Home

Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-03-2011, 02:06 AM   #113
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I think you would hear some people say that they did add some customization this year.
I don't know if you've had the chance to visit/read about some of the fixes we've found editing player ratings up or down.

We have actual fixes/improvements for many of the Gameplay issues that many gamers are complaining about.

Even video's are provided as proof in some threads to show that these are not fly-by thoughts being thrown around.

I guess when Ben stated that the reason we couldn't/they would provide a Recruit/Player Editor to improve the game was because of how some "Online Cheaters" would use/abuse it, that just felt like a "Shank" in the back to alot of gamers that spent hours/days to find such fixes to cover the Dev's back by improving the game.

If you get a chance, visit one of the threads by Playmaker or GotMadSkillz and see what we've found and are discussing.

Maybe having a writer like yourself do a write-up about what we've found might capture the Dev's attention and help the cause.

If they would simply give us the Editing ability, we would take this game to the next level.

Last edited by khaliib; 07-03-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:42 AM   #114
(PS3) Madden 13

mirrored32's Arena

OVR: 18
Excellent write up! it addresses the debate on the range of responses that are from 'junk' to 'best game ever' and how they are perceived and accepted/denied. One thing that is not in denial is there is plenty of opinion to go around and that shows a ton of interest response for the game. It means the game is desired and wanted being these ranges of thoughts are out there.

Though there are often a minority of responses out that are unconstructive, I think the debate of NCAA 12 being a worthy follow up to NCAA 11 is really a perception of what is the expectation for a new game EVERY YEAR.

IMO I think NCAA 12 have major improvements. #1 non suction blocking #2 real 3d lights #4 Coaching Carousel #5 new game track feature #6 team entrances.

But this aside, I wonder if the game play 'graphics' as in 'banners' etc feel old? is this a reason people feel it isn't 'new' enough? perhaps that there are some cut scenes that were reused, and some feels to the score graphics that make it feel the same? I am not sure. but something to consider non the less.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #115
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I don't know if you've had the chance to visit/read about some of the fixes we've found editing player ratings up or down.

We have actual fixes/improvements for many of the Gameplay issues that many gamers are complaining about.

Even video's are provided as proof in some threads to show that these are not fly-by thoughts being thrown around.

I guess when Ben stated that the reason we couldn't/they would provide a Recruit/Player Editor to improve the game was because of how some "Online Cheaters" would use/abuse it, that just felt like a "Shank" in the back to alot of gamers that spent hours/days to find such fixes to cover the Dev's back by improving the game.

If you get a chance, visit one of the threads by Playmaker or GotMadSkillz and see what we've found and are discussing.

Maybe having a writer like yourself do a write-up about what we've found might capture the Dev's attention and help the cause.

If they would simply give us the Editing ability, we would take this game to the next level.
Spoke with Ben a few weeks back and he let me know they are looking into providing a patch for NCAA12 that will allow for complete player rating editing in dynasty. Not a guarantee that we will see it, but it sounded very,very promising.

Contrary to popular belief the devs ARE listening. In fact, Ben was the one who brought the topic of a ratings editor up to me at E3 before I could even mention it. They are pretty passionate about the games they make, just like we are.

Last edited by Bumble14; 07-03-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #116
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Spoke with Ben a few weeks back and he let me know they are looking into providing a patch for NCAA12 that will allow for complete player rating editing in dynasty. Not a guarantee that we will see it, but it sounded very,very promising.

Contrary to popular belief the devs ARE listening. They are pretty passionate about the games they make, just like we are.
Now you're going to get everyone's hopes up, haha.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #117
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14

Contrary to popular belief the devs ARE listening. In fact, Ben was the one who brought the topic of a ratings editor up to me at E3 before I could even mention it. They are pretty passionate about the games they make, just like we are.
Well since I don't drink alcohol, if he does, I'll send him a pack of my favorite kool-aid (tropical punch).
I don't even share this with my wife and kid, so it's a pretty big deal.

I really hope he changes his mind on this one.
Such access will take this game to another level.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #118
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
I disagree with the writers....its not that "It's people like this that frustrate me the most"......are not knowledgeable of gameplay...they are just calling it like it is. NCAA is SEVERELY underachieving. I do not want to hear next year...or next gen. And most certainly do not compare anything in the EA series to NBA 2K11 or NFL 2K5...they are not in the same realm. NCAA 11 was the best college football game this gen because it has no competition...AP2K8 wipes the floor with it. NCAA 12 DOES feel like 11.5 because the commentary is a decade old, most of the intros this year were in last years game...RTG has virtually NO improvements and the Franchise Mode is the same. So no it is not that we are "never happy"...we just happen to know what real football plays like. When you play NBA 2K11...you can't just play it like a "game" on simulation mode...you must play NBA Basketball...in NCAA Football, there is little strategy involved. Teams don't utilize their strengths and take advantage of superior match-ups.

Yes I am glad EA got rid of suction blocking...so far as I can tell in the DEMO, but there are a TON of other gameplay elements missing and I'm tired of reading articles such as this one, dismissing the fact that EA has done next to nothing over the course of this gen. This article is most certainly written in a biased tone and is out to push an agenda.....mmmmm....the thought of that @OS.....smh. #EverybodyhasanOpinion
I agree with you somewhat. I would've thought given that this game has been out for 6 years on the current gen of consoles, that things like a physics-based tackling or all of the FCS schools would've been added in by now. I can understand the game being barebones for its first or second iteration on this current gen, but there should've been many more improvements made before NCAA 11 came out. NCAA 7-10 is a long time to go before any major additions were made.

EA will never admit it, but I feel like this game runs on a staggered development cycle. One year they put in a million new features, and the next year they only have marginal improvements. I bet you NCAA 13 has as many new features and improvements as 11 did.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:13 AM   #119
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22
Excellent voices of reason
Old 07-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #120
All Star

OVR: 24

What i didn't like about the article was comments like "get real", "some people are never happy" and crap like that. I feel articles can be written without snide remarks being added to belittle the people who may dare think the opposite of you.

While i agree with the premise of the article that the demo didn't feel like a NCAA 11.5. I disagree with what i feel was a secondary premise that 2011 was a great game. A football game where the zone defense didn't work, the QBs didn't run, and where many of the stats were jacked right off the bat isn't a great game to me. I won't begrudge anyone who loved it and i also won't belittle anyone who disagrees with me over it.

For those that state- some people can never be happy. Does this comfort you? I wasn't happy with NCAA 11 but i loved playing Demon's Souls this winter, or uncharted 2, or MLB the show and many other games. Just because someone doesn't post happy thoughts on this board about this one game doesn't mean they are a picky a-hole who lives to point out issues. They just are not happy with that particular game/series and since we only have EA football games to represented the most popular sport in the United States, i can relate to that frustration.

I personally come to this forum less and less. I remember when topics were actually discussed here and not just some polarizing game of haters and defenders. I sure hope that changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »