Home

MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

This is a discussion on MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #217
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
Well, it sounds like they are guessing on the price of the DLC. $20 for what there is yet to be unlocked sounds a little much ($10 for HR derby?).
Ya, My guess would have been half of what it cost for the game for the DLC. But I guess we will see soon.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #218
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaner III
I noticed that I mostly hit weak groundballs with the contact swing. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or if the batting cursor is different from past Power Pros games. In the other PP games I was able to get plenty of solid hits with contact swing. This game seems like you need power swing just to hit a routine flyball to the outfield.
Definitely check the hot/cold zones for all the hitters on your team. You can view these in the player lineup screen. It will improve your hitting a bunch once you're taking advantage of each player's hot zones.

But yeah, there's really no reason not to use the "power swing" exclusively in this game. The risk/reward system is kind of screwed up there.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-11-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #219
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Definitely check the hot/cold zones for all the hitters on your team. You can view these in the player lineup screen. It will improve your hitting a bunch once you're taking advantage of each player's hot zones.

But yeah, there's really no reason not to use the "power swing" exclusively in this game. The risk/reward system is kind of screwed up there.
Well, if it's the same as Power Pros, then it's literally impossible to hit a home run with the contact swing. I really don't like that.

I wish it was more balanced like The Show.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #220
Rookie

OVR: 2

If they want $10 (800 points) for Homerun Derby and Edit player each then I'll skip the Homerun Derby and just buy the Edit player. Which I hope comes out around the trading deadline since that would make sense.. Costing $5 each is reasonable. Then full game will be $20 which is what PP was on the PS2.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #221
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

For the $10 dollar price tag I can live with outdated rosters and what not. I don't see how anyone can complain about that stuff for the price you paid for the game. People seem to be losing sight that its an arcade game and not a retail game.

Gameplay and limited features the game still offers more then some $60 sport titles out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 07:04 AM   #222
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Switch everything to All Star and I'm happy to say the game is giving me a challenge now. On defense you have to pay attention and make sure you are on top of the ball. Also diving and jumping catches aren't as easy to come by. CPU throws more balls and its not as easy to hit. Also nice to see the CPU scoring some runs too.
Well, i tried what you said (everything to All-Star) and started a season with the Red Sox. Couldnīt be more happy with the resultīs of the first game:

Red Sox(me) 7 vs Rangers(cpu) 4

Hits: Me - 11 / CPU - 10

Notes:
- I strucked out 6 times, CPU strucked out 5 times
- John Lackey went 6/2 innings with 79 pitches giving up 1 run
- My relievers gave up the other 3 runs
- Pitchers tire out quickly but there are 2 animations: when he cleans his forehead with his arm he doesnīt seem to loose much control or velocity, however when pitchers start to make that animation where they are gasping for air, the ball is thrown all over the place (nice).
- I got two HRīs (Youk and Ortiz) both with power swing
- I got a triple that hitted the right field wall with CONTACT swing!

Very, very good game!!! However, i would not be able to win with everything in All Star if i wasnīt playing with the Red Sox, im sure...
Old 07-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #223
dsk
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey guys,

I'm a handful of games into this and am getting rocked and am not scoring runs. I've read through all these post and will give a few of these things a try for pitching (using higher rated pitches, not placing the ball where the CPU first places his bat etc..)

I'm on fast pitch speed and struggle to hit with power. Last night I took the advice listed here (not swinging at low pitches and using the power swing and this led to a lot of fly ball outs, but no home runs and few extra base hits.

I'm gonna reset to default difficulties today as i've tinkered a lot with the settings. Maybe letting the settings sit for a couple of days will lead to more consistent results.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 AM   #224
MVP

OVR: 6

Has you can see on my above post, i switched everything to all-star and had a great game, HOWEVER, there is a major difference:

I play in NORMAL pitch speed... fast doesnīt give me enough time to place the bat that well... i play with LOW help in batting

Try normal speed instead of fast...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »