Home

A Eulogy for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager

This is a discussion on A Eulogy for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
A Eulogy for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager

Certain dates on the sports calendar can drive gamers back to a particular game they have not touched in a while. Between the NHL Draft and NHL free agency starting on July 1, there was no doubt a few hockey fans dusting off their copies of NHL 11. But if you are one of the more hardcore armchair general managers out there, you were probably looking for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 on your PC. The series died too young, and in honor of the annual NHL free-agency madness, here is a look back at one of the best sports-management games that has ever hit the scene.

Read More - A Eulogy for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32
I was just looking at some old EHM 07 threads, this series was one that I spent hours upon DAYS playing when I was younger. Never really got into it as much when it was being published by SI but man those freeware versions of EHM got played to DEATH by me. Great great article.

One can only wish that EA's NHL series can one day capture the dynasty logic and immersiveness that EHM offered.

Anyone know if EHM can be played on MAC and if there are still people out there updating the database and rosters, etc?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Oh man, gotta echo ASB37's thoughts (coincidentally those are my initials...weird.): are people still updating the database and rosters?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: A Eulogy for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager

Awesome, It is truly a shame that this game was cancelled and I am one of those stories, I had not heard of the game until it had already been cancelled officially by SI Games.

The community is still going strong for this game, but in the near 5 years since EHM's last release there hasn't been anyone who could even carry Riz's skates when it comes to the making of a new game...

It really sucks when you look at how OOTP got picked up by SI Games, and was then cancelled and the rights were bought and it continues as by far the most successful non FM sim.

The difference why OOTP was picked up and why EHM will never be is what made the game so great, it was the hockey FM. The game was so closely similar to the FM engine that it will take more than the market value to pry it away from SI.

But as you said the game is still among the best hockey simulators and an active community keeps it alive with roster updates, and although they heavily dropped the ball on the online aspect, EHM 05 has a somewhat thriving online element that gives users looking for some non AI 30 real life GMs what they are looking for.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: A Eulogy for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager

sorry for double post guys...

I know OS doesn't want us advertising other sites, but since the question was asked...

you can find updated rosters (VERY well done, including aging every player) at:

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14
the recent release of iOOTP for iPhone makes me wish there was an EHM for iPhone/iPad.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
R**k**

druez's Arena

OVR: 13
Here is to hoping they bring this game back one day.

I bought it and I love it.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Bought the game, still play it way too much and it was running when I stumbled across this article.

Would love to see this be brought back... it really offers playability beyond any other sports simulation that I've ever played before.

EHM for iPhone/iPad would be fantastic. I hope SEGA either resurrects the game or releases the rights so that someone can develop the game further.

Great seeing an article about my favorite sim! Thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »