Home

Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #121
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
What i didn't like about the article was comments like "get real", "some people are never happy" and crap like that. I feel articles can be written without snide remarks being added to belittle the people who may dare think the opposite of you.

While i agree with the premise of the article that the demo didn't feel like a NCAA 11.5. I disagree with what i feel was a secondary premise that 2011 was a great game. A football game where the zone defense didn't work, the QBs didn't run, and where many of the stats were jacked right off the bat isn't a great game to me. I won't begrudge anyone who loved it and i also won't belittle anyone who disagrees with me over it.

For those that state- some people can never be happy. Does this comfort you? I wasn't happy with NCAA 11 but i loved playing Demon's Souls this winter, or uncharted 2, or MLB the show and many other games. Just because someone doesn't post happy thoughts on this board about this one game doesn't mean they are a picky a-hole who lives to point out issues. They just are not happy with that particular game/series and since we only have EA football games to represented the most popular sport in the United States, i can relate to that frustration.

I personally come to this forum less and less. I remember when topics were actually discussed here and not just some polarizing game of haters and defenders. I sure hope that changes.
Totally agree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
What i didn't like about the article was comments like "get real", "some people are never happy" and crap like that. I feel articles can be written without snide remarks being added to belittle the people who may dare think the opposite of you.

While i agree with the premise of the article that the demo didn't feel like a NCAA 11.5. I disagree with what i feel was a secondary premise that 2011 was a great game. A football game where the zone defense didn't work, the QBs didn't run, and where many of the stats were jacked right off the bat isn't a great game to me. I won't begrudge anyone who loved it and i also won't belittle anyone who disagrees with me over it.

For those that state- some people can never be happy. Does this comfort you? I wasn't happy with NCAA 11 but i loved playing Demon's Souls this winter, or uncharted 2, or MLB the show and many other games. Just because someone doesn't post happy thoughts on this board about this one game doesn't mean they are a picky a-hole who lives to point out issues. They just are not happy with that particular game/series and since we only have EA football games to represented the most popular sport in the United States, i can relate to that frustration.

I personally come to this forum less and less. I remember when topics were actually discussed here and not just some polarizing game of haters and defenders. I sure hope that changes.
This is what I meant. I did not mean to target you, specifically, Chase, nor was I trying to belittle anyone. And If I did do either of those things, then I am truly sorry. I am just overwhelmed with frustration because this game is ripe with potential, but never seems to live up to it.

I am not here to try and compare NCAA 12 to APF2k8, or NFL 2k5 or anything. Those are tired arguments that have been beaten to a pulp.

I do completely agree about the NBA 2k11 sentiment. It is similar with MLB 11: The Show. Where you must utilize teams strengths and weaknesses to win. There is little strategy in NCAA. Like I have mentioned previously about the demo w/ Oregon, the ducks should be a NIGHTMARE to play against. Darron Thomas and LaMichael James should be running zone reads down my throat and option runs until I stop them. I should not be able to run a base cover 3 and have my defensive linemen shoot into the backfield to shut them down. Unless I am playing as a bigger, stronger defensive line, like Auburn had in the national title game last year, that held the Ducks to a season-low 75 yds rushing, LaMichael and Darron should account for a MINIMUM of 150 yds rushing.

This is where I think this franchise needs a dose of real-time physics. While other games may be able to get away w/ canned animations and the user still be able to utilize the team's strengths and weaknesses, this series can no longer go that route. I should notice a HUGE difference when Oregon goes up against New Mexico versus Texas. There is no real, discernible difference in the game, other than sometimes the Texas defensive linemen are programmed to beat the Oregon offensive linemen more often to stop me. That is just what is incredibly frustrating. In order for me to stop Oregon offensively, I should have to have bigger, stronger defensive linemen than Auburn did to penetrate and disrupt their mis-direction.

I am not going to bore you with all the details that need to be fixed, but recruiting needs to MEAN something. If I take over Eastern Michigan, and focus my recruiting on the Defensive line to get bigger and stronger, I should be better at stopping the run, not just because of higher ratings, so they are programmed to "win" the trench battle more often, but because size and weight actually matter. My 75 rated defensive tackle who is 6'4, 321 (just a random example) should give MAC offenses fits and they should have to gameplan to stop him. Whereas, if I go up against a big-10 defense, he can be easily shut down w/ double team blocks against Wisconsin, but he should still cause some gameplanning.

It is just little football nuances which make the game infinitely more realistic and play like football that can be improved forever and will get rid of a lot of complaints with physics and not programmed responses and canned animations. That is where this game is so frustrating sometimes.

Again, if I singled anyone out, or was offensive to anyone, I do really apologize, especially you, Chase. I just feel like sometimes you give these guys too much credit. But it's ok. That's how you feel.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
This is what I meant. I did not mean to target you, specifically, Chase, nor was I trying to belittle anyone. And If I did do either of those things, then I am truly sorry. I am just overwhelmed with frustration because this game is ripe with potential, but never seems to live up to it.

I am not here to try and compare NCAA 12 to APF2k8, or NFL 2k5 or anything. Those are tired arguments that have been beaten to a pulp.

I do completely agree about the NBA 2k11 sentiment. It is similar with MLB 11: The Show. Where you must utilize teams strengths and weaknesses to win. There is little strategy in NCAA. Like I have mentioned previously about the demo w/ Oregon, the ducks should be a NIGHTMARE to play against. Darron Thomas and LaMichael James should be running zone reads down my throat and option runs until I stop them. I should not be able to run a base cover 3 and have my defensive linemen shoot into the backfield to shut them down. Unless I am playing as a bigger, stronger defensive line, like Auburn had in the national title game last year, that held the Ducks to a season-low 75 yds rushing, LaMichael and Darron should account for a MINIMUM of 150 yds rushing.

This is where I think this franchise needs a dose of real-time physics. While other games may be able to get away w/ canned animations and the user still be able to utilize the team's strengths and weaknesses, this series can no longer go that route. I should notice a HUGE difference when Oregon goes up against New Mexico versus Texas. There is no real, discernible difference in the game, other than sometimes the Texas defensive linemen are programmed to beat the Oregon offensive linemen more often to stop me. That is just what is incredibly frustrating. In order for me to stop Oregon offensively, I should have to have bigger, stronger defensive linemen than Auburn did to penetrate and disrupt their mis-direction.

I am not going to bore you with all the details that need to be fixed, but recruiting needs to MEAN something. If I take over Eastern Michigan, and focus my recruiting on the Defensive line to get bigger and stronger, I should be better at stopping the run, not just because of higher ratings, so they are programmed to "win" the trench battle more often, but because size and weight actually matter. My 75 rated defensive tackle who is 6'4, 321 (just a random example) should give MAC offenses fits and they should have to gameplan to stop him. Whereas, if I go up against a big-10 defense, he can be easily shut down w/ double team blocks against Wisconsin, but he should still cause some gameplanning.

It is just little football nuances which make the game infinitely more realistic and play like football that can be improved forever and will get rid of a lot of complaints with physics and not programmed responses and canned animations. That is where this game is so frustrating sometimes.

Again, if I singled anyone out, or was offensive to anyone, I do really apologize, especially you, Chase. I just feel like sometimes you give these guys too much credit. But it's ok. That's how you feel.
Good post.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #124
Pro

OVR: 5

This was the biggest waste of an article...they all answered exactly how you would expect them to answer
Old 07-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #125
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I think what people are upset about is the fact that almost every other sports game today is blowing by EA's football games.

NBA2k, FIFA and NHL (EA Canada), and SCEA's MLB The Show.

These guys above are lightyears ahead of EA Madden and EA NCAA in almost every single possible way a sports game can be developed. Graphics, presentation, gameplay, features, animations, etc.

When NBA2k11 released it was like a gold mine and argueably one of the best sports games ever created. The FIFA games the past few years have been truely amazing. NHL is stepping up now and making it better. Let's not even discuss The Show. There's just no comparison.

This is what the problem is. I'm not downgrading NCAA 12, but after playing the demo it did feel like I was playing NCAA 11. I know there's some new features, but the gameplay felt the same to me. I'll wait until the release of the game but by then I would have had already spent my $60 and can't get that back.

If I go strictly by the demo and what the demo offers me to make my game purchase I would not buy the game. Just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #126
Rookie

BeaverBeliever97267's Arena

OVR: 5
NCAA 11 best one of this generation...yes. 12 is huge improvement...no. Better game than 11...yes. Me excited...definitely!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »