Home

Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-02-2011, 01:08 AM   #97
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Yes, you are not knowledgeable of the game. Is NCAA at the point where it should be? Probably not, but there have definitely been improvements since this gen started. NCAA 11 was the biggest jump in terms of gameplay this gen and so far NCAA 12 is the biggest jump in Dynasty and RTG this gen.

NCAA 12 is not that big of a jump gameplay wise from NCAA 11, but they're there and if you are saying you don't see them, well, that is because you are trying not to. NCAA 12 polished the gameplay from 11 and then added on to the career modes.

We've received a Coach Carousel, entire HS seasons, iron man football, coach's trust, new ways of using TeamBuilder in game, etc. in the RTG and Dynasty modes, yet you say they're untouched. That pretty much can be translated into you blindly putting the game down.

I get it, you don't like the NCAA series and probably not EA either. You love your 2k games, but don't sit here and continually say stuff that is completely false. It makes you look silly and you lose all credibility quick.
Look silly? Not likely. I am not anti-EA...I'm just calling a spade a spade. Coaching carousel is very minimal after 6+yrs on next gen....I'm well aware of what they added...I am also well aware that NCAA 11 was a pretty good game, just not anywhere near where it should be at this point in Next Gen. I acknowledged the tackling system has been changed with the lack of suction and that is a great thing! But let us not act like NCAA 12 is about to be a mind blowing game. I am on these forums year after year when EA releases it's annual football games, and the same people who rush to defend it are complaining about it within weeks of its release. RTG will yet again appear to be untouched and lack the polish necessary for a game at this point in our systems life span. Say what you like, you may not like what I have to say, but I can back it up line for line. I've been playing EA SPorts for over 20years....I know what they are capable of and this is not it. Players have NO weight to them especially in switching directions when running. the Foot-planting is horrid....and the commentary/presentation is far behind. look at the last gen PS2/xbox games...EA's Football games were top notch in the gameplay department....
Old 07-02-2011, 01:34 AM   #98
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

So just because we are 6 years into this gen the Coach Carousel is nothing big anymore? Had it been put in last year would it have been a big addition? That reason makes no sense, almost like you're stretching for something that just isn't there...

No one is saying NCAA 12 is going to be mind blowing. Why was NCAA 11 such a good game? Was it because everything was perfected finally or just because it was such a big step up from what we had received in 07 through 10? The latter. Most people here will agree NCAA 11 was one of, if not, the best in the series even including last gen. NCAA 12 did not need to make so many changes over 11 like we needed from 10 to 11. NCAA 11 finally gave us good gameplay and now 12 is building off that by making zones better, making the AI smarter and more realistic, drastically reducing suction, and adding on to the career modes.

And how can you keep saying RTG is untouched? If anything, it was what received the most additions. You can now play your HS season in RTG, both sides of the ball, you earn your coach's trust, you now get better in a more RPG like way, etc. To say it is untouched leads me to believe I was correct and you are blindly bashing the game.

Please back up what you're saying. You said you can, I want to see how you can sit here and tell me RTG and Dynasty will be "virtually the same."

― Plato
Old 07-02-2011, 01:44 AM   #99
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
So just because we are 6 years into this gen the Coach Carousel is nothing big anymore? Had it been put in last year would it have been a big addition? That reason makes no sense, almost like you're stretching for something that just isn't there...

No one is saying NCAA 12 is going to be mind blowing. Why was NCAA 11 such a good game? Was it because everything was perfected finally or just because it was such a big step up from what we had received in 07 through 10? The latter. Most people here will agree NCAA 11 was one of, if not, the best in the series even including last gen. NCAA 12 did not need to make so many changes over 11 like we needed from 10 to 11. NCAA 11 finally gave us good gameplay and now 12 is building off that by making zones better, making the AI smarter and more realistic, drastically reducing suction, and adding on to the career modes.

And how can you keep saying RTG is untouched? If anything, it was what received the most additions. You can now play your HS season in RTG, both sides of the ball, you earn your coach's trust, you now get better in a more RPG like way, etc. To say it is untouched leads me to believe I was correct and you are blindly bashing the game.

Please back up what you're saying. You said you can, I want to see how you can sit here and tell me RTG and Dynasty will be "virtually the same."
Canes21 Bruh, I respect your opinion, but I am going to wait until the full game is released and I will get back to you. That way I am not going to be said to be just judging the demo....fair enough? If I am wrong, then I will be wrong and I will HAPPILY be wrong. I am a fan of NCAA and Madden Football, however I just want to see real progress...Coaching Carousel is a great addition, however yes I do feel there needs to be a TON more at this point...not meaning to demean the "newer" additions. So all I am going to say is we will see. 7/12/11
Old 07-02-2011, 02:33 AM   #100
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Umm Im sorry I completely disagree with the premise that NCAA and Madden aren't 2nd Tier Sports Games

-Nba 2k11/The Show
-Nhl/Fifa
-Forza/GT

I easily rank all those games a Class above EAs football titles.....

The true innovations are few and far between....especially when it comes to gameplay....

And Honestly even though Im guilty of overrating it too.....NCAA 11 really isn't all that great....its just the 1st NG title that approached the "old school" era video gamey fun.....which is sad because in 2011 we should be getting something much deeper and polished

And the whole 2k thing draws such a big debate/point of contention around here because

1. Of Course the Exclusive License stuff.....Its no coincidence that those games I listed has or had tough competition to drive them each year

2. The 2k Football games strengths are EAs biggest weaknesses
Player Movement(Foot Planting with realistic slow down and start up)
Line Play(Pass Rush)
Presentation(In Game Specifically..Stats with Appropriate Commentary)

And the AI....Debatable but leads me to my next point...

2ks games are stocked full with Custom User Settings/Sliders....To ensure that you can find the right settings for you....And Hell you even got guys who have come up with their own tools online to customize/edit even further

I can fully understand how people who loved those things in 2k Football would be tired of seeing EA so poorly represent them in their games.........

I mean EA does those things so bad its like EA is intentionally trying to send a message to hardcore 2k fans to not even bother and say that....."Your Game is never Coming back"

Im such a huge football fan that Ive learned to live with it and have found a way to enjoy EAs recent football games....but I wish I could enjoy more of the actual games themselves

We'll see with Madden this year....looks like they're trying to take a big swing at truly being great....But until further notice NCAA/Madden are still standing on the sidelines waiting to go in, when it comes to how they stack up to the elite of the Sports Game Genre

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 07-02-2011 at 02:47 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #101
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Umm Im sorry I completely disagree with the premise that NCAA and Madden aren't 2nd Tier Sports Games

-Nba 2k11/The Show
-Nhl/Fifa
-Forza/GT

The true innovations are few and far between....especially when it comes to gameplay....

And Honestly even though Im guilty of overrating it too.....NCAA 11 really isn't all that great....its just the 1st NG title that approached the "old school" era video gamey fun.....which is sad because in 2011 we should be getting something much deeper and polished

And the whole 2k thing draws such a big debate/point of contention around here because

1. Of Course the Exclusive License stuff.....Its no coincidence that those games I listed has or had tough competition to drive them each year

Line Play(Pass Rush)

2ks games are stocked full with Custom User Settings/Sliders....To ensure that you can find the right settings for you....And Hell you even got guys who have come up with their own tools online to customize/edit even further

I can fully understand how people who loved those things in 2k Football would be tired of seeing EA so poorly represent them in their games.........

I mean EA does those things so bad its like EA is intentionally trying to send a message to hardcore 2k fans to not even bother and say that....."Your Game is never Coming back"

Im such a huge football fan that Ive learned to live with it and have found a way to enjoy EAs recent football games....but I wish I could enjoy more of the actual games themselves

We'll see with Madden this year....looks like they're trying to take a big swing at truly being great....But until further notice NCAA/Madden are still standing on the sidelines waiting to go in, when it comes to how they stack up to the elite of the Sports Game Genre
Excellent post. Pretty much every phrase was correct. Presentation, player movement, custom settings, etc are all very poorly done in EA sports football titles. Thing is, out of all the good additions, those three things are the major ticket items IMO that I'm still waiting on and we're going on 8 years now.

A.I. was another one but it seems they might have tweaked that a bit so I took that one off of my list. Yea I had 4 gripes now its down to 3. 3 VERY important things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 07:40 AM   #102
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Canes21 Bruh, I respect your opinion, but I am going to wait until the full game is released and I will get back to you. That way I am not going to be said to be just judging the demo....fair enough? If I am wrong, then I will be wrong and I will HAPPILY be wrong. I am a fan of NCAA and Madden Football, however I just want to see real progress...Coaching Carousel is a great addition, however yes I do feel there needs to be a TON more at this point...not meaning to demean the "newer" additions. So all I am going to say is we will see. 7/12/11
There's nothing left to see man. The main thing you and I are speaking about, people are ignoring right now. Player feel/movement. The players still float around with no illusion of mass/weight. That is not a passing thing that you can ignore, you're going to see this EVERY second that you're playing the game. Its been 8 years.

I read somewhere that the devs are keeping the movement twitchy like that to appease the tournament crowd. Dont know if its true or not, but I do know its still not fixed.

I recall it was either 2k3 or 2k4 football that moved like that also. Folks couldn't STAND that ****. Then they fixed it for 2k5. Madden last gen never had this problem, thats why I'm baffled as to why it is like this now.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #103
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

This read as a sales pitch for NCAA Football 12. I will get the game but if it plays anything like NCAA Football 11 then I (the vocal minority) will have something to say.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #104
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

-Nba 2k11/The Show
-Nhl/Fifa
-Forza/GT

Line Play(Pass Rush)

I will go one step further and ask why in the article are we even saying it is better than All Pro football when they are two different games? It is definitely not a unbiased article and I am very cautious of this because we have been steered wrong before. Not saying intentionally but more like how many of us are when we get something new. It is cool and exciting and after a few we begin to realize how much the game is lacking.

One can look at the glass half empty or half full. I am the minority who wants them to fix the glaring AI problems before adding bells and whistles. Is that really too much to ask? For the record..........I am going to download the demo to see for myself but these articles lack both sides to the story and that is concerning.

Last edited by Rules; 07-02-2011 at 09:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »