Home

MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #729
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
Opinions are like...nevermind. That ESPN article was from today. Proof is in the pudding my friend.

I'm not saying he can't rake against HS, JUCO and low A pitching and that he has some very serious talent, but this is not the first and probably not the last case of this guy having a maturity issue.
If you think that is "proof" then you need to reevaluate the way that you disseminate information.

Do you think that ESPN is a legitimate source for stories like these? Do you think that they fairly report these types of stories?

Most of the people who get caught up on these issues do so because they've been conditioned by the tabloid mainstream sports media where things are never put into context, large portions of stories and many important parts of stories like these are often ignored due to hack writing and poor reporting due to ignorance of the facts.

Sure, it would be better for everyone if Bryce just ignored these things, but major leaguers usually don't get knocked on for retaliating and standing up for themselves on the field like Bryce has. Bryce doesn't initiate these things. Even if he did, it's not an indication that he is a "bad guy" or that he is "very mentally unstable" as was stated about him in a couple of previous posts.

Last edited by Jason_19; 06-07-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #730
MVP

OVR: 26

Can you import a player from the Player Vault once you've started a franchise? I was wondering if it was possible to edit a player, export him to the Vault, and then import him over draftees.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #731
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

I actually just saw a story on espn that showed Harper blowing a kiss at the opposing pitcher after he hit a homerun. They said the nationals MLB players said they think Harper is too cocky and needs to go through the process to be humbled and get his mind straight. No doubt he's going to be unreal, just how he does it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #732
All Star

authentic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
Opinions are like...nevermind. That ESPN article was from today. Proof is in the pudding my friend.

I'm not saying he can't rake against HS, JUCO and low A pitching and that he has some very serious talent, but this is not the first and probably not the last case of this guy having a maturity issue.
I agree with you 100%.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #733
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I actually just saw a story on espn that showed Harper blowing a kiss at the opposing pitcher after he hit a homerun. They said the nationals MLB players said they think Harper is too cocky and needs to go through the process to be humbled and get his mind straight. No doubt he's going to be unreal, just how he does it.
What I stated in my previous post was in direct response to how that story is being reported.

Should Harper have blown him a kiss or stood there admiring his home run? No, he shouldn't have blown him a kiss and standing there admiring a home run is debatable, but the other team started all of this. Harper was hit the day before, thrown at in the first inning of the game that he blew the pitcher a kiss in and stared down by the pitcher while he was in the dugout on more than one occasion.

You probably won't find that information on ESPN or the majority of the other sports networks. That's one reason why everyone should stop getting their sports "infotainment" from ESPN.

This Harper hating and criticizing is getting real old real quick, just like the LeBron hating.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:38 PM   #734
MVP

mpbaseball22's Arena

OVR: 14

I respected what you said Jason, until you compared this to Lebron. There is nothing good about Lebum, yet Harper still has potential to be great.

And seriously.. toss your bat.. swear at him.. flip him the finger.. but he blew him a kiss?

PS. I dont want this thread to get locked or whatever so try to keep it on the whole Stats and Attributes discussion
Old 06-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #735
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbaseball22
I respected what you said Jason, until you compared this to Lebron. There is nothing good about Lebum, yet Harper still has potential to be great.

And seriously.. toss your bat.. swear at him.. flip him the finger.. but he blew him a kiss?

PS. I dont want this thread to get locked or whatever so try to keep it on the whole Stats and Attributes discussion
I didn't compare this to the LeBron situation. I compared this to the LeBron hating. Those are two completely different and separate issues.

While there's nothing personal going on here, I do agree. This shouldn't even be discussed in this thread.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 07:37 AM   #736
All Star

authentic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
What I stated in my previous post was in direct response to how that story is being reported.

Should Harper have blown him a kiss or stood there admiring his home run? No, he shouldn't have blown him a kiss and standing there admiring a home run is debatable, but the other team started all of this. Harper was hit the day before, thrown at in the first inning of the game that he blew the pitcher a kiss in and stared down by the pitcher while he was in the dugout on more than one occasion.

You probably won't find that information on ESPN or the majority of the other sports networks. That's one reason why everyone should stop getting their sports "infotainment" from ESPN.

This Harper hating and criticizing is getting real old real quick, just like the LeBron hating.
I did know he was thrown at, didn't know he was hit the day before. What he's going to learn is that these things aren't helping his cause.What he'll learn is just to let his actions that are resulted on the scoreboard speak for itself. I don't hate Harper, I honestly want him to be very successful because he's worked his tail off to get where he is. I just want to see him do it in all the right ways, ya know? I won't even start with Lebron being a hardcore NBA fan. Either way, Harper is going to be a great player, probably starting in the OF in 2012, I just hope he makes a positive showing on the national stage when he dos get the call up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »