Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #89
Banned

TheRealCar10ck's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

Also you have Cowboys Stadium as a Conf. Title Site. Jerry World? Is this confirmed in the game.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealCar10ck
Also you have Cowboys Stadium as a Conf. Title Site. Jerry World? Is this confirmed in the game.
I'm just assuming it is in the game since it hosts the Cotton Bowl.

as far as the spreadsheet, type "Google Documents" into Google. You can make/save spreadsheets there.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #91
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealCar10ck
you can choose where the conference championship game is played. you can also have it set where the team with the best record host the championship game, like the real life C-USA and PAC-12.

Cowboys' stadium will be in the game as it is the site for the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic Bowl game.

College Football 25 Team Information Spreadsheet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #92
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
It's not as big a deal as it could be though. For instance if you give the BCS status to the WAC and take it away from the Big 12, the non-BCS bowl tie-ins are still better for the Big 12, but the game doesn't make any meaningful difference in bowls, since it doesn't track money for the schools, money from bigger TV ratings/contracts etc. Playing in the Papa John's Pizza bowl is for all intents and purposes the same as playing in the Cotton bowl. I do agree I'd prefer to be able to control the non-BCS bowl tie ins but it's not a game breaker without a monetary system in place.
The problem with the bowl tie-ins is the matchups and amount of bowl bids. If you were to make the old SWC as C-USA your non-BCS conf champ would play either the the Big East's #5 or SEC's #8 or 9. If you wanted to make the SWC in the Sun Belt you would only get one bowl bid and that would be against C-USA's #4 team.

I really liked this idea until I started trying to figure out conferences. With 16-team super conferences you'll get 2 and 3-star programs in the MWC, WAC, C-USA and MAC getting auto bids while potentially better teams miss out on bids. On the other end, trying to re-create a former conference landscape from the 70's or 80's leaves you putting a traditionally good conference in poor bowls matched up with inferior opponents and/or giving up bowl bids.

Unless you can change non-BCS bowl affiliations (which they haven't announced), this feature is really pointless accept for changing real world affiliations as they happen. That would be fine if they marketed it that way. However, they are marketing you being able to re-create the old Big 8 or SWC, which you can, just at the expense of bowl prestige for your teams...
Old 05-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #93
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcman1
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=CIip9rMH

My attempt at realigning by Regions. I just used Independents as a collection of schools I couldn't work in.

Didn't see the point in attempting to make 12 conferences. Figured it's pretty likely we won't be able to treat Independents like an actual conference with its own schedule.

edit: And here's my realignment I think I may use for most of my dynasties.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=CK3Zv88P
Very nice! Just an idea, putting UTEP and Rice in the WAC would balance those divisions a bit giving you 8 and 6 teams instead of 10 and 4.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
You said you would have 10-team conferences with 9 conference games; that is a round robin. Everyone plays every body else. You didn't say it, but you sure described it

And you can only have 32 independents. So technically, with your system, one conference would be independents and you could control them and make them play each other, but it would not happen by default. Conferences cannot be added or deleted. You cannot change their names. You cannot go below 4 teams or above 16.

I'm sorry I thought you were talking about having the playoffs a round robin my falt

As far as any of the "rules" go if I'm not mistaken they are made up by the NCAA so they could toss out the 32 independent team rule and for that matter having to have 12 teams for a CC game. I really think the NCAA needs a commissioner. We all know it's about money and with my system each team could make a great deal of money and it all be better for the fans to crown the true champs each year.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:20 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
I think editing generic FCS schools is possible and would be a passable alternative in the meantime. However, I can see how capping the teams FBS at 120 is necessary.

To allow the league to expand to 130 ro 140 ro even more teams there would have to be a complete overhaul of the system. The coding that it would take to accomodate that would be enormous. They would have to account for adding new conferences (which may be easier now), adjusitng schedules and scheduling logic, bowl selection, poll logic, etc. It seems like ti wuld atake an awful lot of resources to code that ability and would significantly detract from new features.

With that being said, I think the things they are adding like complete custom conferences and changes to scheduling logic will make that possible and easier to implement down the line. It is something we may see in two years after adding custom bowls and improving the custom conferences and schedules based off of this year's feedback.
I think those factors would stay the relatively the same , 6-6 and better teams go the bowls and outside of conference and rivalries game schedules tend to be random. I think the problem would probably be rosters and recruits. I have no idea how many recruits are generated but with each team having 25 scholarships a wild guess of mines is 25 players created per school and at 130-140 schools that would be 250-500 more players in the dynasty.
OKC Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #96
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Outside of rebuilding the Big East, Hawai'i to the pac 12 instead of Utah and aligning ND with a conference, I'm not going to mess with thed small conferences so I'm not going to come across the fcs issue. I'm glad its in this year and I fully expect any wonkyness to be fixed sibsequent years

sent from parts unknown

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »