Home

A Eulogy for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager

This is a discussion on A Eulogy for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #9
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: A Eulogy for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager

what i would like to see honestly is that they still let u buy the game, but at a more reasonable price now that it is 5 years old. They still want like 35 bucks for it.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #10
Staff Writer

kelvinmak's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: A Eulogy for NHL Eastside Hockey Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
what i would like to see honestly is that they still let u buy the game, but at a more reasonable price now that it is 5 years old. They still want like 35 bucks for it.
Yeah I don't get it either, it's pretty silly.

Macheads get screwed over worse though-- if they don't have bootcamp I'm pretty sure they're SOL even if they're willing to fork out the 35.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:22 AM   #11
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
There is so much good stuff in this game that could be utilized in the EA franchise. Better drafting, free agency, trade engine that's realistic (this is key), the whole regen idea is great (that or preplanned draft classes a la HC09), the removal of the "overall" and "potential" rating, ect. Too bad we'll see none of this...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 06:04 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 22
Apparently then stopped making it because the piracy was so insane. But itīs PC, so what to expect.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
I'm thinking the same thing. This game should be $10.00 at the most considering it's age.

Does anyone know what became of the game's original designer? I wonder if he could develop a similiar game outside of Sega. Maybe the whole experience soured him, though.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #14
R**k**

druez's Arena

OVR: 13
I'm pretty sure Riz works at SI Games still but on the FM franchise.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #15
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
If only I could get the IT guy to install this on my work PC... then I could get fired within a week after doing absolutely nothing work related.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
I've most probably played more of EHM 2007 that any other game I've owned. Five years since it's cancellation and the EHM community is still going strong. I don't want to spam OS so I won't mention the URL (Drewst18 mentioned it above), but I've been running an EHM fan site for just over seven years. Even now the community is very busy. There are so many people still interested in EHM. It's such a shame SI hasn't picked up the game again. I have to agree with article - it was poor marketing and not piracy that harmed sales. I've heard mention before that in fact the eLicense system (the copy protection EHM used - as does OOTP) is extremely difficult to crack.

To answer addjbojangle's question; there is still a roster update available for EHM. Do a Google search for "manimal/lidas roster update 2011/12" and you'll find it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »