Home

NCAA Football 12 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #73
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 12 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blublub
Perhaps this is all true for the Xbox version, but the PS3 version has loads of framerate issues and other glitches. Unfortunately I opted for the PS3 version.
i haven't noticed any frame rate issues with this game. when are you experiencing them?

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #74
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Everyone has their own opinion, to each his own, but yes I do feel the game plays so different from NCAA11 it's as if they worked two years on it, not one.

For anyone who thinks it's "minor" improvement gameplay wise from NCAA 11 all I can speculate is that anyone saying that did not play very much of either game because I don't see how it's possible to play much of either and hold that opinion..
i think the lack of suction makes it 10 times better than any game in recent history. that one aspect is the most noticeable to me. and i haven't even put many hours into recent games because i haven't bought them for lack of quality. but i remember that when i was playing the ps3 versions of the series that the suction really ruined it. now that it's gone, i feel the game play is years ahead of where it was. so i can agree with you on this.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:28 AM   #75
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Just played my 1st game against the CPU. On the first play of the game, I busted a kick-off return 98 yards. On my 1st punt return, I broke it for 30 yards and then on my 2nd punt return I broke it for 27. However, on my 3rd, the CPU nailed me right after I caught the ball. I NEVER had big returns in NCAA 11. This is interesting!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 03:59 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
i haven't noticed any frame rate issues with this game. when are you experiencing them?
Pretty easy to spot. When you call a timeout often times the game will freeze for a few seconds on PS3. Also, the menus are sluggish yet again this year. For example, in recruiting the menus are big time sluggish. This has always been an issue with NCAA on PS3 because the idiot devs refuse to put in any kind of install to deal with it. The PS3 blu-ray drive just can't stream the data in fast enough while on 360 it's fine since the DVD drive can keep up or of course you can simply install the whole game. Having both versions the 360 version is clearly a better experience. Visually they are about the same but the slowdown and random issues in the PS3 version are a real let down. Haven't had one issue with the 360 one to this point.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #77
Rookie

PlayoffSystemNow's Arena

OVR: 0
I hope formation subs is back, I have NCAA Football 10, and with 2 awesome half backs, i have to manually put them in/out, or play one as a full back. EA Sports had the features right in the ps2/xbox versions, why didn't they just combine all those features with the ps3/xb360 graphics? Because they don't wanna screw themselves outta selling a game the next year, thats why there will always be a favorite feature missing. So that we can dish out $60 every year hoping our feature is in the game..... Atleast thats what I think. Get randomized faces not the same ones over and over. Ten of my players look exaclty the same!!
Old 07-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by abjsuperstar
a 8 or a 8.5 is what id give this game which isn't bad,

I think it's closer to a 7, which was Gamespot's score.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

The game released with a plethora of game bugs and broken aspects and that is not even going into the actually on field game play. This game looks pretty (in replays) but its no more than a 7 for me. The bugs really killed it. Just trying to recruit takes a century now.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2
First NCAA football purchase since 2007 on PS2 ( had madden every year tho). and let me start by saying this game is awesome... i love the effects and the detail on everything... its great i'm going to be addicted so much too it, i may hold off on buying madden for a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »