojangle's question; there is still a roster update available for EHM. Do a Google search for "manimal/lidas roster update 2011/12" and you'll find it.
Hey Archibalduk, thanks for linking to our article on TheBlueLine (No worries, they can't fire me... oh crap, they can) much appreciated!

I'm a long time lurker on your site, and the sheer amount of updates the contributors have on there is just... awesome.

But yeah, I'm one of those who just played this game to death. It's a shame that with the success of distributing games through Steam, SI hasn't restarted the engines on EHM yet. Just imagine the game with half the features that exist on FM (Player interaction, agents, etc.)... I suppose we can keep dreaming.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinmak
Hey Archibalduk, thanks for linking to our article on TheBlueLine (No worries, they can't fire me... oh crap, they can) much appreciated!

I'm a long time lurker on your site, and the sheer amount of updates the contributors have on there is just... awesome.

But yeah, I'm one of those who just played this game to death. It's a shame that with the success of distributing games through Steam, SI hasn't restarted the engines on EHM yet. Just imagine the game with half the features that exist on FM (Player interaction, agents, etc.)... I suppose we can keep dreaming.
Thanks for your kind comments! Nice to hear you visit TBL.

There's an awful lot of us who keep on dreaming! I know Riz and his team were planning on creating an OOTP-like level of customisation for the next EHM. That would have been the icing on the cake. We sorely need that sort of flexibility in the game - indeed even a customisable starting date would be nice.

I couldn't agree more about Steam. If only SI would reconsider the game in light of this. There is still plenty of demand/interest for the game. At least in the meantime there's the possibility that FaceOff Hockey by Wolverine Sports may eventually have an EHM-style career mode. There's also the Dabo Hockey Manager community-based project. Fingers crossed that one/both of these succeed.

Please do keep promoting EHM on OS (and I'd happily contribute/assist OS with this). Perhaps if enough people show interest in the game then SI (or even another developer) might reconsider.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #19
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

It's a great game, I played 07 so so much over the first couple of years I had it. I had EHM 2005 as well which was the lockout season.

It was such a good simulation of hockey managenment, and even though the actual match engine was a bit flawed (to me at least), simming the games gave great results and the overall experience was just excellent.

I wish someone would resurrect it in the future, you never know!

Now Playing FIFA, UFC 4, PGA Tour 2k23, WWE, MLB The Show and Dirt Rally 2.0
Old 07-20-2011, 04:44 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sadly I have been very reliably informed that EHM 2007 is no longer on sale via eLicense (this was the only place it could be purchased). It will not be put up for sale on any other digital download store - I believe this is due to the inevitable legal issues around licensing etc. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Those who have already purchased a copy will still be able to reactivate your licenses should you need to reinstall the game at any point.
Webmaster of The Blue Line - Your #1 resource and forums for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager & Franchise Hockey Manager - http://www.ehmtheblueline.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »