Home

MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

This is a discussion on MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #193
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

It's amazing for all of this game's flaws just how much fun it is.

I can make a huge list of all the things missing from it, but when I pick up the controller and play, it's a ton of fun!

Just set a new personal best with 3 HRs in a game with Rickie Weeks in a come-from-behind 6 - 7, walk-off-win over the Reds. I was down 6 - 0 after the 2nd inning but just kept chipping away at the lead and came back to win it in on the last swing of the game in the 9th.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #194
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

I've been playing on Pro across the board and think its time to bump up CPU pitching and defense to All Star.

I'm finding it too easy to on defense. If I switch to All Star what effects will I see?
Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #195
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
I've been playing on Pro across the board and think its time to bump up CPU pitching and defense to All Star.

I'm finding it too easy to on defense. If I switch to All Star what effects will I see?
I've moved on to the CPU hitting on ALL STAR. I was pretty much shutting the CPU offense down, and they weren't hitting any HRS om pro. First couple of games on all star were rough, but I'll be able to handle it. You just cannot make any mistakes in the field, and really concentrate pitching wise. Gotta win the turning points and Key batter situations. You gotta yank your pitchers out of there right when they get tired or start getting rocked, or it gets ugly.

I really like the defense. The diving plays, and jumping plays happen here and there, but it's done subtly and not overdone, which makes it even better when you can pull one off. I'm sticking with CPU pitching vs. me on PRO it seems to be realistic at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 02:28 AM   #196
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Is there an option to turn off power swings?

I don't really like having to bounce back and forth between contact and power swing -- it doesn't seem entirely realistic to me. I much prefer the Ken Griffey style cursor hitting, where it's simplified and HRs seem to come more naturally when making solid contact.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:08 AM   #197
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
Is there an option to turn off power swings?

I don't really like having to bounce back and forth between contact and power swing -- it doesn't seem entirely realistic to me. I much prefer the Ken Griffey style cursor hitting, where it's simplified and HRs seem to come more naturally when making solid contact.
There's isn't an option to turn off power swings.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:54 AM   #198
MVP

OVR: 6

Im having a hard time finding a good balance in this game... i can only hit good shotīs whith the power swing!

the cpu NEVER chases a pitch even SLIGHTLY outside the strike zone...

In Pro hitting the CPU scores well BUT never swings at anything that itīs a strike!

And im able to hit well BUT only have power with the Power swing, the Contact swing only hitīs weak shotīs...
Old 07-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #199
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401

I wondered the same thing about the user CPU defense. I just keep it the same as the CPU. Which for me is legend. I just think the user CPU level is for when games are simmed.

Like Weeman stated you can make a huge list of what's missing and issues. It just don't matter bc this game is a blast.

They need to stop the MLB2K series and just make this their baseball sim and then make the bigs as well. They would be better off.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #200
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

So I hit a 380 foot home run yesterday with Brewers pitcher Shaun Marcum, who is rated 1 contact and 50 power. For some reason the pitchers in this game are all on the juice.

My staff's #2 pitcher, Yovani Gallardo, leads my team in batting average for the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »