Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #297
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

I don't know. I really want to like this game. But I just saw a pitcher walk 10 in a row and the manager has not taken him out. I'm sitting here typing and it's just ball after ball lol. Oh hey the manager just took him out woo. I don't know what it is but since the patch i'm killing the cpu. The pitching is really terrible. I can hit everything. Before the patch I was getting good games on allstar. I go to legend and it's the other way around so I'm guessing this is a slider issue, but it's still out of whack seriously. This isn't normal stuff I'm seeing.

It seems like since the patch the game is much more unbalanced. The game is smoother but it's stuff like this I wasn't seeing before.

Last edited by Celtic34; 06-01-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #298
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Quote:
Originally Posted by loloben
I saw there was an injury bug thread, is there really a injury bug?
If you ask me, not really. People were complaining because they were getting a lot of injuries, but it was pretty true to life when it was all whittled down.

After the patch it is toned down quite a bit, so you won't have this "problem" now. Besides, there is an injury slider that can help you out.

When it comes to sliders, this game has them all.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #299
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic34
I don't know. I really want to like this game. But I just saw a pitcher walk 10 in a row and the manager has not taken him out. I'm sitting here typing and it's just ball after ball lol. Oh hey the manager just took him out woo. I don't know what it is but since the patch i'm killing the cpu. The pitching is really terrible. I can hit everything. Before the patch I was getting good games on allstar. I go to legend and it's the other way around so I'm guessing this is a slider issue, but it's still out of whack seriously. This isn't normal stuff I'm seeing.

It seems like since the patch the game is much more unbalanced. The game is smoother but it's stuff like this I wasn't seeing before.
You might try messing with your sliders. If you had them set before the patch, some of the fixes they did may have thrown the balance out of whack. Just go back and balance as necessary. Heck, it takes about 5 minutes to do but it makes your $60 purchase more than worth it when you can play the game YOU want.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #300
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardswin2006
You might try messing with your sliders. If you had them set before the patch, some of the fixes they did may have thrown the balance out of whack. Just go back and balance as necessary. Heck, it takes about 5 minutes to do but it makes your $60 purchase more than worth it when you can play the game YOU want.
I'm playing on default allstar that's the thing. I find it weird i'm the only person seeing this. I'm seriously killing the ball and score like 4 runs an inning every inning every game. It's that bad, where I figured someone else would have seen this. It wasn't this way at all before the patch. It's like allstar is totally horked. The thing is when you change the difficulty it just changes the slider settings so its not like pro and allstar got mixed up or reversed. I checked that too. Pro and Allstar are now ridiculously easy whereas LEgend is ridiculously hard.

I'm seriousally going from beating the cpu 30-0 to losing 20-6 if i change between Allstar and Legend. There's something not right.

Last edited by Celtic34; 06-01-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #301
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

Seems to be a new bug with teams and stats not showing up on some of the "top teams in the league in X stat".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #302
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I'm playing on default allstar that's the thing. I find it weird i'm the only person seeing this. I'm seriously killing the ball and score like 4 runs an inning every inning every game. It's that bad, where I figured someone else would have seen this. It wasn't this way at all before the patch. It's like allstar is totally horked. The thing is when you change the difficulty it just changes the slider settings so its not like pro and allstar got mixed up or reversed. I checked that too. Pro and Allstar are now ridiculously easy whereas LEgend is ridiculously hard.

I'm seriousally going from beating the cpu 30-0 to losing 20-6 if i change between Allstar and Legend. There's something not right.
I don't think you can play defaults on this game, you need to change all the sliders. Go to the slider section you should find something to fit your style. MKHARSH33's is especially challenging IMO.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #303
Rookie

OVR: 1

Do these apply to a franchise already started or will I need to start a new one?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #304
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

Quote:

Have you even looked at the sliders. If you are killing the ball, lower USER contact. I think All-Star has CPU pitch speed at 60, but I play with it at 75. Even if you don't want to look at the slider settings others use, why would you not move some yourself. It's not really rocket science.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »