Home

MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

This is a discussion on MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #153
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

thanks for the response..

i found it just after i made the post.

the game played much better on both sides of the ball, HR's etc went WAAAY down.. that was even with the "little assist" option still turned on. also have the cpu ball cursor off to make it tougher to pick up pitches.

im gonna try, normal pitch speed, and expert cpu pitching. just to see if that makes any difference. or if fast pitch is the way to go for this type of assisted hitting.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #154
Pro

OVR: 9

If there are injuries in season mode I would think there would have to be some sort of expanded roster at the very least. Unless players only get injured in the current game and are fine the next?

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks
Old 07-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #155
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I've yet to see an injury that lasted more than one game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #156
Hall Of Fame

OK, I think I may have found the sweet spot in terms of hitting difficulty after taking down the batting assist a notch down from "little" to "low."

Box score:

Brewers - 1 (7 hits)
Nationals - 2 (6 hits, 2 solo HRs)

Both the HRs I gave up were curve balls that I hung over the middle part of the plate.

I did not hit any home runs for the first time since picking up the game. I really only made solid contact a dozen or so times in the ballgame, which is pretty darn realistic.

"Low" batting assist may be the way to go, when combined with fast pitch speed. I tried turning off the batting assist entirely the game before, but then it was just impossible lol

"Little" is the default batting assist, for those who are wondering.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-08-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
In season mode,,,It looks like you can only get into the CPUS team settings once the game starts. Pause the game,,,go to controller setup,,,then you have access to the other teams settings. See if you can switch them there. I think I am mis interpretting what cursor off is,,,but regardless, going to the CPUS controller setup in the pause menu once you start the game. See if that helps.

Good news is, it looks like whatever changes you make to the CPU team, carries over to all CPU teams when you play them.
OK, I got it to work. Thanks to everyone for figuring it out and helping me.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #158
Pro

OVR: 4

If you can guys, hang in there with the manual fielding. With practice you will get better. The point is, once you get good, it honestly feels like an accomplish and rewarding because feeling is tough, but hang in there if you can.

I've gotten pretty good, and the game really feels like you ultimately have control of the fielders, not canned animations or vacuums, I really like the feel of the gameplay. I'm not even doing a season yet, just random exhbition games to check out the teams and players.

I'm still on default settings and having some great games. Elite pitchers in this game are hard as hell to hit, as they should be.

Just played Twins -vs. CPU Angels and Jered Weaver. Weaver is pretty nasty, His slider is slow, and then breaks very late, really wicked. His curve and change are really slow, than he gets you with the 2 seamer and heat, it was a tough go hitting. 7th Inning it's 0-0, Baker is scattering 7 hits (Good curveball) and I have one hit off of Weaver. Baker gets out of the 2nd and 3rd one out jam, and I win the Turning Point. 8th inning ratings boosted, Mauer singles, Weaver leaves a high slider for Morneau who hits a no doubter, camera angle to behind the catcher, flips the bat, ball goes deep into the black canvas center, must have gone 450 easy. I haven't seen that little camera angle animation yet so it was sweet. Ended up winning 2-0.

Anyone else see the spin throw animation on throws? I've seen it a few times, cool to see because it's not overdone and usually happens when the fielder is going against his body and momentum takes him. I've just seen outfielders do it.

A funny injury message moment was in the 9th - I ran Danny Valencia into the fence near the dugout for a foul ball near the railing, then dove,,,,message pops up "Danny Valencia is injured running into the fence......must leave game". Sorry Danny didn';t mean to dive you into that fence!

Last edited by falcons2003; 07-08-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #159
Hall Of Fame

Halladay is ridiculous to face. Just came across him for the first time, and all his pitches break and drop like halfway across the plate.

I managed to finally get two runs off him in the 6th and 7th innings before the CPU pulled him due to fatigue.

The elite CPU batters will also punish you hard if you leave weak pitches hanging around. Jayson Werth and Ryan Howard have owned me the last two series with Washington and Philly. Don't be afraid to walk the big hitters!

And yeah, these settings are the way to go if you want a realistic, challenging hitting experience:

Quote:
fast pitch speed
CPU pitch cursor off
"low" batting assist

default everything else

Last edited by jyoung; 07-08-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #160
Hall Of Fame

Finally was able to get into an online quick match today.

The lag was much better than it was in the private match I had with bluengold.

I was hitting like crazy and managed to put up 11 runs before the game ended in the 7th inning due to the 10-run online mercy rule.

I wasn't sure if the other guy was lagging or not, because Gallardo struck out 16 throwing mostly simple fastballs and changeups.

One weird thing I noticed is that I couldn't start Greinke in this game because he had the "sadface" icon. Maybe it randomizes your player statuses before each quick match? I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Dude I played against was Boston, and man, the ballparks are just beautifully recreated in this game. Shame that the rest of the presentation is so lacking.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-09-2011 at 03:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »