Home

MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

This is a discussion on MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now (XBLA)

PA announcer volume can be tweaked.

There are separate volume controls for a bunch of stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #26
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Fielding is absolutely awful,pitching is below average and the AI NEVER chases.

Failed at making a routine grounder to 3rd and what should've been a routine around the horn double play that didn't get either of them. One of those counted as an error.

It was nice to see the water actually splash on a Panda HR,Posey hit the bottle and even Timmy dropped one dead center.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #27
Rookie

aga11ah's Arena

OVR: 5

lol I put it on Just Swing batting and won 36-0 against all-star pitching. yikes. was fun though. 4 HR's each with McCann/Heyward/Uggla

I suck with normal hitting though
Old 07-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 4

I actually like the challenge with fielding.

-We are used to preloading are throws on other games, so that's what's causing the dives,,,I just need more practice with that.

-Fielding is tough, and very sensitive on the stick. But I do like that. Again I think we are used to other baseall games where it has the vacuum effect and you just need to get your player close to the ball to start the animation.,,not gonna work here.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #29
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

If the fielding is just like MLB Power Pros, I adore that style for this game and have no problem with it. I can laugh at the mistakes that I make, and laugh harder when making a great play.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #30
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Pitch movement has been greatly exaggerated compared to PP2008 and I kind of like that decision. I thought breaking balls were a little too flat in the previous releases. The curveballs that Gavin Floyd throws in that video look like they're thrown with a wiffle ball. I love it.

I'm guessing player abilities (Hot Hitter, Contact Hitter, Refined, etc.) have been removed since I'm not seeing cursors shrink or grow depending on count. That's a shame but in no way a game breaker. That this seems to be Power Pros with a little work done to it is pretty much the best surprise I could have hoped for in sports gaming this summer. Can't wait to throw some money at this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
If the fielding is just like MLB Power Pros, I adore that style for this game and have no problem with it. I can laugh at the mistakes that I make, and laugh harder when making a great play.
I got used to it after a while with 2007 and 2008. It wasn't perfect but it works just fine IMO. Maybe that was only because I logged several hundred games played over those two releases.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Can't beat the value for $10. While not as deep as the past games its still a blast to play. Which is exactly what I was hoping for. Being able to play online should make it even more fun. Best $10 I've spent in the marketplace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #32
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Can't beat the value for $10. While not as deep as the past games its still a blast to play. Which is exactly what I was hoping for. Being able to play online should make it even more fun. Best $10 I've spent in the marketplace.
Couldn't agree more if I wanted. I have already played 13 games and its still delivering the same amount of fun. It has it's little quirks, but so did Power Pros. Other than the hits being a little high, I have actually had some really wide ranging games so far as scores go.

4 games into my season with the Cubs

Game 1 Cubs 7 Pirates 3

Game 2 Pirates 3 Cubs 2

Game 3 Pirates 6 Cubs 4

Game 4 Cubs 5 DBacks 2

I am playing this game on default season settings, which is normal across the board.

Carlos Pena is my leading home run hitter with 2, and also with 4 RBI. I have 4 home-runs as a team, and have given up 2 as a staff. I got 5 games into my first season, and realized you have to create a profile, or you can't save your season.....so, needless to say, we had to start the season over again.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 07-06-2011 at 04:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »