Home

MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

This is a discussion on MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #209
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

Switch everything to All Star and I'm happy to say the game is giving me a challenge now. On defense you have to pay attention and make sure you are on top of the ball. Also diving and jumping catches aren't as easy to come by. CPU throws more balls and its not as easy to hit. Also nice to see the CPU scoring some runs too.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #210
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

In the article (http://www.xboxhornet.com/wordpress/?p=8034), they say we'll have to pay about $30 to get all the features:

Spoiler

Attached is a look at part of the Edit Player feature to be unlocked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bobblehead pros.jpg (80.7 KB, 91 views)
Old 07-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #211
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Well, it sounds like they are guessing on the price of the DLC. $20 for what there is yet to be unlocked sounds a little much ($10 for HR derby?).

Anyway, has anyone noticed that there are players missing from the rosters? K-Rod is missing from the Mets bullpen, which seems a bit odd and inexcusable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
Well, it sounds like they are guessing on the price of the DLC. $20 for what there is yet to be unlocked sounds a little much ($10 for HR derby?).

Anyway, has anyone noticed that there are players missing from the rosters? K-Rod is missing from the Mets bullpen, which seems a bit odd and inexcusable.
Yeah, it's ridiculous not to have K-Rod. The Mets are also missing Ruben Tejada. They probably did it on purpose to force you to buy the "edit player" feature. I'm waiting to start my Mets season since there is no fantasy draft, or create/edit player right now. I wonder how many other players happen to be missing from the game.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #213
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I bet Home Run Derby mode will be up for download Wednesday morning since that's when the marketplace updates.

Nashville Sounds are well-represented in the derby tonight with Rickie Weeks and Prince Fielder making the National League team.

I heard Ryan Braun made the NL all-stars but is still injured and can't play, so that would have been three Sounds alumni on the squad!

Also, if anyone saw what Konami did with the glut of DLC in the recent Castlevania HD game, it's no surprise to see them DLC-ing it up again with Bobblehead Pros.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-11-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #214
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Is there any point to using anything other then "power" swing? I cant even get the ball out of the outfield using a "regular" swing...
Nope.

Power swing all day, baby!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #215
Rookie

Hey guys. Was wondering if there was any way to change the number of innings a game lasts while in season mode? It shows up in the options menu but is grayed out along with the mercy rule and max innings. I'm not a fan of simulating and playing 9 innings for 162 games is a bit much. Definitely a fun little game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #216
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Is there any point to using anything other then "power" swing? I cant even get the ball out of the outfield using a "regular" swing...
I noticed that I mostly hit weak groundballs with the contact swing. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or if the batting cursor is different from past Power Pros games. In the other PP games I was able to get plenty of solid hits with contact swing. This game seems like you need power swing just to hit a routine flyball to the outfield.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »